Around the NFL Week 12

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I doubt it, Pittsburgh has looked weak since their Carolina Blowout, they barely won last week and now lost this week.

It’s in Pittsburgh, and Chargers lost at home to the same team Steelers just lost to on the road. You think Chargers are going to blow them out at the big ketchup bottle on national tv? Melvin Gordon probably out too because they ran stupid plays with him to light him up in the backfield even though he was already questionable and they didn’t need him. Looks like another mcl sprain. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I kinda understand where he's coming from, but it isn't like Jackson ran out on them- he was fired. They (the browns) didn't want him anymore, so he's free to do what he wants. 

Exactly, he was fired and took the first job offering that came to him

He didn't quit on them to take the Cincy job

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think his point was, how many fired coaches take a job 2 weeks later DURING the season? Jackson will be paid either way, so it's really odd to take a job so soon on a team Cleveland played twice still. That,  and the fact that Hue tried to push all blame for his failures on to other people.

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Anybody see the browns WR give THE TD ball to Hugh Jackson. Boy that was cold! ?

It was Damarious Randall, the FS. He intercepted Dalton, stepped out of bounds, and handed Hue the ball. It was hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I agree. Hue wasn’t a good HC but i won’t criticize him for that. Sure he’s getting paid by Cleveland but he wants to coach and the bengals may be his future so why turn them down when they call? I thought the Browns players were really immature and petty and yesterday. It’s not like he quit on the team like marrone. He was fired. Is he supposed to sit around until your feelings will be ok if he goes somewhere else? Baker is a 12 year old.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

This. I'm guilty of making fun of Hue this year as well, but the guy lost his mother & brother this year,  so working is likely good for him. I like Baker, but this seems vindictive and mean-spirited.

13 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

This. I'm guilty of making fun of Hue this year as well, but the guy lost his mother & brother this year,  so working is likely good for him. I like Baker, but this seems vindictive and mean-spirited.

Baker uses things he perceives as slights to motivate himself and his team, which is kind of cool. It works for him. He’s perfect for Cleveland. But I just don’t get why you do this publicly. It made him look very small.  The nfl is a business and he’s back to his crotch grabbing  collegiate antics. Keep that stuff in the locker room. He’s almost 24, time to grow up. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. Hue wasn’t a good HC but i won’t criticize him for that. Sure he’s getting paid by Cleveland but he wants to coach and the bengals may be his future so why turn them down when they call? I thought the Browns players were really immature and petty and yesterday. It’s not like he quit on the team like marrone. He was fired. Is he supposed to sit around until your feelings will be ok if he goes somewhere else? Baker is a 12 year old.

Spot on. I crap on Hue as much as anyone but the way Mayfield went about it was childish. He had a chance to take the high road after a nice performance and still couldn’t do it.

I would have respected him more if he came out and said he should have been the starter day 1 and Hue set their season back so winning today feels good. Isn’t that what it was about for Baker? That’s how it looked.

Take the high road or tell us how you really feel. Don’t make up some crap about how he changed teams, if a player changes teams the first thing fans hear is “it’s a buisness” 

11 hours ago, cle23 said:

I think his point was, how many fired coaches take a job 2 weeks later DURING the season? Jackson will be paid either way, so it's really odd to take a job so soon on a team Cleveland played twice still. That,  and the fact that Hue tried to push all blame for his failures on to other people.

It was Damarious Randall, the FS. He intercepted Dalton, stepped out of bounds, and handed Hue the ball. It was hilarious. 

How many head coaches get offered a job in season after getting fired? It almost never happens, so why not take the offer when it was given to go back to the team you left. He did leave the Bengals to go to the Browns originally.