The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, grinreaper said:

I know that's what Trump says, but it is such a poor position for the dems to take, I wonder if there's more to it?

I would hope so. 

I still am of the opinion that they're not really negotiating the wall at all, considering they know - and Trump knows - he can build it without an EO and without Congress through the military and there would be no way for an injunction to prevent it. 

Either that, or as others have said, Trump is just punishing the opposition by making them dangle in front of the public and argue a losing cause. 

• Like (+1) 1

How is that a defensible position ??

Talks have stalled over Democrat request to put new 16,500 cap on immigrant detention beds for interior enforcement. Republicans want to apprehend and hold violent criminals above that cap. Shelby says 50/50 chance of Deal now.

Now Democrats would rather shut down government than let ICE detain illegal aliens, including violent criminals. Amazing!

Democrats have become the party of Open Border radicals & extremists.

I posted the new poll numbers for President Trump in a different thread - 52% according to Rasmussen. The internals will be closer to the truth, and much higher. Makes me wonder if this will change anything this week in negotiations?  The whispers after the SOTU speech were the D internal numbers for the President were much higher than the 70s immediately reported.

This next shut-down will not be on Trump. The Ds should get serious, and get this done with the Rs. The wall is being built with or without them, so they may as well try and act like they support the county.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How is that a defensible position ??

Talks have stalled over Democrat request to put new 16,500 cap on immigrant detention beds for interior enforcement. Republicans want to apprehend and hold violent criminals above that cap. Shelby says 50/50 chance of Deal now.

Chances were never 50/50.  Dem leadership doesn't want anything that will restrict people coming into this country.  Chances were always 0.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I posted the new poll numbers for President Trump in a different thread - 52% according to Rasmussen. The internals will be closer to the truth, and much higher. Makes me wonder if this will change anything this week in negotiations?  The whispers after the SOTU speech were the D internal numbers for the President were much higher than the 70s immediately reported.

This next shut-down will not be on Trump. The Ds should get serious, and get this done with the Rs. The wall is being built with or without them, so they may as well try and act like they support the county.

:beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Chances were never 50/50.  Dem leadership doesn't want anything that will restrict people coming into this country.  Chances were always 0.

Dems are mostly refusing to even consider bargaining in good faith

Pelosi is a loyal opponent who wants to get things done, so that is the only redeeming factor. If it was just a temper-tantrum idiot this would have been shut down months ago

14 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I think the attempt to limit detention beds is just a ploy to limit ICE's authority. Without a bed, and without the ability to deport, the only choice left is to release illegal criminal aliens   in the USA. It is the dems way of telling Trump, FU to any deal.

No schiff, sherlock.

They never had any intention of negotiating in good faith.

• Like (+1) 1