2018 MLB Playoffs

Mark Vader

It's beautiful, to me, to see the Dodgers getting their ***** kicked.

Now I just want to see Machado take a fastball.  Not to the head/face, of course.  But somewhere that hurts.  A lot.  For a long time.  Preferably during the game in which they're ultimately eliminated so he doesn't have to miss any playing time.

Even though he's effectively ruined Pedroia's (and I can't stand that little punk, either) career - I'd still never wish injury upon anyone.

But some pain from a 100+ MPH heater?  Hell, yeah.  Bring it, baby.  Knock that smug look off that punk ass' face.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's beautiful, to me, to see the Dodgers getting their ***** kicked.

Now I just want to see Machado take a fastball.  Not to the head/face, of course.  But somewhere that hurts.  A lot.  For a long time.  Preferably during the game in which they're ultimately eliminated so he doesn't have to miss any playing time.

Even though he's effectively ruined Pedroia's (and I can't stand that little punk, either) career - I'd still never wish injury upon anyone.

But some pain from a 100+ MPH heater?  Hell, yeah.  Bring it, baby.  Knock that smug look off that punk ass' face.

How in the world could you hate Dustin Pedroia?

I'm a long time Red Sox fan, but he's one of my favorites. 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Credit where credit's due.  The best rivalry in sports.

No doubt!

This is always one of my favorites:

75daee9c078507f63449885f26bb5f53--boston

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Credit where credit's due.  The best rivalry in sports.

Not limited to Boston, or Baseball.  

NY Ranger fans still chant "Potvin Sucks" on their way out of Citifield after a mid-summer baseball game.

...and I'm LOVING  this series.  The Sox make Roberts & the Dodgers pay every time he makes a pitching change.  I'm not saying the Dodgers are bad by any stretch, but the Sox are better so far.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

The game is still going?

What is the point of this?

It accomplishes nothing in the context of an actual baseball game.

imagine being sentenced to sit there and watch it by a judge, cruel and unusual in the least.

45 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Rich hill has a one hitter and gets pulled, by Roberts, nice move manager

Let me guess, it was time for the '7th inning' pitcher to come in.

I'm happy that the most 'by the book' manager is going to lose this series and I'm glad he's going to get a lot of blame for it.  I still can't believe a guy would put his ace starter in to pitch the 9th inning of the NCLS game 7 with a 5-1 lead.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched game 3 on "tape delay" having recorded it on the DVR.

I have Comcast cable which gives me the option of extending live recorded content by up to 2 hours.  So I recorded the full time slot for the game, added a full 2 hours, and then recorded like the next FIVE time slots going into the early morning hours thinking "that'll cover anything weird in terms of extra innings."

Then I start watching, the game starts going nuts with the extra innings, and I simply ran out of recorded content somewhere in the top of the 14th inning.  WTF!?   

Enter last night's game!  I wasn't going to be f'ed over again and recorded content on Fox until like 7:30am Sunday morning!  

And we had yet another long one.  

I suppose the purists will hate this, but how about switching to a 7 inning game?  

Do we really need to  routinely invest 4 hours and more into finding out which is the better team on a given night?  Can't we wrap that up in 2 or 2.5 hours max, please?  I have a life to live.

The longer football games get and with 4 hour baseball games being nothing unusual, I have grown to love my soccer games.

Most are wrapped up very efficiently in 90 minutes of play plus a reasonable halftime.  With no commercials or slow downs during the game.  Well, not that many at least.  The game keeps on moving and it's over in a reasonable amount of time.

I like that.

Red Sox pry had one of the greatest seasons/postseasons in MLB history (120-57).  Certainly the best since the '98 Yanks (125-50).  My theory with their four World Series titles this decade is that Alex Rodriguez slapping the ball out of Arroyo's glove reversed the fortunes of both franchises.

15 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I suppose the purists will hate this, but how about switching to a 7 inning game?  

You're right.  What you're suggesting is downright blasphemy.  The one game play in Wild Card game was the worst change the sport has ever made.  It's a rare occurrence for a game to go on that long, but what I love about baseball (compared to the other three leagues) is you keep working until you get the job done.  There's no clock you're up against.  No special rules.  You play at least nine innings damn it and if it's tied..... you'll play all night if you have to until there's a winner. 

• Like (+1) 3