Midterm Election Gameday Thread

Sean Smith @SMSDispHERO 3h3 hours ago

More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
Replying to @Mediaite

Brenda Snipes: Time to dig up the time capsule. Staffer: Why? Snipes: We stored extra Democrat votes there a hundred years ago. Staffer: How do you know? Snipes: I was there. Staffer: Won't the voters all be dead? Snipes: If you don't understand how we work by now, get out.

0 replies 3 retweets 29 likes
Retweet
Retweeted

Liked

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And there we go.  The dumbest thing I'll see all day.

You should have waited to say that. Gleeful Gator just said,"Hmmn, so that means I still have a chance"? He then asked Chicken Poo to hold his beer and is presently typing something really stupid.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You should have waited to say that. Gleeful Gator just said,"Hmmn, so that means I still have a chance"? He then asked Chicken Poo to hold his beer and is presently typing something really stupid.

Nice try, but you're still only good for second place.  Try again tomorrow.

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think that's strange enough that the GOP should find a way to poll Maricopa County voters re their vote. I know they're not going to change it but it could trigger an investigation.

Not really that strange as a split ticket isn't unusual in midterms.  This one generally shifted to people voting more for a Democrat at a national level and a Senator at a state level.

Arizona wasn't even the biggest difference percentage wise between the five states that elected a GOP Governor and a Democratic Senator. 

Massachusetts - GOP Governor (66.9%), GOP Senator (36.3%) -  30.6% difference

Vermont - GOP Governor (55.4%), GOP Senator (27.4%) -              28% difference

New Hampshire - GOP Governor (52.8%), GOP Senator (31.1%) - 21.7% difference

Arizona - GOP Governor (56.4%), GOP Senator (48%) -                  8.4% difference

Ohio - GOP Governor (50.7%), GOP Senator (46.8%) -                    3.9% difference

Incumbency matters as all these GOP governors were popular in their states above as 2014 was a red wave election.

Candidate quality also matter. 

ex.) Although they didn't lose....Cruz received 414,378 less votes than Abbott in Texas and Coumo received 372,085 less votes than Gillibrand in New York.

Flake pry would've won reelection if he kept his mouth shut about Trump and ran again.

Edited by Doc Brown

27 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not really that strange as a split ticket isn't unusual in midterms.  This one generally shifted to people voting more for a Democrat at a national level and a Senator at a state level.

Arizona wasn't even the biggest difference percentage wise between the five states that elected a GOP Governor and a Democratic Senator. 

Vermont - GOP Governor (55.4%), GOP Senator (27.4%) -              28% difference

Arizona - GOP Governor (56.4%), GOP Senator (48%) -                  8.4% difference

Ohio - GOP Governor (50.7%), GOP Senator (46.8%) -                    3.9% difference

Incumbency matters as all these GOP governors were popular in their states above as 2014 was a red wave election.

ex.) Although they didn't lose....Cruz received 414,378 less votes than Abbott in Texas and Coumo received 372,085 less votes than Gillibrand in New York.

Flake pry would've won reelection if he kept his mouth shut about Trump and ran again.

Great facts there. With 46% of voters independent, it shouldn’t be so shocking when a styled moderate splits a ticket. FL has a lot of split tickets too. 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Great facts there. With 46% of voters independent, it shouldn’t be so shocking when a styled moderate splits a ticket. FL has a lot of split tickets too. 

I don't trust Florida election results given its dubious history.  How Brenda Snipes wasn't fired before this election is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't trust Florida election results given its dubious history.  How Brenda Snipes wasn't fired before this election is beyond me.

Broward County is a ***** disaster. I trust the current result and how FL can’t get it’s ***** together is beyond me. 

That Snipes’s name is in the media and known to us is something to be ashamed of as voters. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Broward County is a ***** disaster. I trust the current result and how FL can’t get it’s ***** together is beyond me. 

That Snipes’s name is in the media and known to us is something to be ashamed of as voters. 

Florida is no better than a third world country.

Before the election, Colorado Republicans controlled the state Senate, occupied three of the state’s five statewide offices and held five of the state’s nine seats in Congress.

Then nearly 900,000 unaffiliated voters cast their ballots and handed decisive victories to Democrats.

“The barn has been completely cleaned out,” said David Flaherty, a Colorado Republican pollster. “We’re trying to learn what motivated them. But you’re kidding yourself if you say President Trump didn’t have something to do with it.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/11/colorado-republicans-cory-gardner-donald-trump/

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Florida is no better than a third world country.

GOP trying to stop military absentee ballots from being counted. Happy Veterans Day! 

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I wouldn't be strange at all if it was:

moderate/conservative
moderate/liberal

However, this is:

extreme liberal/conservative

It does not align in any political sphere. 

However, McSally was a terrible candidate. Simply terrible. So, there is that.