OT- Typical Bay Area

Holy crap was THAT a stretch.

283735[/snapback]

I don't think it was that much of a stretch. I think, to be accurate, it should have been that you need to have served at some point in the military in order to discuss the invasion of Iraq. I don't agree with the philosophy (which I think was his main point), but I do not think that it was too much of a stretch.

I have a solution. Just change it to "Thomas Jefferson SUCKS Elementary", that way Thomas Jefferson is still in the title, but everyone will know he was a slave owner and adulterer.

It's kind of ironic to have Bills fans criticizing others for rethinking their allegiance to particular historical figures, given how most of us used to idolize OJ Simpson but now would rather not be associated with him.

Jefferson=Simpson? Not what I'm saying. Just offering an observation on this particular thread.

:lol:

I don't think it was that much of a stretch. I think, to be accurate, it should have been that you need to have served at some point in the military in order to discuss the invasion of Iraq. I don't agree with the philosophy (which I think was his main point), but I do not think that it was too much of a stretch.

283753[/snapback]

Much better. The stretch, to me, was in the lack of qualifying verbiage.

I have a solution. Just change it to "Thomas Jefferson SUCKS Elementary", that way Thomas Jefferson is still in the title, but everyone will know he was a slave owner and adulterer.

283762[/snapback]

No, the school's new title will be hailed in the bay area as a gay rights thing and they'll soon be teaching that Thomas Jefferson Sucks is a good thing. Next, every school near SF will want to be named "Milk/Jefferson Marriage Elementary"

I'm still trying to figure out what 'fighting for the rights of the homeless' means, but I don't think you should have to live on the streets to do it. Whatever it is.

283805[/snapback]

1. You have the right to beg people who've obviously had a shower since the new year.

2. You have the right to sleep in vestibules.

3. You have the right to urinate or deficate where you choose.

4. You have the right to public funding of your ripple/crack/insert favorite vice.

5. You have the right to public health care and clean needles to shoot illicit drugs in your ass, but little Timmy whose Dad and Mom both work don't get the same level of commitment.

Feel free to add your own.

Kind of like all of the supporters of the invasion of Iraq who are eligible should be lining up at the military recruiting stations.  Yet the Guard and Reserve are raising their entry age limit to 39 because of the lack of recruits.  But no hypocracy there.

283730[/snapback]

So by that thinking, only the supporters of increased welfare and unemployment benefits should be the ones paying more taxes to support those programs, rather than trying to force the "rich" to pay more. But no hypocrisy there.

:lol:

1.  You have the right to beg people who've obviously had a shower since the new year.

2.  You have the right to sleep in vestibules.

3.  You have the right to urinate or deficate where you choose.

4.  You have the right to public funding of your ripple/crack/insert favorite vice.

5.  You have the right to public health care and clean needles to shoot illicit drugs in your ass, but little Timmy whose Dad and Mom both work don't share same.

Feel free to add your own.

283812[/snapback]

You have the right to sample Arby's dumpster at 3am. Should another homeless individual claim same dumpster, arbitration will be handled with the fairest form of justice, a knife fight. If no knives are available, use Rock Paper Scissors

You have the right to sample Arby's dumpster at 3am.  Should another homeless individual claim same dumpster, arbitration will be handled with the fairest form of justice, a knife fight.  If no knives are available, use Rock Paper Scissors

283820[/snapback]

And any college student with an eye for business has the right to film and distribute this "entertainment" for profit.

You have the right to sample Arby's dumpster at 3am.  Should another homeless individual claim same dumpster, arbitration will be handled with the fairest form of justice, a knife fight.  If no knives are available, use Rock Paper Scissors

283820[/snapback]

I was going to advocate this, but I don't want to give up my house to the homeless, so I stopped.