Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
greenyellowred

Is Binghamton Bills country?

Recommended Posts

I am visiting Binghamton today from California. I see tons of Pittsburgh, Giants, Jets, and New England hats and jersey, even a Denver one, but no Bills paraphernalia. This ws both in an area Wegmans in Horseheads and at a festival at NYSEG Stadium in Binghamton. What gives? I am not happy. Why would anyone support those loser teams?

 

[Sorry I can’ post more pics, but I am on my phone.]

 

BB97_DD4_C-14_DD-456_D-99_E6-5_B2_AD83_E

More pics: 65_BB0_D77-_C3_F2-4_F57-8555-_C7_E116_A9

7613621_C-_D9_A9-49_A9-_BF02-_AC61_B8161

 

76_FC0180-_FE21-46_D2-_BAED-2_FE16_E9_DF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got family there and they are Bills season ticket holders but it does seem to be a mixed bag of fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should definitely continue to take pictures of people and post them online telling us how weird they are 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

are you just taking pictures of people? thats a little odd man

 

 

Odd to take pics of enemies in Bills territory? Don't think so. Pretty brazen of these fools.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greenyellowred said:

 

Another pic from Wegmans:

 

028_A1_D5_E-_E723-414_C-80_A4-160108_A0_

 

Well, it seems you see some bills gear. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I've got family there and they are Bills season ticket holders but it does seem to be a mixed bag of fans.

 

Thanks. I thought Binghamton was solid Bills country.

Just now, NoSaint said:

 

Well, it seems you see some bills gear. 

 

Yes, but not enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it that they didn't offer them, or the bills stuff was sold out....

 

 

Also, their is NO wegmans in horseheads..

 

just saying..

 

 

 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greenyellowred said:

 

 

Odd to take pics of enemies in Bills territory? Don't think so. Pretty brazen of these fools.

 

Binghamton is not Bills territory. Not even close.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

is it that they didn't offer them, or the bills stuff was sold out....

 

 

Also, their is NO wegmans in horseheads..

 

just saying..

 

 

 

 

Thanks. I meant Elmira. The hotel I stayed at was in Horseheads. 

 

Yeah maybe it was sold out. Still, kind of disrespectful for Wegmans to be sellng enemy apparel in Bills country.

Edited by greenyellowred
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

 

Binghamton is not Bills territory. Not even close.

 

Maybe not after the last 20 years

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, row_33 said:

 

Maybe not after the last 20 years

 

 

I grew up there during the Super Bowl years. Even back then, Giants fans far outnumbered Bills fans. But today, Bills fans are a relic in the southern tier of Central NY. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This **** is weird. Don't just post photos of randoms on a message board, man...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nelius said:

This **** is weird. Don't just post photos of randoms on a message board, man...

 

Weird? For exposing the enemy?

Elmira, where that Wegmans was, is closer to Buffalo than to either Pittsburgh or NY. These people are traitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That part of NYS tends to be an extension of NYC in its sports fandom. Met Life is closer by an hour and the Giants used to have their training camp in Albany. This map is a bit old, but it gives you an idea of the limited geographical reach of Bills Mafia.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/matadornetwork.com/read/mapped-where-to-find-fans-of-your-nfl-team-across-the-us/amp/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

I am visiting Binghamton today from California. I see tons of Pittsburgh, Giants, Jets, and New England hats and jersey, even a Denver one, but no Bills paraphernalia. This ws both in an area Wegmans in Horseheads and at a festival at NYSEG Stadium in Binghamton. What gives? I am not happy. Why would anyone support those loser teams?

 

[Sorry I can’ post more pics, but I am on my phone.]

 

BB97_DD4_C-14_DD-456_D-99_E6-5_B2_AD83_E

More pics: 65_BB0_D77-_C3_F2-4_F57-8555-_C7_E116_A9

7613621_C-_D9_A9-49_A9-_BF02-_AC61_B8161

 

76_FC0180-_FE21-46_D2-_BAED-2_FE16_E9_DF

  That far east it is a mixed lot but start going further west along I86 and the numbers grow.  The Bills start doing well and you will see more Bills gear out.  One or two stores really is not a strong indicator especially now with the internet along with direct delivery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

That part of NYS tends to be an extension of NYC in its sports fandom. Met Life is closer by an hour and the Giants used to have their training camp in Albany. This map is a bit old, but it gives you an idea of the limited geographical reach of Bills Mafia.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/matadornetwork.com/read/mapped-where-to-find-fans-of-your-nfl-team-across-the-us/amp/

 

Nice map! Thanks for posting that FrenchConnection.

 

These fans must be bandwagoners and not diehard Bills fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

 

I grew up there during the Super Bowl years. Even back then, Giants fans far outnumbered Bills fans. But today, Bills fans are a relic in the southern tier of Central NY. 

I consider Horseheads, Elmira and Corning to be huge Bills area so must be we are in WNY

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

There is no Wegmans in Horseheads and were 60 miles from Binghamton. Target sells Bills stuff here along with several other stores.

There is a Wegmans in Elmira though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Yes there is eat lunch there a few time a week. There is also one in Corning.

Love that place! I'm HHDS Highschool class of 05. Many many many people here are Giants fans I noticed, probably 60/40 Bills to Giants fan ratio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×