Hello From A Titans Fan -- Titans Come to Town

The Titan's punter is Buffalo area born/raised.  His father was a professional soccer goalie and the former owner of a local collegiate summer baseball team-the Niagara Power.  Real nice people. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Power

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_Kern

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kern

Edited by berg1029
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the problems on the offensive line for the Bills are less about inferior players and more about inferior cohesiveness as a unit.  They played pretty well versus the Vikings, but their lack of experience and cohesiveness as a unit made them vulnerable to the complexities of Mike Pettine's defense, which is based on deception.  I think the line has the potential to be considerably better than they were last Sunday eventually, but in the near term  I don't think the woes of the offensive line are over.   It's a copy cat league, and until they solve it, other defensive coordinators are going to emulate Mike Pettine's approach.

Throwback Thursday: Bills vs. Titans Through the Years

vq6uut1dizcn477ljoc0.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines: An Inside Look at the Buffalo Bills

g6llr7melad5zdlyv36v.jpg

Here’s a look at the Bills:

Record: 1-3.

Last game: Lost to Packers, 22-0.

Points for/against: 12.5 ppg/26.5 ppg.

NFL rankings:

Offense: 31st overall, 220.8 ypg (rushing 24th, passing 32nd).

Defense: 15th overall, 358.3 ypg (11th rushing, 16th passing).

Head coach: Sean McDermott.

Bills Today: McDermott: Culture Trumps Strategy

fiebrmnhypgtltjtk3op.jpg

5 Bills storylines to watch vs. Titans

LkeeN541?format=jpg&name=600x314

The Buffalo Bills are looking to get things back on track, but it won’t come easy in Week 5.

After being shutout by the Green Bay Packers last week, Buffalo will face the Tennessee Titans (3-1), who are fresh off an upset of their own when they defeated the defending champion Philadelphia Eagles last week in overtime.

With that, here’s fives storylines to watch when the Bills host the Titans on Sunday:

Which Josh shows up?
Will Shady finally show?
Called em’ out
Fourth member of the secondary
Slow starts
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

NFL Week 5 game picks: Chiefs over Jaguars; Eagles nip Vikings

1 p.m. ET (CBS) | New Era Field (Orchard Park, N.Y.)

Let's see ... The Titans can get after the quarterback and the Bills can't protect the quarterback. On paper, Tennessee should win this matchup going away. But if Marcus Mariota and the passing game regress from last week's trend-busting performance, then Buffalo has a chance. As always, turnovers are key with the Bills, particularly at home. Mike Vrabel's offense isn't built to take a lot of risks and, thus, shouldn't give the ball away all that often, though Mariota committed an egregious turnover against the Eagles last week. Both teams need to push their starting tailbacks out of the starting blocks. Tennessee's Derrick Henry has rushed for just 163 yards -- at a measly 3.0 yards per carry -- over the first four weeks of the season. Buffalo's LeSean McCoy doesn't even have 100 yards on the season yet. Oy.

Game Preview: Titans vs Bills (1:28)

John Murphy examines the Week 5 matchup between the Titans and Bills at New Era Field.

Scouting Report Week 5 - Bills vs. Titans

rlaq8bf9o6txjboepc7n.jpg

Top 3 Individual Matchups
*1 – Vladimir Ducasse vs. Jurrell Casey*
2 – Trent Murphy vs. Jack Conklin
3 – Tre’Davious White vs. Corey Davis

Bills Top 2 Advantages*
Good advantage – Run defense

Best advantage – Kick return

Bills Number 1 Must*
Win on third down

Scouting Eye
Mariota’s a closer
Red zone stalwarts
Bookend tackles back together
Taking the close ones
Buffalo Chips*
Milestones in reach

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:
53 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep. This is finally my week to take the Bills!

:huh:    ???   

Why is there  a NEW England Colts post in the Titans Fan thread?     

Next Gen Stats: Hidden numbers that defined Week 4

Tenacious Titans

After sacking Carson Wentz four times in their Week 4 win over the Eagles, the Titans find themselves atop the leaderboard for pressure percentage, making the quarterback uncomfortable on 32.1 percent of their attempts through the first quarter of the season. It's even more impressive when you consider that Tennessee is doing this while landing outside the top 10 in blitz percentage. The Titans' blitz percentage of 28.2 is 11th in the league, but has yielded the seventh-most sacks in the league with 12, an average of three per game.

I’m very curious about how Titans fans will travel compared to Bills fans. They are such different markets. Bills fans have largely scattered, while Nashville is a place attracting new people daily. Nashville is a great place, but they don’t have the historical fan base that the Bills do. I hope they have a decent showing, and we are as polite as our Wisconsin brethren, greeting them with “welcome to WNY!”. Except those lousy, nasty Pats* fans, who were the only jerks I met in Wisconsin. But that’s another story....