Josh Allen's progress

mjt328

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

52% completion rate will kill his career in a hurry. That number needs to go way up. Honestly, he really hasn't shown much progress to date, but hopefully with a year under his belt and a stronger supporting cast next year, we'll see some development. We gave up far too much for Allen and Edmunds for them to be average. Neither has impressed me very much or shown any real progress.

T.R.O.L.L. Alert

• Like (+1) 2

Today is a big test for Josh.....rookies are usually exposed when facing a Belichick team for the 1st time....and hopefully, our fans take that in consideration if he struggles a bit....it's all part of the learning curve...so let's not overreact if he has a tough outing....

Edited by Iron Maiden

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

52% completion rate will kill his career in a hurry. That number needs to go way up. Honestly, he really hasn't shown much progress to date, but hopefully with a year under his belt and a stronger supporting cast next year, we'll see some development. We gave up far too much for Allen and Edmunds for them to be average. Neither has impressed me very much or shown any real progress.

No offense, but these posts that cite completion percentage with zero actual analysis reek of box score scouting without watching the game.

4 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Today is a big test for Josh.....rookies are usually exposed when facing a Belichick team for the 1st time....and hopefully, our fans take that in consideration if he struggles a bit....it's all part of the learning curve...so let's not overreact if he has a tough outing....

I agree that I expect a rough outing today, but for me it's less about Belichick and more about NE just being a bad matchup for what little we do well offensively.

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Either you don't watch many games or you don't understand the game.  That's what this post tells me.  A fan that screams one general stat like that with no breakdown of how or why it is that way is a pointless post.  Especially with a stat like completion percentage which has so many factors that go along with it.   His adjusted completion percentage is out there by the way which takes away those drops and plays where he was flushed out by immediate pressure and had to throw it away.  Educate yourself and watch some film too.    

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A lesson for Allen today in a game that I would call a step back.

Agreed, it was a down day BUT its kinda crazy you can point to just 2 plays that flip this game upsidedown.  The sun killing the foster bomb/td and another ball LITERALLY going through Thomas's hands. 2 things happen a little different and we are talking about our rookie qb the Patriot killer. I know its dangerous to go down the 'ifs' path but in this instance its not a huge ask. For anyone who continued watching and saw the Eagles game and their last drive it was both sad and encouraging.  Sad that there is such disparity in their WR corps but good in that Allen is already servicable with nothing - imagine what he'll be with WR that actually go and make HIM a play rather than have a 20% chance at a drop even when it hits em in the hands!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Agreed, it was a down day BUT its kinda crazy you can point to just 2 plays that flip this game upsidedown.  The sun killing the foster bomb/td and another ball LITERALLY going through Thomas's hands. 2 things happen a little different and we are talking about our rookie qb the Patriot killer. I know its dangerous to go down the 'ifs' path but in this instance its not a huge ask. For anyone who continued watching and saw the Eagles game and their last drive it was both sad and encouraging.  Sad that there is such disparity in their WR corps but good in that Allen is already servicable with nothing - imagine what he'll be with WR that actually go and make HIM a play rather than have a 20% chance at a drop even when it hits em in the hands!!

Another "flip play" was edelman TD

Just now, gobills1212 said:

All in another day of his learning experience.  On to the finale. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep! Of course there were bad throws as well - but if those 2 are included (bc the throw was made, just not executed) he actly made enough throws for them to win. Even though it was a step back, small boring things showed progress like when/how to run or give up on a play by throwing it away etc. Next week will be important to set the tone for the offseason. A nice showing sure wld make this place a more pleasant off season read

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Another game, another loss until next season, when josh allen is a “2019 mvp candidate” or any other number of ridiculous threads about how Allen is the second coming.

I’m guessing those people won’t be commenting.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Another game, another loss until next season, when josh allen is a “2019 mvp candidate” or any other number of ridiculous threads about how Allen is the second coming.

He'll flash, but still has so much to learn as an unfinished product. He'll grow from experiences like today's.  No proclamation in either direction should be made at this juncture. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

our defense played spectacular today??

wtf game did i watch.

smh.

Get over it, there were ugly stretches for sure, but what do you want the QB to say? After the O put up a whopping 13 points (through no fault of his own), it’s a terrible look to call out the D. He did the right thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Ugh, not a hater, and not sure he’s the second coming. Why do people have to go to such extremes in life. I’m encouraged in many ways, but far from sure about what we have in Josh. It’s OK to be encouraged and wait to see how it turns out. 

12 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I’m still here. Still think the kid’s a stud. Still know rookie QBs play up and down week to week.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Get over it, there were ugly stretches for sure, but what do you want the QB to say? After the O put up a whopping 13 points (through no fault of his own), it’s a terrible look to call out the D. He did the right thing. 

for starters, how about not blowing smoke up their ***** when they absolutely stunk out there today. he could have chosen just not to comment on the defense at all.