The Patriots* snap a streak of 8 straight seasons of at least 12 wins

YoloinOhio

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It doesn’t even make any sense. The Patriots already beat both the Texans and the Chiefs. Superior in every way? The Patriots gave the best qb of all time so that’s literally the 1st thing most people talk about. 

I think they would lose to the chargers, chiefs or Steelers in the playoffs if played on the road. 

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It doesn’t even make any sense. The Patriots already beat both the Texans and the Chiefs. Superior in every way? The Patriots gave the best qb of all time so that’s literally the 1st thing most people talk about. 

In a rematch I believe the three teams I mentioned would beat them.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they would lose to the chargers, chiefs or Steelers in the playoffs if played on the road. 

I believe the Chargers and Ravens would punch the Patriots in the mouth, no matter where the game is.

The Steelers and Chiefs at home would beat them.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need to acquire a young QB. 

Every young QB never measures up to Bellicheats standards.  Or, is viewed as expendable for draft capital.  He doesn’t want to go into tear down bound or rebuilding so he’ll milk this for all it’s worth and put Brady into a wheelchair.  

14 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Plain and simple, they are on their downward spiral.

Two years from now they will be bottom feeders.

I don't know if I'd call it a 'spiral' yet.  If they lose either of their last 2 games at home to the Bills or Jets, then maybe I can get to spiral.

When I watch the Patriots, it seems pretty apparent to me they are still a good team led by a good QB, but not great anymore. If things fall into place, they are capable of winning any one single game against anyone...I just don't see them winning 2 or 3 games in a row against playoff caliber teams, but they are still 'dangerous'. 

The good news for everyone but Pats fans is...while Brady may still be good and capable of beating anyone...he is not what he once was.  Earlier in the year we debated this...and his supporters said he has been 'declared done' many times in the past and always returned to greatness. But this feels like longest stretch he has had where he hasn't been consistently great.  If he comes back next year to play...I see his slide being more apparent.  The Bills, Jets, or Dolphins...whichever of those teams that has the best offseason, have a legit threat to win the division in 2019.

33 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Don’t they have Jimm.......er, nevermind.

Manuel is out there. So is Nathan Peterman.

LOL

Be worried if they sign Peterman to their practice squad this week. Of course, what Peterman only remembers from the playbook is "On third down, throw it to the opposing team"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

You sure about that?

2014 - Bills 17 NE 9

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014122810

2016 - Bills 16 NE 0

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2016100205

Yea, it's only two games out of many, but they're still losses at home for NE. And if I remember right, the loss in 2014 was the first one for NE at home, since Gillette was opened. 

Lol brining up a 1 game in which a third string qb played 

And another game where the patriots literally had nothing to play for.

Lol show me a meaningful game the bills beat them in foxborough.

Try again.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think the bills will give the patriots trouble next week. Might not win because there will still be refs, but the Pats might know we are there for a change.

No they wont new england will win at home easily.  

I knew they would likley lose in miami and had a 50/50 chance against pittsburgh

This is an easy win for new england against a terrible football team

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That link didn't take me to the thread in question.  Try this one:  https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/post-game-thread-pats-steelers.1146391/

It is enjoyable to see all these entitled fans get kicked in the gut.

I agree with many of the fans in that thread. Compared with previous Pats teams, this one really isn’t that good. They could rise to the occasion in the playoffs, for sure. But they’ve been meh compared to other teams