Karlos Williams Applying for Reinstatement to the NFL

Nice guy.  Took my 10 year old son to a signing.  No one there and he was real friendly.  Glad to hear he's feeling well but I always thought what happened was somewhat not an accident. He and his wife had first child that off season and his history of serious concusions made me think maybe they decided he needed to walk away from the game.

The signing was his last week of concussion recovery that year and he said he had spent a week in a pitch dark room with no sound as part of healing.  I think he had two bad ones in college previously.

Hopefully they are smart and get a $150k house in a decent burb with low property taxes and live a decent normal life.  Not sure how much he made from the NFL but a free home and the money to cover 50 years of property taxes is a nice crutch at least.  Worst case scenario I hope.

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, fridge said:

Because he needed support and he didn’t get it. Not all of us are raised with the same level of understanding and importance of being prideful. We don’t know the full story with Karlos, but I struggle to see why he’s not worthy of both sympathy and forgiveness.

The Bills gave him support.  He should have stayed retired.  His chances of making a comeback are slim.

12 hours ago, fridge said:

I’ve never been more disappointed in a Bills player. What an incredible rookie season, and then...nothing.

By the way... the fat jokes are tired and boring. Not sure how you can’t sympathize with a young man that bungled such a wonderful opportunity.

Because HE bungled it. Not anybody else. HE had an opportunity most would absolutely kill to be able to have and he took it almost as a joke. 

No, I dont sympathize with professional athletes making more to play football in a year or two than I might make in a lifetime, when they alone screw up their opportunity.

Now, a guy gets a freak injury that ends his career? Kevin Everett? Yeah, I'll sympathize with that guy. Not Karlos Williams.

EDIT: I'm not saying that the guy shouldn't get a second chance. Only that I don't feel bad for him.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Yes he was. 

On a side note, is that what a proper offense looks like? I forget. 

DON'T START THE TYROD SNOWBALL! but yes it is. Sadly we can't deserve to have good sides of the ball despite having strong unite on bone or the other for 5 years. 2 D, 2O and 1 (maybe 2 for 2018 D).

REEEEEEEEX????!!!!

5 hours ago, iinii said:

I would enjoy watching Karlos return to form.

Me too.  He was an exciting player to watch for a brief period.  Can't see why he shouldn't get another chance.  Others are in the league who have been guilty of far worse than struggling with drugs.

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

Must need more money, heard the price of pot is on the rise.

I am sure he wants more money. Who doesn’t? As far as weed goes, it is market driven. Supply is high (no pun intended) and demand is normal, so whoever is given you your intel is full of FAKE NEWS! ?

Just now, iinii said:

I am sure he wants more money. Who doesn’t? As far as weed goes, it is market driven. Supply is high (no pun intended) and demand is normal, so whoever is given you your intel is full of FAKE NEWS! ?

He also has at least 4 kids so that could be why he needs money. Might be clean now, we don’t know. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He also has at least 4 kids so that could be why he needs money. Might be clean now, we don’t know. 

Exactly. I hope he is clean and ready for the next phase of his life, whatever that is. 

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

DON'T START THE TYROD SNOWBALL! but yes it is. Sadly we can't deserve to have good sides of the ball despite having strong unite on bone or the other for 5 years. 2 D, 2O and 1 (maybe 2 for 2018 D).

REEEEEEEEX????!!!!

I guess it's 5:00 o'clock somewhere.

12 hours ago, fridge said:

I’ve never been more disappointed in a Bills player. What an incredible rookie season, and then...nothing.

By the way... the fat jokes are tired and boring. Not sure how you can’t sympathize with a young man that bungled such a wonderful opportunity.

Because he's already had multiple chances but somehow didn't understand how close he was to being right where he is, which is out of the league.

Once his bank account dried up, I guess reality set in.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Because he's already had multiple chances but somehow didn't understand how close he was to being right where he is, which is out of the league.

Once his bank account dried up, I guess reality set in.

What’s your point?