Article - Making a case for Josh Allen as the NFL's best rookie quarterback over Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson

One Buffalo

2 hours ago, 87168 said:

only difference is one of those players took their team to the SB in their rookie year. so not the best comparison

true--but on the most talented team in the league and with coaches that knew how to use him(exc on that final drive against an exhausted raven team when they ran that idiotic EZ fade when Kap coulda walked it in). I kinda worry that Allen could become another Kap if he doesnt learn some more basics eg screen pass and not panicking when throwing to wide open WRs.

23 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

Wow, this ESPN show "High Noon" just brought up this and had a couple minute segment completely trashing Allen and Quinn, while embarrassing themselves for a lack of actually looking into the article and only bringing up his completion percentage and lack of passing TD.  Basically Calling Allen horrible, and trashing Quinn, even brought up Tyrod , saying didn't you people in Buffalo say passing matters..

Espn should be ashamed of themselves for having these bozos get on national TV and talk about a subject they clearly knew nothing about. They clearly didn't watch Allen play, and didn't bring up the lack of WR and terrible ol, only the negatives, it was a cringe worthy watch imo...can't find a link but i'm sure there will be one soon, this was around 410 pm 

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow, this ESPN show "High Noon" just brought up this and had a couple minute segment completely trashing Allen and Quinn, while embarrassing themselves for a lack of actually looking into the article and only bringing up his completion percentage and lack of passing TD.  Basically Calling Allen horrible, and trashing Quinn, even brought up Tyrod , saying didn't you people in Buffalo say passing matters..

Espn should be ashamed of themselves for having these bozos get on national TV and talk about a subject they clearly knew nothing about. They clearly didn't watch Allen play, and didn't bring up the lack of WR and terrible ol, only the negatives, it was a cringe worthy watch imo...can't find a link but i'm sure there will be one soon, this was around 410 pm 

I saw that segment. Absolute trash. Bringing up stats that the article specifically counters such as the completion percentage. And showing all the lowlight footage while blabbering on.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Who were the hosts?

1 hour ago, Big C said:

I saw that segment. Absolute trash. Bringing up stats that the article specifically counters such as the completion percentage. And showing all the lowlight footage while blabbering on.

Eh, it was a little rough but to a non Bills fan, how far off was it?  We got rid of Tyrod, who helped us get to the playoffs, because he wasn’t a great passer.  Well, Allen is competing 52% of his passes for 5 tds and 9 ints.  His best skill is running the ball.  

He is a rookie so it’s different.  But there is a slight double standard in how both guys are evaluated by Bills fans.  If Tyrod had Allen’s season, he’d be completely run out of town.  I’m a Bills fans so I get the difference.  But plenty of non Bills fans don’t understand the move. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who were the hosts?

Bomani Jones and Pablo.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, it was a little rough but to a non Bills fan, how far off was it?  We got rid of Tyrod, who helped us get to the playoffs, because he wasn’t a great passer.  Well, Allen is competing 52% of his passes for 5 tds and 9 ints.  His best skill is running the ball.  

He is a rookie so it’s different.  But there is a slight double standard in how both guys are evaluated by Bills fans.  If Tyrod had Allen’s season, he’d be completely run out of town.  I’m a Bills fans so I get the difference.  But plenty of non Bills fans don’t understand the move. 

Bomani Jones and Pablo.

Both provocateurs.  Not much to get upset about. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But it is still looking at the raw numbers that obviously are less than stellar without having actually watched the games or read the article to discuss the counterpoints. 

Furthermore, the quote on the screen was "he oozes potential" and then they go on about how his numbers are bad right now. That has little to do with his potential.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Both provocateurs.  Not much to get upset about. 

But if they said he was awesome, they would be cool.  Fans are so sensitive about opinions they don’t like.  

If Allen was on another team that was bad and not on national tv a lot, we’d talk about how much he is struggling too. 

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You need say no more.

Weird. I thought he was a guy you would like.  Oh, of course, you won’t like him. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But if they said he was awesome, they would be cool.  Fans are so sensitive about opinions they don’t like.  

If Allen was on another team that was bad and not on national tv a lot, we’d talk about how much he is struggling too. 

Weird. I thought he was a guy you would like.  Oh, of course, you won’t like him. 

In the end it doesn't matter what anyone says about any of these players. Ultimately they'll succeed or fail on the field of play.  No sense in the associated outrage.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In the end it doesn't matter what anyone says about any of these players. Ultimately they'll succeed or fail on the field of play.  No sense in the associated outrage.

Of course.  I bet if you watched ESPN after the Vikes game, Allen was getting praised like crazy.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of course.  I bet if you watched ESPN after the Vikes game, Allen was getting praised like crazy.  

Of course. He received universal positive media hype after that game. They probably were killing Quinn because he works for rival networks CBS.com and FOX.  BTW, it'll be interesting hearing Quinn analyze Allen this Sunday. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who were the hosts?

Bomani Jones, i probably butchered his name, and i'm not familiar with the other guy, younger asian guy. It was truly such a garbage segment that just focused on one line of the article and had little to no knowledge or insight. Like I said, ESPN and these 2 hosts should be ashamed of themselves for talking about this with clearly little to no knowledge on how Allen has been playing. Didn't even bring up the injury and the progress he has showed since coming back. They showed a pick he threw versus SD, his first start and Jones actually started laughing and said something like "i mean look at that throw for christ sake"

This is why i barely tune in anymore and i don't know how production can run this type of garbage at 4 pm.

The least they could have done would be to watch even all his throws from the last 3 weeks , which you see a ton of upside and potential and drops and brutal OL play and at least touch on this aspect of his game and this team, which Quinn did.

Edited by JerseyBills

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Bomani Jones, i probably butchered his name, and i'm not familiar with the other guy, younger asian guy. It was truly such a garbage segment that just focused on one line of the article and had little to no knowledge or insight. Like I said, ESPN and these 2 hosts should be ashamed of themselves for talking about this with clearly little to no knowledge on how Allen has been playing. Didn't even bring up the injury and the progress he has showed since coming back. They showed a pick he threw versus SD, his first start and Jones actually started laughing and said something like "i mean look at that throw for christ sake"

This is why i barely tune in anymore and i don't know how production can run this type of garbage at 4 pm.

It's hardly the place for in-depth analysis so I wouldn't even worry about it.  Like I posted earlier, it's a show designed for yucks and frivolity by a well known provocateur in Jones.  No sweat.  We know the growth Allen has demonstrated on the field as fans of the team, so what an ESPN host says matters not one bit in the grand scheme of things. 

On 12/11/2018 at 6:54 PM, billsredneck1 said:

not to sound ignorant but, what happens stat wise in that case? josh completes a pass...called back for penalty.  does that even get recorded in the attempts/comp.?

btw ..offensive penalties. i get the turnover with wood and richie but this line and run game have been coming unraveled for a couple of years now and i blame that all on position coaching...or...err....run game coordinator.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

If the defense accepts the penalty then the play never happened so nothing is entered into the stats. 

So, 9/10 > 8/9 > 7/8 > 6/7 > 5/6 > 4/5 > 3/4 > 2/3 > 1/2... etc.  

17 hours ago, JerseyBills said: