We are one buffalo

Comebackkid

45 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I appreciate the post, bro. The one thing the Bills have had going for them the turn of the century has been this fanbase 

Adding in an Emily Dickinson quote: "Success is counted sweetest by those who never succeed."

Please advise Emily that law of averages for a Buffalo sports team is a non-starter.

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

I survived tuel time, tricky dickey countless other mishaps... Things don't get to me like they used to.   I'm not telling you how to feel though. 

Ooo hasn’t affected me in years. 

Been much better for my blood pressure with Free Streaming and not spending money on them except my seasons that I end up selling for profits 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Everyone wants better.   Being miserable won't help.   Sux to lose but I was happy to watch Josh. 

you liked the ducks he threw to wide open receivers under no pressure?? and the throws to the Backs and WRs that could have got them killed?

yep he is a good athlete and has a winner mentality...but he is mediocre at QBing at this point.And Im being kind.

3 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Stole this from FB Bills Mafia

I really enjoyed and thought some of you may as well.  

We are all in this together so just grin and bear it! 

Let me tell you something about being a Bills fan. It’s not just about a game. Any team can have fans, but we are more than that. We are a community. We are a group of people who share a love for our hometown. We choke up when we see Pancho Billa present at the NFL draft, and Jim Kelly posting on Facebook after another surgery. We attend outdoor games during a snowstorm. We eat hotdogs off a Pinto. We take over entire towns for away games. We make an instant friend when we see a Bills hat while on vacation. We gather at the airport to cheer for our team when their plane lands. Those of us who no longer live in Buffalo get together every Sunday in a town far away from home and watch the games together. We are not just Buffalo Bills fans, we ARE the Buffalo Bills. If you can’t handle the down times then you were never one of us to begin with.

FB_IMG_1537223497325.jpg

I find it interesting that this quote is most commonly attributed to a woman who downed a bottle of sleeping pills with a fifth of vodka not too long after and is the personal mantra for every emotionally unstable, trainwreck of a girl out there but if it makes you feel better about going 1-15 this year then good for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tcali said:

you liked the ducks he threw to wide open receivers under no pressure?? and the throws to the Backs and WRs that could have got them killed?

yep he is a good athlete and has a winner mentality...but he is mediocre at QBing at this point.And Im being kind.

well for one..it was his first game..so when you say " at this point"  im not expecting Rogers or Brady...   its funny that for everything that the bills do that the press rags on, I havent seen much of any bad press on Allen since game one.   everything ive read says they can see the talent he has and that he's a Rookie that needs to learn some things...but..hey if makes you feel better rag on...but its not going to amount to much.   To answer your question though, yeah i was happy with what i saw.  

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I find it interesting that this quote is most commonly attributed to a woman who downed a bottle of sleeping pills with a fifth of vodka not too long after and is the personal mantra for every emotionally unstable, trainwreck of a girl out there but if it makes you feel better about going 1-15 this year then good for you.

sounds like a lot of Bills fans can relate then..right?

8 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

well for one..it was his first game..so when you say " at this point"  im not expecting Rogers or Brady...   its funny that for everything that the bills do that the press rags on, I havent seen much of any bad press on Allen since game one.   everything ive read says they can see the talent he has and that he's a Rookie that needs to learn some things...but..hey if makes you feel better rag on...but its not going to amount to much.   To answer your question though, yeah i was happy with what i saw.  

i dont give a damn what the press says. i will comment on his garbage throwing all day. i did compliment him on his natural athleticism and winning attitude. I just dont get throwing ducks to wide open receivers. Did the GM not scout the guy?? And even his check downs were thrown with him not even noticing where the D player was--getting the receivers maimed on practically every one of them. And when he has protection he stands there like a wooden indian--and waits forever --not moving his feet and eyes---until a D lineman or LB is right on him...when he could have easily avoided the rush and put himself in a better position to see the field.sorry those things are not good signs. --Thankfully the guy is 6 5 and tough and a good athlete.

PS--his arm strength is also overrated.with no rush on him(on the long completion which was behind the receiver) he threw the ball   as hard as he could---and it went 60 in the air.good QBs should do that with a flick of the wrist.

Edited by Tcali

I'm going to go all sentimental now ... there is something about being a fan of a team based in what demographers call a depopulating region. The big outflow of population creates a stronger bond among those who stayed, as well as among those who left (I did, as a kid, when my dad had an option: move, or lose your job).  You don't see the same level of intensity in the growth regions, even when the team has been around just as long. I know, I live in Colorado. Broncos fans are a pretty committed lot, but it's not the same intensity as with Bills fans. And I don't think it has anything to do with winning or losing. It has to do with a sense of connection. I'll be honest: for me, my primary remaining connection to Buffalo is the Bills. And I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Tcali said:

i dont give a damn what the press says. i will comment on his garbage throwing all day. i did compliment him on his natural athleticism and winning attitude. I just dont get throwing ducks to wide open receivers. Did the GM not scout the guy?? And even his check downs were thrown with him not even noticing where the D player was--getting the receivers maimed on practically every one of them. And when he has protection he stands there like a wooden indian--and waits forever --not moving his feet and eyes---until a D lineman or LB is right on him...when he could have easily avoided the rush and put himself in a better position to see the field.sorry those things are not good signs. --Thankfully the guy is 6 5 and tough and a good athlete.

PS--his arm strength is also overrated.with no rush on him(on the long completion which was behind the receiver) he threw the ball   as hard as he could---and it went 60 in the air.good QBs should do that with a flick of the wrist.

you can believe what you want....  personally i believe most of what you believe is bullcrap...  but thats just my perspective

16 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm going to go all sentimental now ... there is something about being a fan of a team based in what demographers call a depopulating region. The big outflow of population creates a stronger bond among those who stayed, as well as among those who left (I did, as a kid, when my dad had an option: move, or lose your job).  You don't see the same level of intensity in the growth regions, even when the team has been around just as long. I know, I live in Colorado. Broncos fans are a pretty committed lot, but it's not the same intensity as with Bills fans. And I don't think it has anything to do with winning or losing. It has to do with a sense of connection. I'll be honest: for me, my primary remaining connection to Buffalo is the Bills. And I appreciate that.

In a way maybe its like.... have kids or even just being part of a family growing up....u have highs ..lows..sometimes you fight and argue but all the crap u go through makes you closer.   i've only been a fan of the Bills and if they shut down i'd probably lose a lot of interest in football.   Glad someone  enjoyed it.   

13 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Stole this from FB Bills Mafia

I really enjoyed and thought some of you may as well.  

We are all in this together so just grin and bear it! 

Let me tell you something about being a Bills fan. It’s not just about a game. Any team can have fans, but we are more than that. We are a community. We are a group of people who share a love for our hometown. We choke up when we see Pancho Billa present at the NFL draft, and Jim Kelly posting on Facebook after another surgery. We attend outdoor games during a snowstorm. We eat hotdogs off a Pinto. We take over entire towns for away games. We make an instant friend when we see a Bills hat while on vacation. We gather at the airport to cheer for our team when their plane lands. Those of us who no longer live in Buffalo get together every Sunday in a town far away from home and watch the games together. We are not just Buffalo Bills fans, we ARE the Buffalo Bills. If you can’t handle the down times then you were never one of us to begin with.

FB_IMG_1537223497325.jpg

Yeah I guess whatever makes you feel better.  I personally think this franchise has been a joke for the past 20 years & will continue to be a joke under these two clowns.  I went to the game Sunday, and I vowed I will not spend another dime on these guys this year.  Mcdipsh*t wants to tank & get rid of all of our young talent that is fine, that is certainly their prerogative.   It is mine not to bother with them the rest of the season.  They will get smoked against Minn this week.  I am taking a hike with the wife & daughter up to letchworth Park Sunday afternoon.  F*ck these guys.  

Edited by Gordio