What I would do.

Dkollidas

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Everyone keeps saying we have all this money next year but have you seen the FA WR crop? It's very weak we were better off signing a guy this past offseason and going that route. Randall Cobb and Golden Tate are basically it and I would bet they resign with their current teams before hitting the market. Just because you clean the deck and gain space does not promise improvements on the renovation.

You guys act like this is going to be turned around with just a bunch of free agent signings and draft next year. It won't. In fact, I see us signing a bunch of 1-year deals next year with veteran guys who bounce around because you have to spend so much of your cap. What the dead money being gone does, is allows you to go out and get a high priced free agent if one becomes available, whether that's next year or the following year. 

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

You guys act like this is going to be turned around with just a bunch of free agent signings and draft next year. It won't.

Some guys seem to think there's way to turn it around THIS year............by signing a few FA's and starting Allen............good grief !

36 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

You guys act like this is going to be turned around with just a bunch of free agent signings and draft next year. It won't. In fact, I see us signing a bunch of 1-year deals next year with veteran guys who bounce around because you have to spend so much of your cap. What the dead money being gone does, is allows you to go out and get a high priced free agent if one becomes available, whether that's next year or the following year. 

I never said that, but the team has only removed WR's and OL of talent and not brought any in for the QB. Yea they could wait another year to add talent like they have, but they need to give Allen help asap. You will not know what you have until the guy has some pieces to work with. I'd rather know by 2020 not 2022 because the Bills waited so dang long to put anything around him and we kept saying it's hard to judge what he has without a roster.

This year very much looks like a 3-13 type year and expectations next year shouldn't be much higher even if they do add talent. But people keep acting in this prism that the Bills had to wait until 2019 FA or later same with the draft to add pieces on the offense which I don't understand. Would the Bills have been any worse off long term adding for example John Brown & Justin Pugh which would've given some true depth and talent at OL/WR? The offense has literally added one true piece of talent in the last 2 years with Kelvin Benjamin who looks over his head at WR1. Yes they have Shady and Clay also but they have bled talent for years at WR and this last year OL. That makes it incredibly difficult to judge Allen regardless of how well he plays and pushes the buck further down the road.

Edited by corta765

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

I never said that, but the team has only removed WR's and OL of talent and not brought any in for the QB. Yea they could wait another year to add talent like they have, but they need to give Allen help asap. You will not know what you have until the guy has some pieces to work with. I'd rather know by 2020 not 2022 because the Bills waited so dang long to put anything around him and we kept saying it's hard to judge what he has without a roster.

This year very much looks like a 3-13 type year and expectations next year shouldn't be much higher even if they do add talent. But people keep acting in this prism that the Bills had to wait until 2019 FA or later same with the draft to add pieces on the offense which I don't understand. Would the Bills have been any worse off long term adding for example John Brown & Justin Pugh which would've given some true depth and talent at OL/WR? The offense has literally added one true piece of talent in the last 2 years with Kelvin Benjamin who looks over his head at WR1. Yes they have Shady and Clay also but they have bled talent for years at WR and this last year OL. That makes it incredibly difficult to judge Allen regardless of how well he plays and pushes the buck further down the road.

He said we offered him a contract but turned it down

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone screamed "Blow it up! Rebuild from top to bottom!" Now that they got their wish, all you can hear is"OMG! They blew it up! Fire everyone!"

Newsflash! The only talent still available is the dumpster dive variety. The cavalry is not coming.

We're rebuilding the roster from top to bottom. We'll need another year. Stop complaining. It won't help anything.

Edited by GreggTX