Washington Bullets versus Buffalo Braves

TSNBDSC

No doubt the "Braves" name would have offended somebody a long time ago, see Cleveland Indians & Washington Redskins.  The Bullets used to be the Baltimore Bullets but they moved to Maryland when Abe Pollan bought the team and moved them to the then new Capital center, where they played.  Considering modern day Baltimore, maybe the name was prophetic? 

I've never been a basketball fan but I remember hearing about the name from Bullets to Wizards.  Even as a kid, I thought that was a panzy move.

But that's just me.  I grew up in the part of Pennsylvania that a former President said clings to guns and religion.  That and I scored low on the empathy test

The Braves had decent support. I used to go to games for $4 and a coupon on the milk cartons. Some nights were UB student discounts. The Knox brothers (Sabres) controlled the AUD calendar and froze the Braves out of Friday and Saturday nights. Then John Y Brown pulled his voodoo.

Before the 3 point line; MacAdoo, Randy Smith, Gar Heard, Ernie "no" D, Jim McMillian etc, etc, etc.

I know I'm an old fart but have tried to explain to the Curry/LeBron generation that back in the day you could score 130+ points and lose a game. ?

On 10/13/2018 at 10:30 PM, Augie said:

Wow, I wasn’t at that game but we split season tix with someone else in those days. LOVED the Braves games then. Would have to consider if I’d attend a free NBA regular season game now. 

you were what..30 or so back then?