Did today's game take us one step closer to having a winning culture?

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Oh well that makes it all better.  They only hired RR and a coach everyone wants fired after a year and a half.  Yet everyone thinks the next guy they hire will be better...ok

I'm not a Dr.  But I did stay at a Motel 6 last night.

I'm just giving you a hard time for your post about being called ignorant in the other thread. Lol. I generally agree with you as far as the pegulas go.

All poo poo jerk jokes aside, YES! We are one game closer. I just don’t know how close the finish line is. I hope it’s a sprint and not a marathon. 

Edited by Augie

5 hours ago, Success said:

As an old timer, I can offer the benefit of experience in this.

We did not have a winning culture in the 80s.  It may be hard to believe, but things felt worse than they do now.

Then, we went to 4 straight Superbowls.

Take from that what you will.

Hide a HoF QB to develop in the USFL, stockpile other HoF picks waiting for him

For almost a decade be basically the only team in the AFC that could have a winning record if it were in the NFC and feast on a pitiful conference

simple to repeat....

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Did today's game take us one step closer to having a winning culture?

As a die-hard Bills fan, I have been taught that culture is more important than strategy, and that what we are building is a winning culture.  Now, I can clearly see we are not using any strategy on offense, defense or special teams, so there must be a hell of lot of culture building going on.  Someone help me out but teaching the culture building steps that happened today that my lying eyes just can't see. 

It's not clear whether we'll ever be a great team. It might happen and it might not. Depends mostly on how good their roster becomes. But this is how it works in a rebuild. You suck and then you suck some more. And then you continue sucking. It's painful. And out of that, the teams that have managed to get a franchise QB and handle the rest of their roster well hit a tipping point.

Two years before they won the Super Bowl, Bill Walsh's 49ers won two games and lost 14. Did it look like they were building a winning culture? No. People were calling for Walsh's head. But were they in fact building a winning culture? Um, yeah. It didn't look like it at the time, but yes they absolutely were.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

Rational? Of course it’s rational. It’s irrational  to think this fo has potential. 

Marrone is a good coach.  Rex was decent, definitely was fired a year too early. 

This regime, it doesn’t get any more obvious. We need to make a change. If they fired Rex after year 2, these guys need to be let go ASAP. They are MUCH worse in all aspects. 

Yeah there are several coaches I’d bring in. Show me this years list of candidates and I’ll give you the top 3. Typically, an agency suggests coaching candidates. 

Apples and oranges.

Rex told the Pegulas he could reload immediately. They wouldn't need time. He could make the defense great right away. They were just a few pieces away. Remember this one? "Is this thing on? Because it's getting ready to be on!"  Or remember this one from Rex in his introductory press conference?

"You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. Fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense."

These new guys approached it completely differently. They didn't try to snow the Pegulas with moonbeams and fairy dust. They told them correctly that the cap was in crappy shape and that the roster wasn't any better than mediocre and that you need a QB to win in the NFL and you aren't going to get one by reloading. They told them it would take a while.

That's the difference.

What's irrational is thinking there's enough info on this FO to give them anything remotely like a final grade. Doing so is a knee-jerk reaction.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

It would be awesome if there could be a single thread where ever one who wants to pretend the Bills are on the right path, can play in together.  

I have said this for a long time. I remember when SDS changed to the newer BB software. He mentioned sub boards. I always wished there could be 3 sub boards. One that was Kool-Aid Drinkers & Rose Colored Glasses, One that was Critics & Doubters and one that was for fans of the game of football where people could discuss football facts, offer solutions, ideas and civil opinions without any bias and where personal attacks on other posters was verboten.  You could go to either of the extremes to commiserate and vent  with your kindred spirits, or reinforce  and recharge your positivity . Or go to the 3rd board and learn legitimate facts, discuss concepts and ideas and explore about football, the Bills, the NFL without personal attacks.

Edited by simpleman
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, simpleman said:

I have said this for a long time. I remember when SDS changed to the newer BB software. He mentioned sub boards. I always wished there could be 3 sub boards. One that was Kool-Aid Drinkers & Rose Colored Glasses, One that was Critics & Doubters and one that was for fans of the game of football where people could discuss football facts, offer solutions, ideas and civil opinions without and bias and where personal attacks on other posters was verboten.  You could go to either of the extremes to commiserate and vent  with your kindred spirits, or reinforce  and recharge your positivity . Or go to the 3rd board and learn legitimate facts, discuss concepts and ideas and explore about football, the Bills, the NFL without personal attacks.

That's great in theory, and I mean that genuinely. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I just think the bias of the haters and homers will undoubtedly spill over into the other sub forum. 

10 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

But then who do we have to replace him with? Frazier, another defensive minded coach? We can't just go firing people without some semblance of a plan in place. 

Who cares. We're 2-7 and well on our way to 12 or more losses. 

Bring in a forward thinking offensive coach to run the show in the offseason.