Ease up on Allen

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mccarron wasn't released.  He was traded to Oakland.  You can not re-sign a player who is traded.

Forgot about the trade. Point still is you cant go into a season with 2 unknowns. If your plan was to let Allen sit and learn then let him sit. 

McCarron was a cheap enough option.

10 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

You will eat these words

Why?

The truth is that fewer than 50% of 1st round QBs are successful, and when you take away the guys who go #1 overall, their success rate drops to around 30%. 

History clearly shows Allen has about a 1 in 3 chance of working out. That's the reality we face. 

I hope Allen gets it..... that's all I can do at this point is hope the lights come on soon.

Its just hard to endure after 2+ decades of subpar QB play. Patience is one thing but 2 decades is beyond reasonable expectation IMO

Only thing I'm worried about is him seeing ghosts and bailing out of the Pocket too early on a few plays. Which actually put him In harm's way. Plus he needs to keep his footwork to be accurate. I don't want to see him sacrifice his body for a bad season either. I do wanna see playcalling that gets the ball out quicker. 

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Why?

The truth is that fewer than 50% of 1st round QBs are successful, and when you take away the guys who go #1 overall, their success rate drops to around 30%. 

History clearly shows Allen has about a 1 in 3 chance of working out. That's the reality we face. 

jrober is just playing the percentages so he can wallow in misery....dont get dragged into it with him its ichy

6 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Why?

i think if they surround him with talent he will be good . when he has had time in the pocket he hasn't looked bad, give him more experience he will be alright.