Midterm Election Gameday Thread

40 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Terrible decision and one voters will reject as she's now forced upon them.

B.S.

Martha Elizabeth McSally (born March 22, 1966) is an American United States Air Force combat veteran and politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Arizona's 2nd congressional district since 2015. A retired military officer, she served in the United States Air Force (USAF) from 1988 to 2010 and rose to the rank of colonel. One of the highest-ranking female pilots in the history of the Air Force, McSally was the first American woman to fly in combat following the 1991 lifting of the prohibition on female combat pilots.

She is more than qualified and will demonstrate that in her 2 years in the senate (Especially when compared to the Schumer-like votes that Krysten Sinema will do)

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

B.S.

Martha Elizabeth McSally (born March 22, 1966) is an American United States Air Force combat veteran and politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Arizona's 2nd congressional district since 2015. A retired military officer, she served in the United States Air Force (USAF) from 1988 to 2010 and rose to the rank of colonel. One of the highest-ranking female pilots in the history of the Air Force, McSally was the first American woman to fly in combat following the 1991 lifting of the prohibition on female combat pilots.

She is more than qualified and will demonstrate that in her 2 years in the senate (Especially when compared to the Schumer-like votes that Krysten Sinema will do)

Yep. And she was rejected last month, lest you forget. 

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yep. And she was rejected last month, lest you forget. 

Yeah, she was a terrible candidate. 

I think people can take comfort in the fact that Cindy McCain is probably more distressed than anyone at this appointment. And, that makes me smile. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Why would anyone think the media is biased!? ?

A NY Times Reporter Spoke At An Event Organized By Alabama Dirty Tricksters

New York Times reporter Scott Shane spoke at an event organized by the group who ran a disinformation op aimed at helping defeat Roy Moore in Alabama. 

</snip>

But left unmentioned in the Times story was that one of its authors learned about the Alabama campaign when he spoke at an off-the-record meeting organized by the same group who ran the operation. A copy of a confidential report about the Alabama effort, obtained by BuzzFeed News, raises new questions about whether the project was — as the Times said — an “experiment,” or whether it was a straightforward Democratic attempt to replicate the model of the Russian Internet Research Agency.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, westside said:

Can someone explain to me the grounds on which they plan on impeaching Trump?

As far as I know, he hasn't broken any laws.

They have none, but since his impeachment is politically motivated, the Dems think they have a winner here.  The Senate is not convicting (I wonder if they'd even vote on it?) so this truly is a political stunt (and a real mockery of the House's power and the severity of the impeachment process).  SMH

Apparently, they did not learn from the Republican disaster of impeaching Clinton. 

Impeachment process

The House has initiated impeachment proceedings more than 60 times but less than a third have led to full impeachments. Just eight—all federal judges—have been convicted and removed from office by the Senate. Outside of the 15 federal judges impeached by the House, two Presidents (Andrew Johnson in 1868 and William Jefferson (Bill) Clinton in 1998), a cabinet secretary (William Belknap in 1876), and a U.S. Senator (William Blount of North Carolina in 1797) have also been impeached.

“The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
—    U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, westside said:

Can someone explain to me the grounds on which they plan on impeaching Trump?

As far as I know, he hasn't broken any laws.

They'll do it on the grounds that their mindless base wants them to.That's all.

And they want them to do it because they literally -- and by literally, I mean LITERALLY -- have no plan, no message, no ANYTHING beyond a misguided belief that the only reason Hillary lost is because America wasn't smart enough to elect her.

• Thank you (+1) 1