Jon Ledyard on the young QBs (Mahomes, Watson, Allen, et.al)

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

So if I'm reading this right, Allen--who is surrounded by a defensive HC, an OC who's been awful in every NFL stop, and the worst offensive personnel in the NFL--is somehow in a better situation than Watson?  As in Deshaun Watson?  The guy that's throwing to DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller? The guy with Bill O'Brien calling plays?

He's in a better situation than Mayfield?  Who has Taylor to learn from and guys like Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, and Duke Johnson to throw to?

Whatever.

It’s like Lameyard intentionally sets out to undermine his own credibility. That or he really doesn’t watch the games or care to get bettter acquainted with the subject matter. Hack is too kind a word for him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

This is grading the situation for the QB, not the QB itself

I know, which is what I'm questioning.  How can he say that Allen is in the 3rd best situation when Ledyard himself rates the Bills receivers poorly.  Moreover, Allen doesn't even have an experienced QB coach?  David Culley is a former WR coach who hasn't coached QBs in like 30 years when he was a collegiate assistant at some small college.  It's not like the Bills have a great pass blocking OL or a great running game, both of which are acknowledged to be of significant help to young QBs.

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Imagine watching tonight's game and thinking Buffalo has a better supporting cast than Houston.

We have a slightly less disastrous offensive line. I started the season thinking ours was the worst in the NFL... through 7 weeks I have seen a lot of bad OL play. Houston's is about the worst, then Arizona, then Tampa, then probably us, the Jets are down there too, Cincy and Seattle while slightly improved on last year are both still bad.

It is incomparable on weapons though. Hopkins is right up there with Julio, AJ and AB as the elite receivers in the NFL and Fuller (while I am not as high on him as some - he disappears when Watson isn't his Quarterback) is a decent #2. We don't have a guy I'd call a solid #3 at this point. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We have a slightly less disastrous offensive line. I started the season thinking ours was the worst in the NFL... through 7 weeks I have seen a lot of bad OL play. Houston's is about the worst, then Arizona, then Tampa, then probably us, the Jets are down there too, Cincy and Seattle while slightly improved on last year are both still bad.

It is incomparable on weapons though. Hopkins is right up there with Julio, AJ and AB as the elite receivers in the NFL and Fuller (while I am not as high on him as some - he disappears when Watson isn't his Quarterback) is a decent #2. We don't have a guy I'd call a solid #3 at this point. 

He'll be invisible for the rest of this season with a torn ACL.