Punt on 4th and 5 from Packers 47.

What say the crowd? The offense just had gotten a little rhythm.  My take is on 3rd and 5 you go run pass option knowing you are going for it on 4th down barring a loss of yards.

They netted 36 yards on a decent punt but Rodgers made up that chunk of yards in 4 plays. 36 yards is nothing for a QB like Rodgers. Points is what is needed. 

Another gutless move that most NFL coaches make so McD is not outside the norm. The Bills are now on tape at least three times trying to get them to jump offsides. Time to use the trend against the opponent.

It's likely a lost season. Let the kid try to make plays.

1 hour ago, fridge said:

What was the score?

6-0. Does it matter? Plenty of time left in the game even if it doesn't work out.

I get it. Its basically mid field. But two chances to get 5 ysrds??? 

And hell it was a great punt. Pinned them at 11. Worked out great. Instead of a 53 yard TD drive it was an 89 yard TD drive.

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

What say the crowd? The offense just had gotten a little rhythm.  My take is on 3rd and 5 you go run pass option knowing you are going for it on 4th down barring a loss of yards.

They netted 36 yards on a decent punt but Rodgers made up that chunk of yards in 4 plays. 36 yards is nothing for a QB like Rodgers. Points is what is needed. 

Another gutless move that most NFL coaches make so McD is not outside the norm. The Bills are now on tape at least three times trying to get them to jump offsides. Time to use the trend against the opponent.

It's likely a lost season. Let the kid try to make plays.

They basically conceded the game with that punt. I would rather them have gone for it, if they got it the offense may have gotten some life. If they missed it, I would still be fine with it because at least they played to win.

26 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

6-0. Does it matter? Plenty of time left in the game even if it doesn't work out.

I get it. Its basically mid field. But two chances to get 5 ysrds??? 

And hell it was a great punt. Pinned them at 11. Worked out great. Instead of a 53 yard TD drive it was an 89 yard TD drive.

Yes, the score matters. It was 6-0 and up until that point we had been losing the field position battle. Flip the field, get a quick stop and give your rookie QB a short field. This isn’t madden.

We gave up a huge drive and that was probably when the game was lost, but as someone who often questions punts, this one made complete sense.

I'm all for the staff letting Josh make plays but eliminate the 5-7 step drops on deeper routes. Give him a fighting chance to slowly develop confidence. I know the Oline and wr's are semi worthless but the playcalling has to be modified. I don't want Josh to become David Carr. Buy him some time until reinforcements come next year. This team probably won't be finalized until 2020 and Brady/Beli will be gone.

5 minutes ago, fridge said:

Yes, the score matters. It was 6-0 and up until that point we had been losing the field position battle. Flip the field, get a quick stop and give your rookie QB a short field. This isn’t madden.

We gave up a huge drive and that was probably when the game was lost, but as someone who often questions punts, this one made complete sense.

Two downs to get 5 yards isn't Madden. Either way they were still down 13 points. 

I get it. Quick stop and get ball back. Makes sense. 

But the other team has Aaron Rodgers. Field position really isn't an issue foe elite QB.