Why I believe Allen will get this team to an afc championship (eventually)

Steptide

2 hours ago, PeterDude said:

If it wasn't for his running, he'd be a pretty meh QB.  Unfortunately, the running aspect of his game will be the first thing to fade in terms of skills or possibly injury.

Steve Young says Hi ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PeterDude said:

If it wasn't for his running, he'd be a pretty meh QB.  Unfortunately, the running aspect of his game will be the first thing to fade in terms of skills or possibly injury.

Disagree. He reminds me of a Russell Wilson, getting out of trouble and making throws. There is room in the nfl to make plays with their feet. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PeterDude said:

I’ll hand it to you, you ARE consistent! 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

You have a short memory then. I'd maybe take losman off that list, but Edwards and Fitz definitely played outstanding for the bills for a short time. Edwards in 08 started 5-1 and looked like the next Kelly. Then got injured and was never the same. Fitz pulled the impossible and beat Brady and the Pats in 2011 and started 5-2 only to drop off again like Edwards. Allen has a much better skill set than both those guys, and I'm pretty sure he'll get better, but there is no gaurentee of that 

Edwards did not at all look like the next Kelly. People gave him credit for doing things he never did. He had a couple good games but he was never a dynamic player, none of those five wins was a great game by him, he was a lot like Peterman except better arm. He missed one week and the first game back from his injury may have been his best game of his career, so the injury and never was the same theory is nonsense. He was never good under a strong rush even when we had that good start. He could never get the ball downfield with any consistency. He was a good presnap read short passer and that's it. 

Fitz is a huge overachiever and he was pretty good on the Bills. But he also showed the bad Fitz. 

Allen is WAY, WAY more talented than either of them and to me, comparing them just because those guys had a few good games and wins is somewhat foolish. Neither of them had any chance at all of being franchise quarterbacks for ten years. Josh has a decent chance and he's better than I thought he would be and most everyone thought he would be already. That doesn't at all mean he has arrived. He has a long, long way to go to be a franchise QB. But so far it's highly encouraging imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

Because we've been dow this road before. Losman, Edwards, Fitz. All had flashes of greatness. Like I said Allen needs to improve in certain areas, and if he can do that, then yes I believe he will be fantastic and this team will be competing for a superbowl. That's a big if 

You are really going out on a limb there. Craziness I tell you. Stating the obvious, and then circling back. It is ok to have an opinion. You won't get jail time for it. At least I don't think you will.

2 hours ago, PeterDude said:

That's probably the best hope, Cam 2.0. Thing is, how many SB's is that?

Look around the league and ask that about almost any qb but Brady.

13 hours ago, PeterDude said:

Uh, okay.

13 hours ago, PeterDude said:

My lord, have you ever seen him throw a pass?  He has the best pure arm in the league.  The BEST. 

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

My lord, have you ever seen him throw a pass?  He has the best pure arm in the league.  The BEST. 

Then why was the most important pass of the game a duck? Oh, that's right, footwork. Where have we heard that before? 

4 hours ago, PeterDude said:

That's probably the best hope, Cam 2.0. Thing is, how many SB's is that?

Judging QBs on SBs? I guess you must think pretty low of Philip Rivers.

Joe Flacco must be on par with Aaron Rodgers and Brees cause they all have 1 each!

8 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Then why was the most important pass of the game a duck? Oh, that's right, footwork. Where have we heard that before? 

Maybe something to do with he was fading away and running for his life while throwing a ball that travelled 50 yards in the air against his body?

Edited by billsfan11

21 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Judging QBs on SBs? I guess you must think pretty low of Philip Rivers.

That is a big part of the judgement yes. Of course there are extenuating circumstances in some cases, but the point of having an NFL team/career is to win championships.

If Rivers never wins  SB, he'll be a lesser QB when history looks back, just like Kelly. That's how it works.

1 hour ago, PeterDude said:

That is a big part of the judgement yes. Of course there are extenuating circumstances in some cases, but the point of having an NFL team/career is to win championships.

If Rivers never wins  SB, he'll be a lesser QB when history looks back, just like Kelly. That's how it works.

Team game. One player can't win a championship by himself. Marino is considered one of the best of all time and he never won.

Only some people like to paint the picture that if ONE player can't win a SB, then he must not be great.

Never made any sense to me as Football is a complete team game made up of offence, defence, special teams, coaching, injuries/depth, and luck also plays a huge factor as well.

It is not Basketball where your best player is on the court virtually the whole game and can make a direct impact on defence and offence. And Basketball only has 5 players on at a certain time where Football has 11.

Edited by billsfan11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really think this team is going to be the most shocking team in the NFL next year.

Beane is going to go out and seriously spend that $90 million in free CAP space in Free Agency.  I expect we'll pursue a top tier FA WR/TE or two.

We will (unfortunately) have what looks like a top 10 draft pick to grab an impact player.  Plus, Beane and his college scouts look more than competent, so I expect we'll also find some late round gems like we did with Milano last year.

And most importantly, Allen will have the benefit of a full NFL offseason to not just work on his game, but also his chemistry with his teammates.

I think we would have made the playoffs this year if McDermott named Allen the starter early in Training Camp the way he should have.  It's clear that plays like his missed TD pass in the EZ to Zay on Sunday are all about communication and chemistry.  And Allen will have all this time to become that much more comfotable in Daboll's system.

We will be in the playoffs next year.  I think it will be a home game. And I think we will win at least 1 playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1