Michael Lombardi: Start Josh Allen; 'Ridiculous' to play Nate Peterman because offensive line stinks

the choice between Peterman and Allen clearly seems to be Allen, except that playing too soon, especially with this offensive (and it is offensive) line and receivers could ruin him.  We've been looking for a franchise QB since Kelly. I wonder if people think Kelly would have been ruined playing behind this line and with these receivers his rookie year. Not his first year with the Bills, but his first year after college. If you think Kelly would have survived, and you're looking for a Kelly replacement, I say start Allen

23 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If His slower delivery is an artifact of not undersranding the offense, then he’s just not ready.

Peterman is incapable of throwing many passes which you need to be able to throw in the NFL. So he’s not ready either. We are going to start a QB who is not ready. 

On 8/29/2018 at 12:19 PM, cd1 said:

Allen does just fine (for the most part). He just got rattled last week.  He will learn.

One of Nate's biggest assets is his ability to quickly read a defense and make adjustments. Nate's weak arm is his downfall. I think Nate will make for an excellent backup QB and a very good mentor in teaching Josh to "speed read" the defense. 

Personally, I think it would be great to let Josh play the whole game tomorrow night. The kid has got everything it will take to be our franchise guy. He just needs enough experience playing at the NFL level. To be able to play in a game where they are not sending out the wolves, he will get experience in more things than picking grass out of his teeth.

Make no mistake, Josh is our guy. He just needs some time to get up to speed.

IMHO

did he learn this ability to  quickly read defenses recently, because last year in his only start he just kept throwing the ball to the defense. 

7 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Peterman is incapable of throwing many passes which you need to be able to throw in the NFL. So he’s not ready either. We are going to start a QB who is not ready. 

You don’t have to twist my arm on that topic.  I’m supporting whatnot ready can mean for Allen.

i personally think Peterman looks like he’s running from a bee swarm under pressure and I don’t think he’s faced any this preseason based on how rotation worked out. 

Meanwhile allen looks like he’s a calm and cool as a free dB is in his face in 1.1 seconds. 

Hes my starter, but I respect the opinion of the Peterman is more ready right now guys... I see the point, despite disagreeing 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it will still lead to a lot of picks and poor decisions. I honestly have no idea what I'd do opening day at Quarterback.  My confidence in the pass protection is rock bottom and I don't know which is the least bad option. Maybe Peterman with a lot of pre-snap movement to try and diagnose the D as accurately as possible before the snap or maybe Allen with lots of RPO so he only has to read one defender and can get it out quicker?

I am very concerned either way.  

tenor.gif?itemid=4502747

but... a clue???

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/1035304350762127360

In warmups, #Bills QB Nathan Peterman is working with presumed starting center Ryan Groy, Josh Allen with Russell Bodine, and AJ McCarron with third-string Adam Redmond. More evidence that it’s the AJ show tonight. Also, fair to note the Peterman/Groy pairing.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

We didn't sell the ranch for Nate Petermann and whoever plays behind this OL is likely going to get hurt. Josh Allen already came within a hair's breadth of sustaining a concussion in just 1 half against a starting defense. Let's try to keep him alive, shall we? I know many are excited to see the rookie, but wisdom >> impatience. Let's not screw up Allen for future years.

Nate is the better QB and gives us the best shot in 2018

really - right now 

it's not even about protecting Josh

Nate earned this 

the other commentary about protecting our assets [Allen] are a bonus not a reason for the decision