CJ Beathard only has 3 more career starts than Josh Allen

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

My fault, I'll go take a lap. 

W-L is too subjective a stat. The Bills' QB recently lost a game that the defense should have won. 

Mark Sanchez & Brock Osweiler have winning records at QB. 

I'm simply looking at production only. 

Win/loss is too subjective a stat, but the crap you are relying on is not?  Do you even hear yourself?  Your arguement is foolishness.  

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Win/loss is too subjective a stat, but the crap you are relying on is not?  Do you even hear yourself?  Your arguement is foolishness.  

You mean Passing yards, TDs, & games started?

I'm judging QB production, not launching a rocket. 

Edited by twoandfourteen

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

You mean Passing yards, TDs, & games started?

I'm judging QB production, not launching a rocket. 

I already explained my logic in a previous post, but in the real world, QB production is ultimately gauged by wins and losses.  He lost last night, as he a,ways does.  His team scored 6 points in the second half.  That's is not good production.  He is a semi- adequate backup at this point.  Yes, I wish he was our backup because I certainly think he is better than Peterman.  Your conclusions in comparing him to Allen are faulty.

39 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I already explained my logic in a previous post, but in the real world, QB production is ultimately gauged by wins and losses.  He lost last night, as he a,ways does.  His team scored 6 points in the second half.  That's is not good production.  He is a semi- adequate backup at this point.  Yes, I wish he was our backup because I certainly think he is better than Peterman.  Your conclusions in comparing him to Allen are faulty.

Then you would obviously view Mark Sanchez & Brock Osweiler as titans at the position because they have winning records. 

I'm looking to gauge basic competence at the position and skill development. Yards & TDs are the basic measures of skill at the QB position. 

For example, if I were looking to figure out how tall a guy was, I'd look at how many feet & inches he stands. 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

The bigger issue with Goodwin was health and dedication to football prior to getting to SF

During his time with the bills he was on kickoff return team, in Frisco none. Might have something to do with his health

22 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Check his career game log:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeatC.00/gamelog/

Only one time has this kid been under 200 yards passing in a game. Looks like a star in the making tonight on MNF.

Meanwhile, Josh Allen is regularly failing to break 100 yards in a game.

Beathard looked competent as a rookie last season with a group of no-name receivers, too. 

Only 3 more career starts. Allen needs to get really good, really quickly. 

Oh snap... what round was he drafted in this year???  Oh wait - wrong draft?  So he isn't a rookie?  Next thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Beathard and Osweiler each played OK this week. And odds are big they will have poor games coming up.  But because of one game their history is ignored and some here complain we don't have either of them.

This is utterly and completely false. 

I encourage all of you to take a good long look at CJ Beathard's career log -- especially his production as a rookie last year. 

In fact, last year I was using CJ Beathard as an example of how limited Tyrod was and how far behind the Bills were as an offense. Here was a 3rd round rookie who was able to produce respectable passing yardage, and yet our 7th year vet couldn't crack 200 half the time.  

I didn't think it could get any worse. But, leave it to the Bills to consistently redefine "rock bottom".

12 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is utterly and completely false. 

I encourage all of you to take a good long look at CJ Beathard's career log -- especially his production as a rookie last year. 

In fact, last year I was using CJ Beathard as an example of how limited Tyrod was and how far behind the Bills were as an offense. Here was a 3rd round rookie who was able to produce respectable passing yardage, and yet our 7th year vet couldn't crack 200 half the time.  

I didn't think it could get any worse. But, leave it to the Bills to consistently redefine "rock bottom".

His career:  58% completion rate, 10TD/11Int, rating around 78.  About what I'd expect of a backup guy.  Some good, some bad.  Seems like a pretty good second guy to have.  And not utterly false, just at odds with your opinion that you apparently confuse with fact.

Allen has played 5 games with a weaker supporting cast.  We'll see how he does.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

His career:  58% completion rate, 10TD/11Int, rating around 78.  About what I'd expect of a backup guy.  Some good, some bad.  Seems like a pretty good second guy to have.  And not utterly false, just at odds with your opinion that you apparently confuse with fact.

Allen has played 5 games with a weaker supporting cast.  We'll see how he does.

I agree -- pretty solid performance for a #2 guy who has only played 11 games with a pretty bad team. 

The problem is that his career is just a shade longer than Allen's and his numbers are far superior. 

What does that say about our guy? 

Do you see my point now?

5 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

During his time with the bills he was on kickoff return team, in Frisco none. Might have something to do with his health

Not really. He was often injured on fairly routine looking tackles while playing WR. He was training for track , and not for survival as an NFL WR. When his Bills contract was winding down , then he got serious about staying in the league.

7 hours ago, FLFan said:

He lost. Again.

Beathard is much better than Allen at this point. I can say that with confidence. SFs defense isn’t as good as the Bills. The Bills with Beathard would have a decent chance of beating the Packers at Lambeau. They were unable to compete with Allen at the helm. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not really. He was often injured on fairly routine looking tackles while playing WR. He was training for track , and not for survival as an NFL WR. When his Bills contract was winding down , then he got serious about staying in the league.

Beathard is much better than Allen at this point. I can say that with confidence. SFs defense isn’t as good as the Bills. The Bills with Beathard would have a decent chance of beating the Packers at Lambeau. They were unable to compete with Allen at the helm. 

Again he had 16 kickoff returns in 2013. 

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tim Tebow.....  whats he doing???

:ph34r:

Better than peterman

7 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

I agree -- pretty solid performance for a #2 guy who has only played 11 games with a pretty bad team. 

The problem is that his career is just a shade longer than Allen's and his numbers are far superior. 

What does that say about our guy? 

Do you see my point now?

No I don't see your point.  Beathard has been around the league a lot more with better players around him.  Allen is just getting started.