[Edited Title] Patrick Mahomes Looks Great

Wizard

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

So, if we drafted him last year, why couldn't he have had the same things? Sit behind Tyrod, don't trade Sammy because you have a QB now, and use draft picks, free agency to fill up the holes. 

The bottom line is, this FO created a lot of holes to obtain draft capital for a QB, when they could have just taken Mahomes last year, without creating more holes...

They created holes to fix the cap and get draft picks. 2 birds one stone. 

32 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

could not have said it better my self. Those Mahomes haters are now in a state of denial and are in hiding. There all cowards you guys talked all that smack last year, saying mahomes would amount to nothing to more then a back up and that he would be a bust. Your wrong, now stand up and take your medicine. 

Jeffy jeff jeff jeff.

Welcome to the purge.

22 hours ago, Wizard said:

What evil was done for us to have the worst Karma in the history of the NFL?

How is it possible that Pat Mahomes is throwing 4 touchdowns in week 1, 6 touchdowns in week 2, and he already looks like the GOAT out there?

We can't even trade down effectively without it biting our butts. Mahomes is the GOAT, and the Bills front office, team, and the Karma gods have made us the goats.

4 Possibilities 

• The football gods are real...and we did something wrong. What was done to deserve such long suffering?
  • The Chiefs have a great coach and a stable front office
  • The Chiefs waited a year with Mahomes and have great weapons and a line to help him out
  • The Chiefs don't talk about a "Process," instead, they are in the process of looking good for awhile and have made one of the best recent fleecings in a trade in modern NFL history.

Hail to the GOAT!

I'll salvage some of those negative rep points. It's mostly because their GM isn't an idiot

I heard all the same things about these guys after small sample sizes of early success...

Carr

Dak

Watson

Tannehill

Bortles

Jimmy G

Great start for the kid, no denying that.  But man, how many times do people need to crown people the next great thing before they realize that they need to show sustained success first BEFORE we really know who they are.  All of the guys on this list can still turn in great careers, but none of them are listed in the top 15 QBs in the NFL right now and performing below expectations of their early success in their respective careers.  And this list gets large when you factor in past QB's too.

29 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Darby was a cap casualty on a rookie contract? How was Watkins burning our cap? he had two years left on a rookie contract. 

Dareus, maybe so, but they replaced him with another expensive player.

Cordy Glenn? Ok, well, maybe they could have done a better job replacing him with the QB was already in place, instead of maneuvering to get a QB.

Again, this isn't hard. Draft Mahomes, use draft picks and salary cap space to fill the holes

oline for example could have been made the main priority, not a QB. The "he wouldn't do this with our crap" excuse is lame, because the outlook would much different if they took Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

And ask yourself: just where would our defense be today if we hadn’t made those trades last year? We wouldn’t have Tre White. We might have given up the most points in the NFL after Game 2 of 2018. Now, we wouldn’t have wanted that to happen!

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

Darby was a cap casualty on a rookie contract? How was Watkins burning our cap? he had two years left on a rookie contract. 

Cordy Glenn? Ok, well, maybe they could have done a better job replacing him with the QB was already in place, instead of maneuvering to get a QB.

Again, this isn't hard. Draft Mahomes, use draft picks and salary cap space to fill the holes

oline for example could have been made the main priority, not a QB. The "he wouldn't do this with our crap" excuse is lame, because the outlook would much different if they took Mahomes. 

Watkins was in the last year of his contract, hence why he was a FA this year.  They declined his 5th year option and they literally said they didn't think they could resign him as to why they traded him. 

And sorry, this "isnt hard" statement is total nonsense.  There were a TON of question marks on Mahomes, he was no where close to some blue chip slam dunk.  So sorry bud, it IS HARD to predict the future, in fact impossible.  

And going into that draft the Defense was light years worse than our offense, in fact, Tyrod and the Bills were coming off a season as the the 6th highest scoring team in the league.  

You know what isnt hard?  Playing hindsight 20/20 game and making decisions after the future has happened. 

MORE importantly, no one will ever know if we made the right decision until they see what Allen does, REGARDLESS of what Mahomes does.  Because if Allen reaches his potential, NO ONE will care about Mahomes and the Bills will have come out GREAT getting both Tre and Allen in the last 2 drafts.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Watkins 5th year option cost 13.2 mil that's a big cap hit, especially for a disappointing player.  Saved 2 mil this year from Darius, even with Star and 22 Million the next three years even with Star. 

I'm not sure what kind of player Mahomes is and what kind of player he'd be here, time may prove you right but it may not.  Organizationally you can't take that risk based on scouting done by guys you intend to fire the next day. 

10 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Watkins 5th year option cost 13.2 mil that's a big cap hit, especially for a disappointing player.  Saved 2 mil this year from Darius, even with Star and 22 Million the next three years even with Star. 

I'm not sure what kind of player Mahomes is and what kind of player he'd be here, time may prove you right but it may not.  Organizationally you can't take that risk based on scouting done by guys you intend to fire the next day. 

Dareus costs 13.5 mil against the cap this year. His absence means we sign star to 10 mil for the next 5 yeas. So 23.5mil minus dareus 15.5 means 8million to swap dareus for star this year. Put that and Corey Coleman’s 3mil in dead cap. Now you’ve almost fully paid Sammy’s 13 mil  

24 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

It really is not that simple

Do ppl forget that Gilmore was due a huge contract?   White is a replacement for GILMORE......

If a mistake was made....then I think it was not retaining EJ Gaines and drafting another corner high.......EJ was really good when he was not hurt in this D......gave everything he had unlike Vonte Davis

Dareus was a fat lazy slob that was constantly late to meetings and didnt give effort...he was everything wrong with what they are trying to biuld here......say what you want about Star but the guy is durable....in shape....and is giving everything he has every week (right now Horrible Harry's everything looks better then Star's everything but your not gonna know that when it is time to get FA players......

Glenn.....I was a fan of Glenn and I really hated to lose him.....I think if Glenn is on the RT side of this OL and Dawkins on the LT side this OL looks so much better......but they were concerned at the time that he had a chronic injury and he was draft capital to move up for Josh Allen.

This is what happens when you rebuild.....

8 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Dareus costs 13.5 mil against the cap this year. His absence means we sign star to 10 mil for the next 5 yeas. So 23.5mil minus dareus 15.5 means 8million to swap dareus for star this year. Put that and Corey Coleman’s 3mil in dead cap. Now you’ve almost fully paid Sammy’s 13 mil  

Swapping a guy who was unmotivated and a conern for getting suspended for a locker room guy who does everything asked of him......

That is the part you are missing.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It really is not that simple

Do ppl forget that Gilmore was due a huge contract?   White is a replacement for GILMORE......

If a mistake was made....then I think it was not retaining EJ Gaines and drafting another corner high.......EJ was really good when he was not hurt in this D......gave everything he had unlike Vonte Davis

Dareus was a fat lazy slob that was constantly late to meetings and didnt give effort...he was everything wrong with what they are trying to biuld here......say what you want about Star but the guy is durable....in shape....and is giving everything he has every week (right now Horrible Harry's everything looks better then Star's everything but your not gonna know that when it is time to get FA players......

Glenn.....I was a fan of Glenn and I really hated to lose him.....I think if Glenn is on the RT side of this OL and Dawkins on the LT side this OL looks so much better......but they were concerned at the time that he had a chronic injury and he was draft capital to move up for Josh Allen.

This is what happens when you rebuild.....

Swapping a guy who was unmotivated and a conern for getting suspended for a locker room guy who does everything asked of him......

That is the part you are missing.

Who’s job is it to motivate the players? I get what you’re saying but does it say anything that his former coach wanted him on his new team. Marrone was probably like “yeah he’s a bit frustrating at times, but that level of talent is worth it.”

I could get behind cutting him if it didn’t mean 13.5 in dead cap. That alone makes it asinine. 

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Watkins was in the last year of his contract, hence why he was a FA this year.  They declined his 5th year option and they literally said they didn't think they could resign him as to why they traded him. 

And sorry, this "isnt hard" statement is total nonsense.  There were a TON of question marks on Mahomes, he was no where close to some blue chip slam dunk.  So sorry bud, it IS HARD to predict the future, in fact impossible.  

And going into that draft the Defense was light years worse than our offense, in fact, Tyrod and the Bills were coming off a season as the the 6th highest scoring team in the league.  

You know what isnt hard?  Playing hindsight 20/20 game and making decisions after the future has happened. 

MORE importantly, no one will ever know if we made the right decision until they see what Allen does, REGARDLESS of what Mahomes does.  Because if Allen reaches his potential, NO ONE will care about Mahomes and the Bills will have come out GREAT getting both Tre and Allen in the last 2 drafts.  

They could have picked up his 5th year option, and had two years left. Something they would have done, with Mahomes in place. 

Patrick Mahomes was good enough for Andy Reid, but not Sean McDermott. I guess Andy Reid is better at predicting the future, then Sean McDermott

And yes, it isn't hard. 

39 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Darius saves us 2 million. So keeping Darius but not paying Coleman would have resulted in 1 Mil far from Sammy's 13 mil. 

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Darius saves us 2 million. So keeping Darius but not paying Coleman would have resulted in 1 Mil far from Sammy's 13 mil. 

Wrong. We signed star for 10 mil to replace dareus but are still penalized 13.5mil for dareus. So it’s 23.5 instead of 15.5ml against the cap. 

17 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Wtf are you talking about. Josh Allen is a starting qb too. The cupboard here is bare. Give Allen Hill and Kelce and a kc's o line then we can judge. It's a moot point.

We passed on a QB when we didn’t have one. That’s all I’m saying. Not saying he’s be a hall of fame player.

The Bills are allowed to have a good offense. Nothing is stopping them from building a competent online and skilled receivers. 

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Wrong. We signed star for 10 mil to replace dareus but are still penalized 13.5mil for dareus. So it’s 23.5 instead of 15.5ml against the cap. 

We passed on a QB when we didn’t have one. That’s all I’m saying. Not saying he’s be a hall of fame player.

The Bills are allowed to have a good offense. Nothing is stopping them from building a competent online and skilled receivers. 

How do you know they will not have a good offense....they are biting the crap sandwich this year....how do you know that they will not be making the needed moves to put people around Josh NEXT year?

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How do you know they will not have a good offense....they are biting the crap sandwich this year....how do you know that they will not be making the needed moves to put people around Josh NEXT year?

I guess I don’t know for sure, but the foreseeable options don’t look good. 

I hope they can start adding talent, but right now the FA options at WR look worse than Watkins.