It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who caught the only TD today?

I don't mean to poo poo Zay, who has looked pretty solid the past couple weeks, but to be clear, 2.4 yards ranks him 112th out of 131 WR/TEs.

Having said that, his true catch rate (catches/catchable targets) is 81.2% this year, which off the top of my head (I can confirm this in the morning), I believe is roughly 24% higher than it was last year. He was pretty much the worst in the NFL last year, whereas 81.2% ranks him 58th in the league so far this season.

Edit: For those that are curious, Charles Clay ranks 40th in the league at 3.3 yards of separation and 2 of the 19 WR/TEs that are worse than Zay are his own teammates.

Edited by DCOrange

56 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This thread will live until the OP makes the correction.  

Ill keep posting the stats as a weekly reminder.  

He went 3 for 35 with a TD.

Is that supposed to be a breakout game or something?

I will give Zay some credit as I think it was his best game as a bill and he showed a little progress.

But 3 for 35 for a TD shouldn’t be a WR2s best game 21 games into his career...

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

I will give Zay some credit as I think it was his best game as a bill and he showed a little progress.

You forgot the drop that would have been a first down. 

Zay is playing better. Not well but better. Let's hope it continues. It's still not good. The TD was a nice double move and he caught it clean. To show you how bad he is, everyone of the ten people close to me were worried that when they showed the replay he might have bobbled it. ;)

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Today was TODAY. He seems to be making progress despite a terrible situation on offense. I pray he will be part of the solution. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Zay is playing better. Not well but better. Let's hope it continues. It's still not good. The TD was a nice double move and he caught it clean. To show you how bad he is, everyone of the ten people close to me were worried that when they showed the replay he might have bobbled it. ;)

Perfectly said and haha so true. I still didn’t believe he caught it until hauschka was kicking that extra point lol

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Today was TODAY. He seems to be making progress despite a terrible situation on offense. I pray he will be part of the solution. 

Agreed that he played a BIT better today.

But I am just saying I think we should pump the breaks on Zay Jones “breakout” game. At the end of the day he went 3 for 35, dropped a key third down, and still struggled to get separation on most plays.

But he did come up with his biggest catch as a Bill to date so let’s hope that continues.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why not? I remember TO having games of one drop after another. A lot happens between them ears. 

He wasn't awful early. Marv had a policy of not playing (and hating) rookies at that time because he thought they made mistakes. Nothing to do with Moulds it was all rookies. He wasn't playing a lot because Marv wouldn't play him more than he was bad or may have been a bust. So his stats suffered. We also signed a FA WR Quinn Early, who immediately was awful, and Marv still wouldn't play Moulds because he was a rookie. If levy didn't have that ridiculous prejudice, which other but not most coaches had, Moulds would have played a lot more in his first two years and produced more and people wouldn't think that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He wasn't awful early. Marv had a policy of not playing (and hating) rookies at that time because he thought they made mistakes. Nothing to do with Moulds it was all rookies. He wasn't playing a lot because Marv wouldn't play him more than he was bad or may have been a bust. So his stats suffered. We also signed a FA WR Quinn Early, who immediately was awful, and Marv still wouldn't play Moulds because he was a rookie. If levy didn't have that ridiculous prejudice, which other but not most coaches had, Moulds would have played a lot more in his first two years and produced more and people wouldn't think that. 

Never mind, on different brain waves there....

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't know.  I recall Thurman starting his rookie year, same with Ruben Brown.  Shane Conlan and Nate Odomes started most of their rookie years too.  Eric also started some games, but he didn't have the impact of those others early on.  Doesn't matter anyway the light finally came all the way on and he was a beastly player.  Zay is not that type of size/speed freak, but the light can come on for him too.  Corey Davis in Tennessee looks more himself this year than last year.  WR is hard to play in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

E Moulds also was great as a returner in the chances he did get on the field. I agree completely that he was never going to be a bust.

9 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

What you are missing is the OP.  Biggest bust.

As of YESTERDAY

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G YAC 1DN
Zay Jones 16 29 199 12.4 1 57 1 33.2 18 9
Kelvin Benjamin 10 32 146 14.6 1 39 2 24.3 14 6
Charles Clay 13 20 119 9.2 0 21 1 19.8 46 8
Chris Ivory 5 7 104 20.8 0 55 2 17.3 105 4
LeSean McCoy 13 21 85 6.5 0 22 1 17 104 2
Jason Croom 8 11 73 9.1 1 26 1 12.2 36 3
Andre Holmes 7 16 71 10.1 0 22 2 11.8 25 3

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Compared to last season, much better

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

I don't know.  I recall Thurman starting his rookie year, same with Ruben Brown.  Shane Conlan and Nate Odomes started most of their rookie years too.  Eric also started some games, but he didn't have the impact of those others early on.  Doesn't matter anyway the light finally came all the way on and he was a beastly player.  Zay is not that type of size/speed freak, but the light can come on for him too.  Corey Davis in Tennessee looks more himself this year than last year.  WR is hard to play in the NFL.

Didn't Jim Kelly play on his "rookie year"?