Streaming the game via ESPN

peterpan

So, how in the world do you watch ESPN online or through the WatchESPN App??

I have a Spectrum Acct.  I go to EPSN.com and click Spectrum as my provider....then it tells me my account doesnt allow for this viewing.  How would they know?  I havent even signed into my account yet?  Same thing happens with the App.  According to Spectrum, my account does allow for ESPN viewing online.....

Is there a back-door way to sign into my Spectrum acct throuhg the ESPN website?

22 minutes ago, peterpan said:

So, how in the world do you watch ESPN online or through the WatchESPN App??

I have a Spectrum Acct.  I go to EPSN.com and click Spectrum as my provider....then it tells me my account doesnt allow for this viewing.  How would they know?  I havent even signed into my account yet?  Same thing happens with the App.  According to Spectrum, my account does allow for ESPN viewing online.....

Is there a back-door way to sign into my Spectrum acct throuhg the ESPN website?

Do you have a cable package which includes ESPN?

I am not on my home wifi....would that be the problem?  That seems reeally stupid and pointless, If I have to be on my home wifi network to watch TV online, when I could just watch it on TV.

neither the website or the app even ask for my login credentials.  It jumps straight to this message....."Access to this program is not included in your Spectrum TV subscription. To learn more about adding this program, visit https://www.spectrum.net or call (855) 757-7328."

17 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I am not on my home wifi....would that be the problem?  That seems reeally stupid and pointless, If I have to be on my home wifi network to watch TV online, when I could just watch it on TV.

neither the website or the app even ask for my login credentials.  It jumps straight to this message....."Access to this program is not included in your Spectrum TV subscription. To learn more about adding this program, visit https://www.spectrum.net or call (855) 757-7328."

Why not call hat #?

on the phone with them now.  and chatting with espn

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This is the portion of the ESPN website where you can watch streaming content on ESPN.  

They used to call it "ESPN3" but I think they don't anymore.

You can watch live streaming if any is going on at the moment, or past content in the "Schedule & Replays" section.

http://www.espn.com/watch/

Yes, thats the website which isnt working

Yes you have to be on your home WiFi.  Otherwise what’s to stop people from getting a family member or friend’s cable log in and using it?

And yes you could watch it on your own tv or...save money by not having a cable box and stream it on your own WiFi from your pc or own streaming device (firestick, Roku, chromecast, smart tv). 

If you are “borrowing” someone’s login, then I’m sure other members can advice where you can watch the game online without paying for a service yourself.  

Edited by batmanfreek

It used to work without being on home wifi.  Back when it was still time warner.   And I thought that was the whole point....being able to watch games on the road, out of town, at your second home, on vacation, etc.....

Since it doesn't work, how does one watch the game on a pirated site?

Edited by peterpan

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

It used to work without being on home wifi.  Back when it was still time warner.   And I thought that was the whole point....being able to watch games on the road, out of town, at your second home, on vacation, etc.....

I've been able to watch stuff away from home on my spectrum account.  You just can't watch local broadcasts away from home wifi.  Are you in the Buffalo viewing area?

Im South of Rochester.  But its a nation wide Broadcast? So it would be local everywhere.  Problem is im at a house with only wifi, no tv

9 minutes ago, dulles said:

I've been able to watch stuff away from home on my spectrum account.  You just can't watch local broadcasts away from home wifi.  Are you in the Buffalo viewing area?

How did you sign in?  I assume you had to enter your username and password on the ESPN site right?

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

It's tough with college games, which I assume you're talking about.

You'd want to go to a site that starts with R, type in the team names followed by game thread, and look for the one with streams. I'd never do it, but I've heard things.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's tough with college games, which I assume you're talking about.

You'd want to go to a site that starts with R, type in the team names followed by game thread, and look for the one with streams. I'd never do it, but I've heard things.

If the site starts with R what does it end with or rhyme with?

43 minutes ago, peterpan said:

If the site starts with R what does it end with or rhyme with?

Reddit

But I would think that you could watch on the watch ESPN app with your spectrum credentials but wouldn't surprise me if NFL had some kind of restriction on it.

Other option is to sign up for a free week trial of a streaming tv app like DirecTV now or YouTube tv or sling etc then cancel 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

33 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

Have you tried downloading the espn app and doing it that way. That’s how I watch espn. But not with spectrum 

Yes but that didn't work either.

ESPN tech help guy says it's a common problem they only have with spectrum customers.  But it makes no sense at all as to why the ESPN website and App doesn't even ask me to log in....

5 minutes ago, peterpan said:

ESPN tech help guy says it's a common problem they only have with spectrum customers.  But it makes no sense at all as to why the ESPN website and App doesn't even ask me to log in....

Sites can tell what ISP ur connecting with whenever u visit their site. So if ur connecting from home often u wont have to login to view that content, since it already can detect ur a Verizon or Spectrum subscriber. Idk if thats what ur asking about but theres plenty of other ways to view sporting events online without having to pay or go thru hoops to watch it. If you or anyone else needs help in that department. Just shoot me a pm with what u wanna watch & i'll help ya out

18 hours ago, batmanfreek said:

Yes you have to be on your home WiFi.  Otherwise what’s to stop people from getting a family member or friend’s cable log in and using it?

And yes you could watch it on your own tv or...save money by not having a cable box and stream it on your own WiFi from your pc or own streaming device (firestick, Roku, chromecast, smart tv). 

If you are “borrowing” someone’s login, then I’m sure other members can advice where you can watch the game online without paying for a service yourself.  

Not true. I'm watching it now on wifi other than home. 

Try deleting the app and re-downloading. I had to do that a couple times with espn and nfl network 

16 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Sites can tell what ISP ur connecting with whenever u visit their site. So if ur connecting from home often u wont have to login to view that content, since it already can detect ur a Verizon or Spectrum subscriber. Idk if thats what ur asking about but theres plenty of other ways to view sporting events online without having to pay or go thru hoops to watch it. If you or anyone else needs help in that department. Just shoot me a pm with what u wanna watch & i'll help ya out

Just trying to watch the bills on MNF honestly, I sent you a pm.