Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

On 7/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Boeheims Army is looking to capture it's first ever The Basketball Tournament title and take home it's 2,000,000 prize

The roster is LOADED this year with sharp shooters Andrew White , John Gillon and Silent G

Eric D and former NBA baller Jordan Crawford

Arinze Onawaku , Hakim Warrick!

Loaded

I caught the 4th quarter of the game last night and couldn't believe Warrick still plays. He's 37. Still looks in his 20s though 

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I caught the 4th quarter of the game last night and couldn't believe Warrick still plays. He's 37. Still looks in his 20s though 

He was a beast today!

He is ageless!

His low post game is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of what we've had recently

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

BJ Johnson has been very, very good.  Gillon has been very good also, and always seems to provide a spark off the bench.  What’s up with B Triche?  Injured?  He’s gotta he much better than that Crawford clown.

Yes he's hurt. He said if they moved outta Syracuse region he could probably play

FYI he is probably SUs best pro playing overseas rn

My boy Triche was the Italian league MVP and top scorer

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes he's hurt. He said if they moved outta Syracuse region he could probably play

FYI he is probably SUs best pro playing overseas rn

My boy Triche was the Italian league MVP and top scorer

That’s what I’m saying.  They will need Triche if they move on to Chicago.  Not only for his offense, but he’s an exceptional defender.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That’s what I’m saying.  They will need Triche if they move on to Chicago.  Not only for his offense, but he’s an exceptional defender.

He is terrific and a pretty stocky guard.

Hopefully he gets his injury under control because I agree they need him

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

AO going down before the tourney is still one of the most painful basketball experiences if my life

Oh man.  That was a year we could have won it all.  Blake Griffin tooled on us...

1 minute ago, inkman said:

God I still dislike Devendorf. He's just the opposite of charasmatic. 

Has there been a more unlikeable SU star? 

Totally 100% disagree.  Love his intensity.  He’s also very likeable if you follow closely what he does in the community.  I’ve hung around him a couple times at Cuse functions.  Great, great dude.

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

God I still dislike Devendorf. He's just the opposite of charasmatic. 

Has there been a more unlikeable SU star? 

I love him so I will say yes there have been worse

He is the guy EVERY TEAM HATES because he is Scrappy on and off the court and The guy EVERY COACH WANTS because he's a real basketball players

Oh man.  That was a year we could have won it all.  Blake Griffin tooled on us...

Totally 100% disagree.  Love his intensity.  He’s also very likeable if you follow closely what he does in the community.  I’ve hung around him a couple times at Cuse functions.  Great, great dude.

Yeah I'm only basing it off of his on court personality. Dude just doesn't stop yapping. 

I love him so I will say yes there have been worse

He is the guy EVERY TEAM HATES because he is Scrappy on and off the court and The guy EVERY COACH WANTS because he's a real basketball players

Buddy Boeheim and Marek Dolezaj are "Scrappy" too, I don't get the same vibe watching them.  To each their own I guess.

Yea we were the favorites and #1 for a good amount of the season

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I'm only basing it off of his on court personality. Dude just doesn't stop yapping. 

Buddy Boeheim and Marek Dolezaj are "Scrappy" too, I don't get the same vibe watching them.  To each their own I guess.

I like buddy but he is nowhere near the talent or scrappiness of Devendorf

He got into players and coaches heads like I've never seen before

He was more hated than Grayson Allen in his SR season

Yea we were the favorites and #1 for a good amount of the season

I like buddy but he is nowhere near the talent or scrappiness of Devendorf

He got into players and coaches heads like I've never seen before

He was more hated than Grayson Allen in his SR season

I certainly wasn't making the comparison of talent, nor does one word in my post reflect that. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

I certainly wasn't making the comparison of talent, nor does one word in my post reflect that. 

I get that. My point was more about how Devendorfs scrappiness and intensity on the court coupled with his talent created something that has never been back at SU since

He got into coaches and players heads like no other because his intensity and scrappiness

I get that. My point was more about how Devendorfs scrappiness and intensity on the court coupled with his talent created something that has never been back at SU since

He got into coaches and players heads like no other because his intensity and scrappiness

He surely isn’t a dooosh waffle like Grayson Allen.  His personality certainly comes across as garish and abrasive.  I love his competitive spirit though.  Never been a “cheap shot artist” or poor sport ever.  Always an incredible teammate by all accounts.  I also think he has a bright future as a coach/recruiter.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He surely isn’t a dooosh waffle like Grayson Allen.  His personality certainly comes across as garish and abrasive.  I love his competitive spirit though.  Never been a “cheap shot artist” or poor sport ever.  Always an incredible teammate by all accounts.  I also think he has a bright future as a coach/recruiter.

It's ALL fire

Grayson is a douche...

Devendorf as you said has an unmatchable competitive spirit. A fire that burns uncontrollably and he played with his passion on his sleeve

Love that dude. Grade A teammate

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I get ya, brotha.

Most unlikeable player in modern Cuse history?  Frank Howard ?

Hahaha you have never liked Frank..  I know I know lots of stories

But if he was a shlub he wouldn't be hated..  he's frustrating because he did display some really good basketball

With some of those annoying traits on and off field..  SU is all about family..  even the transfers are family...

Frank's SU family for life

I spoke with Lawrence Moten briefly at TBT this weekend, and knowing he was at the Melo Center a few days this week (TBT players and current players worked out together) I asked him which incoming freshman he was most impressed with.

Without hesitation he said JG3.  Said he is the best shooter he’s seen in orange since Shumpert or GMac.  Also said that Joe’s “gonna be a star” and he would be surprised if JG3 didn’t start at one of the guard positions almost right away.  Finished the conversation (before he was swept away by selfie seekers) by saying, “wait ‘til you see what he does in Italy.”  “People will be talking.”

Moten is a great guy, BTW.  If you ever see him at a game or on campus, don’t hesitate to walk up to him and say hello.  He’s very down to earth, and actually seems to like talking Cuse hoops with fans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I spoke with Lawrence Moten briefly at TBT this weekend, and knowing he was at the Melo Center a few days this week (TBT players and current players worked out together) I asked him which incoming freshman he was most impressed with.

Without hesitation he said JG3.  Said he is the best shooter he’s seen in orange since Shumpert or GMac.  Also said that Joe’s “gonna be a star” and he would be surprised if JG3 didn’t start at one of the guard positions almost right away.  Finished the conversation (before he was swept away by selfie seekers) by saying, “wait ‘til you see what he does in Italy.”  “People will be talking.”

Moten is a great guy, BTW.  If you ever see him at a game or on campus, don’t hesitate to walk up to him and say hello.  He’s very down to earth, and actually seems to like talking Cuse hoops with fans.

Cool! And it's moten an SU legend! I bet he loves talkin SU hoops with SU fans

You just got me Soo I pumped! I wanted JG3 to come here so bad and I think he will help get us #2 sometime in the next 4

Fingers crossed ?

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Does he still coach? He coached the Rochester Razorsharks to a PBL championship. I was actually at the first game (was at Blue Cross) of the 3 game series. A Razorsharks guy got fouled with like 1 second left down by 1, and got to shoot free throws. He missed the first one, and then the second one too but a player crashed the boards and tipped it in for the victory

On 8/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve also been hearing amazing things about Goodine.  Handle good enough for PG...shot good enough for SG.  This freshman class might be really, really good....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hopefully JC gets it together

Recently I replied to a tweet by a local sports writer essentially saying that I didn’t think Carey had the starting PG job locked down yet (as he was suggesting).  He replied that if anyone was to unseat Carey, it would be Goodine or Washington.  When I mentioned JG3 he acted like I was crazy.

Anyway, the next morning I noticed that Jalen Carey had “liked” my initial reply stating that he was going to have to prove himself as the starting PG.  I thought that was interesting.  They pay attention to our tweets ?

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Recently I replied to a tweet by a local sports writer essentially saying that I didn’t think Carey had the starting PG job locked down yet (as he was suggesting).  He replied that if anyone was to unseat Carey, it would be Goodine or Washington.  When I mentioned JG3 he acted like I was crazy.

Anyway, the next morning I noticed that Jalen Carey had “liked” my initial reply stating that he was going to have to prove himself as the starting PG.  I thought that was interesting.  They pay attention to our tweets ?

You should tell him to lay off Twitter and work on his jumper ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Just saw that Bol Ajak has visa issues and can't make the italy trip....how is that not sorted out by the university months in advance(yeah i know he hasn't been enrolled until recently)

That blows.  Usually the NCAA screws over these interntional players by prolonging/complicating their transcript reviews.  I’m just stoked that Quincy Guerrier is ready to roll.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:53 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting starting lineup:

PG: Jalen Carey

SG: Buddy Boeheim

SF: Elijah Hughes

PF: Quincy Querrier

? Bourama Sidibe

Marek is not playing because he's hurt

So it doenst look too out of place to me.

Goodine logged a good amount of minutes at PG and played well