Jags Trade Dante Fowler to the Rams

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

That's what happens when you build a team through free agency. That window becomes very tiny and you cannot have any sustained success. Bortles isn't helping, either.

It's schadenfreude for Bills fans still angry at Marrone. That team was 4 points away from a Superbowl and now they are in a complete nosedive with no parachute available.

Shall I run down othe teams that tried to build thru Defense. And window closed. Denver, Seattle, Ravens 

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

They all won Superbowls.

How long ago? And the exception not the norm except for the Jags. 

How is this Bills top end defense doing. The window open??

Edited by MAJBobby

41 minutes ago, QCity said:

The Jag's are in serious cap trouble next year, there's no way they could have re-signed him.  Barry Church and Mr. Big Puff will be gone as well, and they are still going to have major financial issues.

Ah----the rise & fall of the Jacksonville Jaguars----

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Rams have this year and maybe next year.  Then they'll have to dump a bunch of guys.  We'll see if it works.

35M in space next year with 39 under contract 

80M in space with 26 under contract more than enough room to get Goff done and keep their core 

yeah they are not bad at all anytime soon against Cap 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

35M in space next year with 39 under contract 

80M in space with 26 under contract more than enough room to get Goff done and keep their core 

yeah they are not bad at all anytime soon against Cap 

When Goff has to get paid and they have Donald's big deal and such we'll see.

They have gone all in.  Good for them.  We'll see how it works.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

When Goff has to get paid and they have Donald's big deal and such we'll see.

They have gone all in.  Good for them.  We'll see how it works.

Just laid it out. Goff will get paid in 2020 and they have 80M right now and that isnt factoring in the yearly cap increases. 

They are fine and actually set up to be good for a very long time 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thats what happens when you try and win thru defense. $$$ catches up and that window SLAMS closed. 

It's also what tanking does for you.

The last tank team to rise and sustain were the Colts that selected Peyton Manning.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Just laid it out. Goff will get paid in 2020 and they have 80M right now and that isnt factoring in the yearly cap increases. 

They are fine and actually set up to be good for a very long time 

As I said, we'll see.  Let's see when guys like Woods and  Krupp and Talib and Peters and Su  start demanding big bucks when their deals come up

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Well why not.   They are set up so they can be competitive for years, young QB, young RB, Aaron Donald... Great young WRs. 

might as well throw it all in this year and go for it.    

I want THAT GM!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As I said, we'll see.  Let's see when guys like Woods and  Krupp and Talib and Peters and Su  start demanding big bucks when their deals come up

Pieces move in. Pices move out. 

The reality is more and more teams should start trading for some hired guns using their mid round picks. 

And then players will take discounts to play there ala NE. See how that works. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It's called a Championship Window.  The Bills should be so blessed and I just bet you would be singing a 180 degree tune. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's called a Championship Window.  The Bills should be so blessed and I just bet you would be singing a 180 degree tune. 

And then top end players sign there at discounts. And then when their players leave they rack the compensatory picks up. 

Just like what happens with all good teams