Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'll bet you everything you own he doesn't. You don't know what you're talking about. 

Maybe not 350, but I 300 is a real possibility.  How many more yards would he have if his receivers actually caught his passes? There was about 5 that went right through hands yesterday alone.  

Buffalo Bills: Robert Foster Went from Undrafted to Top Target

IISXxOOX?format=jpg&name=600x314

The release of Kelvin Benjamin seemingly made Zay Jones the number one receiver for the Buffalo Bills.

But Jones has not had back-to-back 100-yard performances and he is not averaging nearly 25 yards per reception. Those stats belong to Robert Foster.

Foster, undrafted out of Alabama, had another huge game on Sunday. He caught four balls for 108 yards and had the go-ahead touchdown in the win over the Detroit Lions. This came one week after he had 104 receiving yards in the loss to the New York Jets.

It seems like the Bills have found something in Foster.

I am not sure if Foster can be a WR2 but I am starting to think he might be. A few weeks ago I though Zay was a WR3 and Foster a WR4 gadget type. Now I am thinking Zay is a bubble WR3 or high end depth WR4 while Foster is a WR3 in the mold of Tyler Gabriel with potential to be a burner WR2. I still would still want the team to try and find 2 proven WR or 1 vet and draft a WR high up. But Foster has made me more of a believer. 

Foster is just such an interesting case. Obviously there have been many UDFA success stories in the NFL in the past. But typically those are guys who were very successful college players who get overlooked for some reason by the NFL wether it be speed, level of competition, whatever. Foster is the opposite, a big time recruit, a guy who did very little in his college career, went undrafted, and is putting up good numbers. He has more recieving yards this year than he had his entire college career. To me it is such an interesting case and I can't think of any others like it. Even Matt Cassel, who didn't even play in college much got drafted in the seventh round. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really believe if Foster was, lets say a day 2 pick, I think more people would say he's capable of being a #1.  WR's typically take time to develop and it's usually after year 1.  Foster has developed in a 1/2 a year and accelerated after being cut.  It's really impressive.

I agree 100%. How many more 100 yd games does the rookie need before we can start at least realistically entertaining the fact he might just be the guy? 

I’m already there, as far as it being a real possibility.