McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Well, he would not be wrong.  They are.  He is usually very patient with the idiocy.  I am sure it has been a bad day at OBD.

You think the pegula told him to cut peterman or else and he is in a dark place about it? Lol

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Didn't TB12 hang up on his weekly radio show not once, but twice? I remember once it was about his family and then his health whisperer Alex Guerrero--anyways, fail to see what the big deal is. If the questions asked are lacking in respect, professionalism or football substance, then I have zero issues with this (however, I don't have any idea what was actually asked or how).

HE always said alright thanks guys before banging on em

Edited by Agent 91

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was about an injury settlement for the punter they had in TC who tore his ACL. Not Corey Coleman. 

Gotcha.  Not exactly sure what the deal was with that question honestly.  Like why would he be sorry and why would he give him that look?

That's the reason I thought he was making the face since I thought it was a bout Coleman which would seem like a slap in the face kind of comment/question since he didn't work out.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Here is the link to McCoach getting salty with Sal:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

5) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

McCoach does not like to be questioned and may be feeling that his seat is getting hot . . . or at least warming up . . . .

Looks like the last version of Shawn Michaels

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

the modern NFL is all about offense and having a great QB who can distribute the ball to playmakers...

this "great defense" will get lit up for 30+ vs NE on MNF, so what's the point?

Build a great offense that scores 30 a game, field a defense that can make the other team punt a few times and maybe get a turnover and you're going to win 11+ games.

Build a great defense and field an offense that can barely string together 2 first downs and you're going to win 5 games

There's name for what you are describing - the process.  Spring 2019 brings the young offense.  Prove me wrong. . .

16 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Let's talk about the offensive guys they have brought in since McDermott was hired. We all know McD was pulling the strings in Whaley's last draft. No one was picked in 2016 without his blessing.

He was with the Panthers in '16 and the organization went public when they announced the '17 draft was a product of Whaley and his scouting staff.Just a FYI...scouting starts in the spring and lots and lots of travel and film are involved.

15 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Which "organization" are you referring to?  The Bills or WGR-550?  Are you suggesting that McD called WGR and told them to get Schopp off the air?

I listend to the remainder of Hour 3 and indeed, Schopp never came back on air.

The kid who posts recorded content on the website seems to have screwed up Hour 4, as he often does.  The audio file won't load up properly, so I can't listen to it.

Did you happen to listen to Hour 4 live?  I am dying to know if Schopp came back, on-air, in the 4th hour at all.

I hope they address all this in their show tomorrow, but I fear they may not.

Schopp came back at beginning of hour 4 but made no mention of what happened (Bulldog either)

I don’t think McDermott would call back... some underlying would. But I’m not saying I think this happened, just speculation as to a possible explanation. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just listened and all heard was a guy who sounded like he just lost a heartbreaker of a game and his starting QB to injury, and was being forced to talk to a know-nothing prick of a talk show host. 

The clip I heard cut off right after they said thanks, so didn’t hear him hang up, but thought he was polite albeit sounded like he needed a beer and a nap. 

I posted the link to hour 3.  You can listen to the whole thing if you want.

Your take isn't really accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WRONG JOSH said:

"Hi Schopp and Bulldog, this is Sean from Orchard Park. Long time listener first time caller. I think we should start Peterman on Sunday. I'll hang up and listen."

Did you hear 9 year old Ted call the post game show with Nate and start laughing at his brother for what seemed like an awkward eternity

7 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

Schopp came back at beginning of hour 4 but made no mention of what happened (Bulldog either)

I don’t think McDermott would call back... some underlying would. But I’m not saying I think this happened, just speculation as to a possible explanation. 

Thanks for this.

They have Hour 4 up now and I'm listening.

Schopp was indeed back.  He actually said to Bulldog: "So, where were we?" and Bulldog just laughed.

That was as much as they mentioned about him missing a half hour or so of on-air time.

They won't talk about this again I don't think.  Would love for a caller to ask them, as that would force them to say something, even if just "don't want to comment."

I think Schopp had it out with McDermott during the break, it got into a heated argument, and then Schopp didn't feel it approrpriate to end the conversation to go back to the show, so he continued the phone call and missed on-air time.   I don't know.  I think Schopp would have personal contact info. for McD.

Edited by Fadingpain

Schopp tried to ask him if they were talking to Derek Anderson earlier in the spring, and McDermott gave a vague answer, similar to the one anderson gave last week when asked the same question. He specifically said there was a lot going on at that time that he didn’t want to get into. Schopp asked McD to elaborate and McD just kind of paused and Schopp dismissively said “fine I guess you just don’t want to say. Fine.”

im shocked that the head coach doesn’t want to broadcast the inner workings of their FA dealings on the piece of crap schopp and Bulldog radio show.  And schopp acted offended :lol:

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I posted the link to hour 3.  You can listen to the whole thing if you want.

Your take isn't really accurate.

Well I heard the whole interview ... 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schopp tried to ask him if they were talking to Derek Anderson earlier in the spring, and McDermott gave a vague answer, similar to the one anderson gave last week when asked the same question. He specifically said there was a lot going on at that time that he didn’t want to get into. Schopp asked McD to elaborate and McD just kind of paused and Schopp dismissively said “fine I guess you just don’t want to say. Fine.”

im shocked that the head coach doesn’t want to broadcast the inner workings of their FA dealings on the piece of crap schopp and Bulldog radio show.  And schopp acted offended :lol:

Well I heard the whole interview ... 

If you didn't hear the very end, you missed almost everything that is important.

PS: Schopp didn't act offended at that point of the interview as you suggest; he specifically said "Well maybe you don't want to address that" and he then politely moved on to the next issue.

I guess you've decide Schopp is an idiot and does everything wrong, so you are going to see things only one way, as opposed to how they might actually be.

That's nothing new around here!

Edited by Fadingpain

Just a theory based on my daze working in radio... Because they take live calls, WGR likely broadcasts Scope and Bullfrog on a seven-second delay, which is standard in radio. In case anyone curses or whatever, they can hit the “dump” button to lose the seven seconds of naughty audio. 

Maybe something was said either by McDermott or Shoop that was inappropriate and so they had to dump out of the delay. When you do that, it often sounds like silence and awkwardness on the broadcast while everyone silently freaks out in the studio. 

I wasnt listening, but given the strange disappearance of Schoop after the break, it seems like SOMEthing went down. 

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Just a theory based on my daze working in radio... Because they take live calls, WGR likely broadcasts Scope and Bullfrog on a seven-second delay, which is standard in radio. In case anyone curses or whatever, they can hit the “dump” button to lose the seven seconds of naughty audio. 

Maybe something was said either by McDermott or Shoop that was inappropriate and so they had to dump out of the delay. When you do that, it often sounds like silence and awkwardness on the broadcast while everyone silently freaks out in the studio. 

I wasnt listening, but given the strange disappearance of Schoop after the break, it seems like SOMEthing went down. 

No, I don't think that is what it was at all.

I know just what you are talking about.  McD just hung up without saying "bye" or anything else once Schopp effectively made it clear the interview was over by saying "All right Sean, thanks."

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I didn't hear the interview so I can't say whether or not they were valid questions.  I'm sure Schoop probably phrased a few of them in a way to get under McD's skin since he likes to do that.

Their demeanor is completely different when they have Bills or Sabres people on.   If anything, the questions were softball versions of the pitchfork mob.   They had to ask what's going on with the offense and the QBs, since anyone with an IQ over 30 knows are the team's biggest problems. 

McDermott was very short with his answers, because I'm guessing he has an IQ over 30.

• Like (+1) 1