highest percentage of passes dropped -

Socal-805

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

How objective is it to list Foster's weaknesses, but not his strengths?

If my assessment is so far off, why is he in the roster? Are the Bills' coaches Alabama homers too?

...ignorance is bliss and you take the cake.....you solidified your place as someone never to be taken seriously in posts or debates......quite frankly, it is a blessing versus a loss....SMH.............

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Build the offensive line in FA next year.

Get a playmaker WR priority #1 in the draft.

Give Allen the tools he needs and we could be looking at something special for the future.

the only issue i see with this is that WR's rarely come out and are much good their first year. unless there is a consensus can't miss, i would think that we may have to at least target maybe a couple #2 WRs in FA to help get the ball rolling.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Allen wasn’t even taking first team snaps in preseason. It will take some time to develop chemistry with his receivers.

No patience here.

Foster and Allen both 3rd team in the spring training into training camp. That combo may have some of the most experience together.....

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree.  At least one solid FA at WR.

i hope that by the end of the year, at least one of our young receivers will establish some real chemisty with Allen, thereby making what we have to do next off-season a bit less murkey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

the only issue i see with this is that WR's rarely come out and are much good their first year. unless there is a consensus can't miss, i would think that we may have to at least target maybe a couple #2 WRs in FA to help get the ball rolling.

That is exactly what I think Beane will have to do.

There are a few FA targets that would grade out as #2s he should go after.

Maybe even overpaying for a good older guy on a shorter contract who is able and willing to help the young guys out.

KB sure isn't helping the young guys.

2 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

That wouldn't matter in this situation. We are talking the connection between Allen and Foster, who both were 3rd string.

So, you have two rookies who are in their third game who have had limited reps. Maybe you need to temper the expectations a bit.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

It's hard to judge for sure.  Same as if a defender makes a hell of a play to rake the ball out.  Do you call that a drop or a great defensive play?  Not really asking just kind of saying two people could see it either way.

Defender making a hell of a play, to my understanding ESPN is unambiguous that's not a drop.  As I understand it if the guy has to leave his feet and jump or dive, they also don't score that as a drop either.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

That is exactly what I think Beane will have to do.

There are a few FA targets that would grade out as #2s he should go after.

Maybe even overpaying for a good older guy on a shorter contract who is able and willing to help the young guys out.

KB sure isn't helping the young guys.

i have no idea of who might be available this off-season but with the cap room we will have, i'm sure that will be at the top of McBean's list. if KB keeps playing like he has, he will not be on a roster next year, he needs to step up if he wants a second contract at all, from anyone.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Defender making a hell of a play, to my understanding ESPN is unambiguous that's not a drop.  As I understand it if the guy has to leave his feet and jump or dive, they also don't score that as a drop either.

I find both of those fair assessments.

56 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do you think the Bills' coaches cared what college he went to when they put him on the roster?

I do, actually.  Last year's WR coach is said to have stumped for Zay Jones 'cuz he coached him, I think it's reasonable to assume that Daboll might put in a word for an UDFA with whom he was personally familiar.  Meaning no aspersion thereby, scouting on UDFA is limited so why wouldn't a coach weigh in on a guy he knows?

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I find both of those fair assessments.

Eh.  It's a pretty routine in the NFL for a tall WR to go up for a ball that's over his head.  WR also work very hard on their grip and arm strength because it's pretty routine they need to out-play DB for contested balls. 

I understand why ESPN does it that way, my points are it means ESPN's "drops" are a subset of balls most football-knowledgeable guys (former players, coaches etc, not just Charlie Couch Potato) would expect a WR to handle.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do, actually.  Last year's WR coach is said to have stumped for Zay Jones 'cuz he coached him, I think it's reasonable to assume that Daboll might put in a word for an UDFA with whom he was personally familiar.

I don’t think a NFL coach who cares about his career would put a player on a roster just because of a college loyalty. I believe that Foster is on the team because of his demonstrated potential.

His signing with the Bills as a UDFA MAY have had something to do with Daboll. He certainly was on other teams’ radar.

Just now, Foxx said:

i have no idea of who might be available this off-season but with the cap room we will have, i'm sure that will be at the top of McBean's list. if KB keeps playing like he has, he will not be on a roster next year, he needs to step up if he wants a second contract at all, from anyone.

It's not a great list but there are a few guys Beane might be able to steal from their current teams by overpaying a little.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver/

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's not a great list but there are a few guys Beane might be able to steal from their current teams by overpaying a little.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver/

your right, the list is not overwhelming at all. Cobb will command too much money, Fitzgerald is on the backside of his career and most likely would want to go to a team that has the opportunity to win now. of the rest, i'm thinking i would take a stab at Kearse. i also wouldn't mind seeing 7-11 back in the slot but i doubt TB12 will let him leave.

21 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We clearly have the worst wr group in the NFL trying to catch balls from a qb who's velocity is nearly 70mph.  What could possibly go wrong. 

Normally I would agree but the passes dropped dont seem to have been thrown particularly fast imo.