McD - we do have wins, although they are not always on the scoreboard. Saw some Bills style football yesterday

Reed83HOF

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You dont seem to know the difference of building and fielding.  The ONLY piece of the future they went out and got is Allen.  They have NOT begun the offensive rebuild.  But they STILL need to FIELD a team in the mean time.  Offensive rebuild rally starts this offseason.

I don't understand why you continue to ignore that he traded for both of our awful receivers. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not true.  He and Beane said repeatedly this is a passing league and its critical you can throw from the pocket.  There is a REASON they took a QB with a big arm...thats to throw.

Some of you cant separate what he wants to do with the only thing this team can do.  We have no passing attack, you act like he CHOOSES not to have it.  Our young QB is hurt, our WR and OL is subpar.  He is trying to run because this team cant currently throw.  Not because he feels we should just be a power run team.

Some of you really need to separate yourselves from this year and get a grip.  Trubisky playing almost a full season only threw SEVEN TD's last year...SEVEN.  Now look at him with new weapons around him to work with and a year under his belt.  Different team now and they are looking to throw more and downfield more despite being a run first team prior because they couldn't throw.  

He did choose to get rid of our top WR, and our best lineman even after knowing Incognito and Wood were finished. They failed to address the needs of the line and receiver positions adequately this season.  They also traded the veteran QB the acquired to hold the fort until Allen was ready. A lot of this falls on McD and Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

So they were tanking all along, but once they won a few games, they stopped tanking. Now that they suck, they're back to tanking. It's hard to keep up with these geniuses because they're so ahead of the curve.

Thank you for breaking it down.

Not remotely close to what I said, but based on your posts on this board lately, doesn't surprise me you made up your own narrative.

28 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Prolific Passers

Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Luck, Ryan and Stafford. 

You didnt include Brady. 

Your thinking of building a defense first is just wrong, there have been many times that the bills fielded an excellent defense but it didn’t do any good and there is a decent defense right now it means nothing because we can’t score. 

Same problem last year only it’s much worse. 

This FO has just one year to fix the offense and it’s not going to happen with the resources and time they have. 

Lol.  So ONE guy chases the narrative for 7 guys?  Hahaha ok.  

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't understand why you continue to ignore that he traded for both of our awful receivers. 

I dont see why you keep ignoring Beane was a member of the Carolina Panthers when that Zay trade happened.  So HOW did he trade for those 2?

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not remotely close to what I said, but based on your posts on this board lately, doesn't surprise me you made up your own narrative.

I admire your optimism and commitment to this team. I really do.

That optimism is entirely unwarranted IMO and the Bills will be much better off once we change course. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing but have drastically different views on how to get there. Nothing personal. All business.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont see why you keep ignoring Beane was a member of the Carolina Panthers when that Zay trade happened.  So HOW did he trade for those 2?

McDermott made the trade. Whaley wasn't involved with the 2017 draft. 

Beane was here for the Benjamin trade, which was another terrible decision. 

McDermott runs the show at OBD. He brought his buddy Beane along, but he's the one in charge. 

Edited by jrober38

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He did choose to get rid of our top WR, and our best lineman even after knowing Incognito and Wood were finished. They failed to address the needs of the line and receiver positions adequately this season.  They also traded the veteran QB the acquired to hold the fort until Allen was ready. A lot of this falls on McD and Beane.

He didn't choose to get rid of our best WR.  He chose to get value, good value, for a guy they were NOT going to resign and lose for nothing because they were not going to pay what he commanded.  And since leaving Buffalo, Watkins compiled less than 500 yards on a prolific Rams offense and is being paid $16M to be the 4th option in KC.  Not a chance we were paying Sammy $16M, nor should we...and I am a Sammy fan.

So the alternative was to have kept Watkins, still lose to Jaguars (assuming we still make playoffs), and then lose Watkins and also NOT have the 2nd round pick that helped us land BOTH Allen and Edmunds?  That doesn't make sense does it?

And we had to trade Glenn...he was always hurt, underperforming and expendable. It was more important to go get our future QB, and that trade it possible to get Allen WITHOUT trading FUTURE first round picks or our SECOND first round pick last year which allowed us to get BOTH Edmunds and Allen without giving up any future firsts.  Look at how high our pick will be this year, its HUUUUGGGEEEE we got to get both guys without trading this pick.  

If people really look at what went down and why, you can see now why it was the right move.  And I did NOT like the trade at the time cuz I felt Watkins had just gotten healthy and wanted to see what he could do. But even I would not have paid him anything close to what he got.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That one guy meaning Brady, uh yeah that kinda does, since he was in 6 superbowls. 

You can can preach your arachiac mantra of defense wins championships (which is quickly going away it’s not a fad)while I say offense gets you that championship and now wins them. 

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

McDermott made the trade. Whaley wasn't involved with the 2017 draft. 

Beane was here for the Benjamin trade, which was another terrible decision. 

McDermott runs the show at OBD. He brought his buddy Beane along, but he's the one in charge. 

And Beane is the GM now.  Beane is leading the rebuild moving forward, not McD.  We did not give McD complete roster control as a first time HC.

12 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I admire your optimism and commitment to this team. I really do.

That optimism is entirely unwarranted IMO and the Bills will be much better off once we change course. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing but have drastically different views on how to get there. Nothing personal. All business.

But how can you not have some optimism?  Look I get this year is miserable, but I for one expected it and was ok with it before the season began.  

What have we done the last 2 decades?  Make a few meh moves to keep between 7 and 9 wins.  Gets us no where.  They needed to make a BOLD move, and they did that.  They went and got one of the most athletically gifted QB's we have seen in a long time.  Hes also a leader and smart.  There is a lot to like about him, if they can develop him we will be taking about SB or bust not trying to just compete for the final playoff spot.  

McD took a bad offense, a QB MOST here said could never make the playoffs...and did just that and did it without Sammy...without Jordan...and without KB mostly since he was hurt a lot once we got him.  He took a rag tag team and shocked and broke the streak.

And had Zay Jones not run such a piss poor route on the final play in Carolina, we would have won 10 games.  And I still think we beat Chargers last year (there were coming off 3 game losing streak) had we started Tyrod.  But MOST people here wanted us to start Peterman that week, then turned on McD when it didn't work out.  

Whats on the field this year is what he has had to field, not what they are building.  They have completed got the D setup to be good for awhile.  QB is in place...in one draft, Beane got his QB, his stud MLB (both first rounders without giving up this years first...think how important that is right now, to STILL have our first this year) and still got some good young prospects in Taron and Phillips.

Lots of good has been done...but people forget and twist it because they cant separate themselves from this year.  Everything is about moving forward, not this year.  They have not begun to really build the offense outside Allen.  Thats will be addressed this offseason and then next year we can see if their plan is working or not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

That one guy meaning Brady, uh yeah that kinda does, since he was in 6 superbowls. 

You can can preach your arachiac mantra of defense wins championships (which is quickly going away it’s not a fad)while I say offense gets you that championship and now wins them. 

I didn't say defense wins championships, I said there are many ways to win championships.  And Brady lost 2 with the most prolific offenses in history to Eli Manning and the Giants Defense who shut them down compared to their regular season.  

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The Bears after 2017 also understood that their head coach and staff obviously weren't good enough to develop the young QB and offense and mold the team into a winner. 

Will the Bills recognize the same fact about McDermott?

It's merely speculation at this point and until McDermott has the tools he feels he needs to put his team on the field, we won't know until after the 2019 season anyways.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn't say defense wins championships, I said there are many ways to win championships.  And Brady lost 2 with the most prolific offenses in history to Eli Manning and the Giants Defense who shut them down compared to their regular season.  

That’s because offenses win championships. 

That is why McD has already failed.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Why does it matter what McDermott tells the media? McDermott should be judges solely upon what happens on the field.

Then why is he still the Bills HC?  His team is as bad and as uncompetitive as any of the previous dog crap teams the Bills ever fielded back in the 1970s and 1980s.

5 hours ago, MRM33064 said:

My issue with the Mahommes talk is that even if he were here, he wouldn't be what he is.  He'd be handing off to Chris Ivory. 

That's actually my biggest fear about McD; that is, that Josh Allen really is super talented but he'll get ruined here by being neutered by a "defense first" and "protect the ball" '70s style staff.

I said before the season, and since, and I'll repeat it.  Allen is being set up to fail by having absolutely no support around him, not a real QB coach, not protection, not targets,and  not even a running game to take the pressure off of him.  That's on both McDermott and Beane, and they both need to go ASAP.

4 hours ago, Young34 said:

Welcome back to the heart of Bills football, boys.

"We punted well." -Dick Jauron

The currrent Bills don't even do that well.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They fired a bad coach, not a defensive coach.  This stupid notion that you cant coach if you come from defensive side is beyond stupid.  Go ask the Pats what they think of your thoughts.

McDermott is a bad coach, too.  He's a bad coach because he refuses to adapt to the reality that he's coaching in 2018 not 1968 or 1978 or 1988.

18 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

That’s because offenses win championships. 

That is why McD has already failed.

The why did the 17-0 Pats that set all offensive records lose to the Giants?  Why didnt Peyton Manning win more?  Why has Brees not won one in years and only made playoffs a couple times last 7 years?  Why hasn’t Rivers played in one?  Why hasn’t Luck?  Why did the Pats lose after setting SB offense records last year?  Why hasn’t Rogers won more than one?  Why hasn’t he been back in years?  Why does Andy Reid not have a SB ring as a HC?   

But yeah...offense wins championships.  Hahaha so dumb.  Offense CAN win a championship, just like defenses can (see recent champs like Denver 2015, Seattle, Ravens, Giants 3 times, etc) and so can balanced teams.  There are many ways to win the SB. 

So youre right, but not really, and still very wrong.  

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

McDermott is a bad coach, too.  He's a bad coach because he refuses to adapt to the reality that he's coaching in 2018 not 1968 or 1978 or 1988.

Nah, you’re just a bad analyst since you can’t seem to grasp what they do each week is NOT a function of how he wants to play, but the only way we can with the personnel we currently have.

I mean he and Beane have literally said multiple times how important it is to be able to have a good passing game in today’s NFL.  We just don’t currently have the personnel to do it yet.

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The why did the 17-0 Pats that set all offensive records lose to the Giants?  Why didnt Peyton Manning win more?  Why has Brees not won one in years and only made playoffs a couple times last 7 years?  Why hasn’t Rivers played in one?  Why hasn’t Luck?  Why did the Pats lose after setting SB offense records last year?  Why hasn’t Rogers won more than one?  Why hasn’t he been back in years?  Why does Andy Reid not have a SB ring as a HC?   

But yeah...offense wins championships.  Hahaha so dumb.  Offense CAN win a championship, just like defenses can (see recent champs like Denver 2015, Seattle, Ravens, Giants 3 times, etc) and so can balanced teams.  There are many ways to win the SB. 

So youre right, but not really, and still very wrong.  

Pats lost last SB because the other offense scored more.

Defense was optional

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Pats lost last SB because the other offense scored more.

Defense was optional

Really, how many points did the Pats average per game going into the SB against the Giants?  And now tell me how many points Pats scored in SB.  

Here I will help.  

Pats averaged 36.8 points per game.

Pats scored 14 in the SB loss which is less than 40% of their average.  

Man, this is just getting to easy now

PS:  Pats averaged 32.1 points per game in 2011 and then lost to Giants again scoring only 17.  

Edited by Alphadawg7