Jags Trade Dante Fowler to the Rams

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's called a Championship Window.  The Bills should be so blessed and I just bet you would be singing a 180 degree tune. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And then top end players sign there at discounts. And then when their players leave they rack the compensatory picks up. 

Just like what happens with all good teams 

I know you think you're Nostradamus, but let me say it more clearly:

We'll see.  

And of course I would love to see the Bills in that position.  I'm not saying the Rams are wrong.  They're loading up to take their shot.  Good for them.  But their window may be narrow.  They are building by signing FAs and trading away draft picks.  At some point that will fail when you don't have the picks to build with.  But they may win a title or two in the interim.  

My guess is they'll get to the playoffs, but get taken down before the big game.

Edited by oldmanfan

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I know you think you're Nostradamus, but let me say it more clearly:

We'll see.

Yeah the typical answer and discussion ends. The art of conversation lost or debate state your decision. Critically think. Defende position 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah the typical answer and discussion ends. The art of conversation lost or debate state your decision. Critically think. Defende position 

I have stated my position several times now.  You have as well.  Would you like to do it again?

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

As I said, we'll see.  Let's see when guys like Woods and  Krupp and Talib and Peters and Su  start demanding big bucks when their deals come up

Who cares.. most of those guys won't be back. They're leveraging having Gurley and Goff on the cheap with contracts that will keep them flexible year to year to resign these guys come time when they have to tie up cap on a potentially elite duo in their prime.

Also showing that talent is pretty damn important over having questionable character.. these guys tend to play their best when simultaneously winning and playing on a payday contract, they're all on the same page being rental mercenaries and want to win a Superbowl that much more.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

As I said, we'll see.  Let's see when guys like Woods and  Krupp and Talib and Peters and Su  start demanding big bucks when their deals come up

They'll keep some and let others go....draft some replacements...it's what good teams do...

10 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Who cares.. most of those guys won't be back. They're leveraging having Gurley and Goff on the cheap with contracts that will keep them flexible year to year to resign these guys come time when they have to tie up cap on a potentially elite duo in their prime.

Gurley just signed a big contract. The Rams will be fine.....teams know how to work the salary cap...keep the good young players...let the older ones go and draft well....

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

They'll keep some and let others go....draft some replacements...it's what good teams do...

Gurley just signed a big contract. The Rams will be fine.....teams know how to work the salary keep...keep the good young players...let the older ones go and draft well....

Yep. Played it perfectly from coaching staff to personnel.

They have lost a ton of draft picks but I don't find that a huge concern. Drafting well with limited picks is infinitely better than hoarding picks and drafting like ****

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yep. Played it perfectly from coaching staff to personnel.

They have lost a ton of draft picks but I don't find that a huge concern. Drafting well with limited picks is infinitely better than hoarding picks and drafting like ****

Right.  Sure.

Talib, Peters and Suh will probably and most likely not be re-signed.....they will draft their replacements and sign others....I think the Rams will be ok

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Talib, Peters and Suh will probably and most likely not be re-signed.....they will draft their replacements and sign others....I think the Rams will be ok

Good for them that they're going all in, and if it works great.  I just think historically it's hard to have a consistent winning team if you trade away a lot of your picks and rely on cap games and one time FAs.  But we'll see.

16 hours ago, QCity said:

It's schadenfreude for Bills fans still angry at Marrone. That team was 4 points away from a Superbowl and now they are in a complete nosedive with no parachute available.

So much for Tom Coughlin the genius "football czar" eh?

Let's hear from all the people who wanted THAT.

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Good for them that they're going all in, and if it works great.  I just think historically it's hard to have a consistent winning team if you trade away a lot of your picks and rely on cap games and one time FAs.  But we'll see.

Probably true but they are trying to win a Superbowl and that's most important to me at least

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

Probably true but they are trying to win a Superbowl and that's most important to me at least

Absolutely.  If I were them I'd be doing the same thing.  But in a few years say they can't replenish their roster and start to fade, I am sure their fans will start calling for McVay's head.