October Movies: First Man, A Star Is Born, Venom, Bad Times At The El Royale & Halloween

Mark Vader

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:40 PM, The Jerk said:

Watched A Star Is Born earlier. I thought it was long, pointless, and depressing. 

Wow.  Totally disagree. Thought it was outstanding.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I saw Halloween at the transit drive in Friday. It was a great atmosphere, the lot was full. It was fun if you enjoy dumb slasher movies like I do. 

Except for a few scenes it wasn’t as violent as you’d expect, although the original wasn’t especially violent either.

On that note it’s pretty much an homage to the original. There are several scenes that they take directly from the original but replace Curtis with Michael. 

The soundtrack was great, good use of the theme with a few changes.

As a horror/cheesy movie geek I recommend it.

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

First Man was great. Beautiful movie.

I saw it this weekend.  It didn't really do much for me.  It felt like it moved across the full time line of the story in a completely random fashion.  One thing I did like though was how every space scene was so claustrophobia inducing.

edit:  Also, you really didn't want to be any of the likeable astronauts in that movie.

Edited by shrader

38 minutes ago, shrader said:

I saw it this weekend.  It didn't really do much for me.  It felt like it moved across the full time line of the story in a completely random fashion.  One thing I did like though was how every space scene was so claustrophobia inducing.

edit:  Also, you really didn't want to be any of the likeable astronauts in that movie.

Yeah, like when Neil and David get in the spacecraft to dock with the Agena. That was particularly discomforting for me. 

They portrayed Buzz Aldrin as a total dick.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, like when Neil and David get in the spacecraft to dock with the Agena. That was particularly discomforting for me. 

They portrayed Buzz Aldrin as a total dick.

During the movie I was thinking "I can see how he became a senator", but then I realized I was mixing him up with John Glenn.