Hello From A Titans Fan -- Titans Come to Town

Defensive Line All-Stars: A look back at Week 4's standout players

Run Defender of the Week: Jurrell Casey, Titans

No one expected the Tennessee Titans to beat the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Philadelphia Eagles in back-to-back weeks, particularly while Marcus Mariota is less than 100 percent. But that’s exactly what they did on the back of some excellent play from the defense.

Against the Eagles, defensive lineman Jurrell Casey was at the top of his game, finishing with five stops, three hurries, and a quarterback hit. Yet, while he made his presence felt as a pass-rusher, Casey made his biggest impact against the run:

giphy.gif

Here, Casey is aligned with an outside shade over All-Pro center Jason Kelce to the near side of the field. Casey times the snap well so he can initiate contact with Kelce, and his power knocks the center back, giving Casey the necessary space to peek inside. From there, he shows good eye discipline to identify the running back's path and makes a clean tackle behind the line of scrimmage.

It’s not flashy, but Casey's a talented player who does his job and plays a valuable role on the Titans' defense.
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 2:44 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

They put a lot of pressure on Wentz throughout the game.  It seemed to me the Eagles did a poor job identifying where the heat was coming from. 

The new DC has done a good job keeping opposing offenses on their toes, so far. He used a lot of small formations against the Eagles. And was blitzing CBs and ILBs at times. 

23 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

They are located in DUVALLLLLL

If you want a laugh check out Duval Pride, the Jags forum. 

There people there are all kinds of special.

https://www.duvalpride.com/

On 10/1/2018 at 4:00 PM, joesixpack said:

The titans have fans?

WHO KNEW?!?!?

Technically the smallest market in the NFL

Not too many lol

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

This must be the plan in Buffalo, set the bar so low, that scoring any points at all = winning.

I love your avatar

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

You guys have always done well against the Bills.  We only have 2 wins against the Titans since the Music City Miracle. The 2006 and 2012 losses really stand out as heartbreakers from my point of view.  

Id wish you luck but I wanna win!

I was at that 2012 game.

I live much closer to Buffalo than I do Nashville and usually go to see the Titans play in Buffalo. Most of my friends are Bills fans too.  But it is Thanksgiving this weekend, worst weekend for the Titans to come to Buffalo.  I actually follow the Bills pretty closely and have listened to AM 550 off and on for years. Generally I cheer for the Bills if they are not playing the Titans. 

Before you ask -- I actually grew up in Lions' territory. But became a Houston Oilers fans because of, CFL hero,  Warren Moon. Then followed the team when they moved to Tennessee. 

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Blitz Allen early and Often. He is having trouble reading it. Play Man against our WRs. 

Depends what defense you are going to see. I expect the good defense being home but I expect Mariota to gash them with his legs. 

I imagine the Titans will blitz a ton. They used the same strategy against the Houston Cows who also have a poor OL and inexperienced QB. 

You guys have a good secondary which worries me as Mariota is still prone to some bad INTs. 

Mariota is a funny runner. He has poor lateral movement but is very fast. he also reads run opportunities well which is what makes him dangerous. 

In the end, i actually expect a low scoring game. 

NFL Week 5 picks: Jaguars shock undefeated Chiefs, winless Cardinals pull off upset

Tennessee (3-1) at Buffalo (1-3)

1 p.m. ET (CBS)

If Mike Vrabel's goal is to win every game by exactly three points this year, then he's off to an amazing start. The Titans have won three games in a row and they've won each of those games by three points. Basically, if you've seen one Titans game this year, you've seen them all. I've watched enough of the Titans this season to know that you can sleep through the first half because nothing exciting is going to happen until the second half. You can probably also sleep through every first down on Sunday because, LUCKY US, this game will be featuring two of the three worst first-down quarterbacks in the NFL this year. 

Marcus Mariota can barely feel his fingers due to an injury and Josh Allen's aim is so bad, I don't think I've ever seen him hit a receiver in the fingers (or the hands), so I guess those numbers aren't that shocking. One thing you might find shocking though, is my pick. I'm not sure if it's because my liver still hurts from the weekend, which means I can't trust my gut, but I'm going with Buffalo.

Here's the thing, I know the Bills are bad, but the Titans are incapable of blowing anyone out: 12 of their past 14 regular season games have been decided by one score, so I have no reason to think that's going to change this week. This game is going to go down to the wire and somehow Buffalo is going to win and then Bills fans are going to celebrate by illegally slamming themselves through tables that will most likely have been set on fire.

The pick: Bills 16-13 over Titans

1 hour ago, KitchenerKaizer said:

The new DC has done a good job keeping opposing offenses on their toes, so far. He used a lot of small formations against the Eagles. And was blitzing CBs and ILBs at times. 

If you want a laugh check out Duval Pride, the Jags forum. 

There people there are all kinds of special.

https://www.duvalpride.com/

Technically the smallest market in the NFL

Not too many lol

I love your avatar

If there is one thing we can all agree on is scrëw the Jags. And...Wycheck is a marked man in Buffalo.

Let's overreact to Week 4 in the NFL: Is the Bears' offense for real?

CHICAGO -- Hey, if the football fans in the Windy City want to overreact, who's going to tell them to cut it out? It has been quite a while since the Chicago Bearswere fun, and even with the Chicago Cubs back in the playoffs this town is fired up about a 3-1 first-place football team that just put 48 points on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on its way into the bye. Mitchell Trubisky just quadrupled his season touchdown pass total in one delirious afternoon, and if you're not allowed to overreact to that, what's the point of being a fan?

So let's start with the game I got to see in person as part of my Sunday NFL Countdown duties -- a game that was 38-3 at the half and ended 48-10 as Trubisky buried the Bucs' weeklong QB controversy with six touchdown passes of his own against a Tampa Bay team that couldn't do a thing right no matter who was taking the snaps.

The Titans are going to the Super Bowl

For the third week in a row, Tennessee won a miracle game -- this time in overtime against the defending Super Bowl champs. And while Weeks 2 and 3 were mishmash games with their offense not at full strength, this was a 26-point, 397-yard, fourth-down-converting answer to all the Mariota doubters out there.

Graziano's verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION. Hey, the AFC isn't all that great. The Patriots and Steelers have looked wobbly. The Chiefs can't keep up what they're doing. The Jaguars can't beat the Titans. Why not this bunch? They just won two straight games against 2017 playoff teams and they have only two more of those left -- home against both the Patriots in November and Jacksonville in December. The hard part of the 2018 season for the Titans may already be over, and they're 3-1.

Titans (3-1) Take on Bills (1-3) Sunday in Buffalo

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans (3-1) take a three-game winning streak to Buffalo this week to face the Bills (1-3). Kickoff at New Era Field (capacity 71,870) is scheduled for 1 p.m. EDT/noon CDT on Sunday, Oct. 7. 

THE BROADCAST

TITANS HEAD TO BUFFALO AFTER DRAMATIC VICTORY

THE BILLS

Titans vs. Bills All-Time Series

e8fihnl12qdoglqfqr6p.jpg

Monday Night Live with Mike Vrabel (20:40)

Titans head coach Mike Vrabel joins "Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith to break down Sunday's Week 4 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

8 things we learned about the Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills' Week 5 opponent

ac8_gettyimages1043810052.jpeg

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

The Buffalo Bills will host the Tennessee Titans in Week 5 at New Era Field. Buffalo's opponent is currently tied for first place in the AFC South and is coming off a Week 4 win at home over the Philadelphia Eagles. Here are eight things to know about Buffalo's next opponent.

They knocked off the defending Super Bowl champions

The Titans have been winning close games

Tennessee scoring less on the road

Titans run defense struggled in Week 4

Tennessee's rushing attack was held in check

Tre'Davious White will have his hands full

Marcus Mariota had a day

Tennessee gets after the quarterback

I really liked the Titans coming out of this season. The defense and offense are loaded with talent and they massively upgraded their coaching. I projected them to make the playoffs and compete for their division. They honestly should take care of the Bills even if their offense struggles. 

Top 7 Storylines for Bills-Titans this Week

uiel9srcavappwit2rqd.jpg

After a two-game trip through the NFC North, with an impressive win and a dispiriting loss, the Bills are back home and back in the AFC this week, with the Tennessee Titans coming to town. 

Here are some of the top storylines this week as Buffalo gets going on the second quarter of the season:

1. CAN JOSH REBOUND?

2. FINDING THE RUN GAME

3. CAN THE DEFENSE KEEP IT UP?

4. IS THE TOUGHEST PART OF THE SCHEDULE BEHIND THE BILLS?

5. TITANS PRESENT PROBLEMS UP FRONT

6. FOURTH DOWN JUST THE START FOR TITANS OFFENSE

7. HOMECOMING FOR TWO TITANS

Bills' Week 5 Game day Info

SCHEDULE

8:00 a.m. Abbott Road closes
9:00 a.m. Parking lots open
11:30 a.m. Stadium gates open
11:50 a.m. Player warm-ups
12:45 p.m. Stampede performance
12:55 p.m. Team introductions
1:00 p.m. Kickoff

DETAILS

Gate Giveaway: Yowie
Leader of the Charge: Eric Wood
National Anthem: RJ Scouton
Pregame: Hispanic Heritage/Crucial Catch Ceremony
Halftime: NFL Flag Football Scrimmage

Quick Hits from the Titans on Wednesday, Including Brian Orakpo on Team's Mindset

mul1xokgyi0rvw0bvjcj.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Titans have won three straight games, including a win on Sunday against the defending Super Bowl champs.

The following day, Titans coach Mike Vrabel was asked whether the team might be overconfident following a win over the Eagles. Vrabel said he’ll do his part to keep that from happening as his team prepares for the 1-3 Buffalo Bills.

On Wednesday, veteran linebacker Brian Orakpo said the team’s leadership – and losses to Arizona and San Francisco at the end of last season – will keep the team in check.

“When you have a group of veterans like this team has, we should be fine,” Orakpo said. “We are going to carry ourselves as professionals, get ready for the Bills – it’s a new challenge, so erase the Philly game. We don’t want to worry about the “trap game” and all that other noise that comes with it.”

Orakpo said the West Coast trip from last year is still in his mind.

“I remember it, and we never want that to happen again,” Orakpo said. “Just getting one of those games would have helped clinch our division last year. We don’t want to take anything for granted, being on the road. The Bills have a great tradition in that stadium so we have to be prepared. If not, they’ll hit us in the mouth.”

Spain’s Toss

Injury Report

What they're saying: Bills search for ways to jump start the offense

vtoelu4cavua4elcydqv.jpg

1. LeSean McCoy talks lack of touches

2. Tremaine Edmunds talks about ‘exciting’ young defensive core

3. Andre Holmes on how Bills’ receiving corps can improve

4. Zay Jones thinks receiving corps is ‘continuously progressing’

5. Siran Neal on game planning for Marcus Mariota

6. Dontae Johnson familiar with playing against playmaking QBs

The Bills game in Nashville was one of the most enjoyable game day experiences I’ve had in a long, long time. The pedestrian bridge back into downtown is an awesome idea...I just wish I’d found it before crossing the bridge with the trucks roaring by. My bad there. 

I’m hoping a home game and after a rough start lets us get some momentum. We never know what we’ll get from week to week. 

True Turnover' rankings, Week 4: Bears rise up the list, Steelers fall farther | Pro Football Weekly

Net turnovers (fumbles lost + interceptions thrown + missed field-goal tries + fourth-down failures) minus net turnovers forced (fumbles forced + defensive interceptions + opponents' missed field-goal tries + fourth-down failures)

Team Fum INT Miss FGA 4D fail True TOs Opp fum Opp INT Opp miss FGA Opp 4D fail Opp TTOs True net
CLE 2 4 3 2 11 6 7 4 1 18 +7
MIA 3 3 0 1 7 1 9 0 3 13 +6
CAR 1 1 0 1 3 1 5 2 1 9 +6
CHI 2 3 1 2 8 3 8 0 2 13 +5
KC 1 0 0 0 1 1 2 2 0 5 +4
WAS 2 1 1 1 5 2 3 0 3 8 +3
SEA 2 3 3 1 9 2 7 2 1 12 +3
CIN 1 6 1 0 8 2 3 1 4 10 +2
NO 4 0 1 0 5 2 1 3 1 7 +2
IND 3 3 1 2 9 3 3 3 1 10 +1
GB 3 2 1 4 10 2 4 3 2 11 +1
TEN 0 4 1 2 7 2 3 1 2 8 +1