McDermott gave his players the boot for the Bye Week

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very big here in the Midwest. Mainly an online brand but there is a huge new store in cbus.

i just remember looking at the catalogs as a youngster. probably close to 30 years ago now. and now i am remembering looking at all the toys in the Sears catalog. good times!

The article didn’t mention it, but I have it on good authority that he also gave them a knitted pair of mittens with a string connecting them inside their jacket so they couldn’t get lost. SUPER classy and thoughtful! 

11 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i just remember looking at the catalogs as a youngster. probably close to 30 years ago now. and now i am remembering looking at all the toys in the Sears catalog. good times!

funny that you mention this, because i've seen more catalogs this season than i have since i was a kid.  amazon and walmart both put out toy catalogs for kids.  no prices.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:46 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I got my wife a pair of those boots for Christmas last year. They seem nice and warm. Probably gonna give her a contract extension too. 

I'd have some performance clauses in there, watch out for the dead cap if it doesn't work out.

39 minutes ago, Dat said:

I'd have some performance clauses in there, watch out for the dead cap if it doesn't work out.

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Just make sure the extension is heavily "performance" based.

Seems to be the consensus. I'm drafting the Benjamin clause as we speak. 

On 11/18/2018 at 5:11 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not that I'm knocking him either way, but did he buy the boots or did he have the Bills pay for them.  That sort of thing is done all the time in businesses where you give recognition gifts, so not knocking it, just wondering.

Actually I'm wondering if this gift has cap implications?

You would think that stuff like that is insignificant to guys who make millions of dollars but it really isn't.   People want to feel appreciated as more than just someone who earns a paycheck.    Very thoughtful gift that I think goes a long way.   I don't know how people find a way not to like the guy.   

On 11/20/2018 at 7:52 AM, teef said:

funny that you mention this, because i've seen more catalogs this season than i have since i was a kid.  amazon and walmart both put out toy catalogs for kids.  no prices.

i just remember pouring over that Sears catalog for hours at a time, looking at all the toys. funny thing is, it was just the same 5-10 pages. it was just absolutely mesmerizing!

• Like (+1) 1