Let there be songs, to fill the air....

The Poojer

There's something to be said for a well done hippie jam, big fan of Rusted Root stuff.

31 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I know, I know... It's not the dead. Some of my favorite hippie jams though... Or at least by my definition

My record store guy found me a pristine copy of Europe '72 out in the world (been out of print since the early 80's). It was well-worth the premium I paid. It's one of my two "unicorn" albums. Hundred Year Hall is great but not quite as good as Europe. Cornell '77 could rival it.

• Like (+1) 1

I've got the Europe '72 box set, all the shows in their entirety, it's a lot of fun to listen to...they were really on top of their game in 72, and like you mentioned 77.  I am now listening to the Jerry Garcia - Before the Dead collection, it's like you are sitting in a room with a bunch of musicians and experience them working through songs....really good stuff

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

My record store guy found me a pristine copy of Europe '72 out in the world (been out of print since the early 80's). It was well-worth the premium I paid. It's one of my two "unicorn" albums. Hundred Year Hall is great but not quite as good as Europe. Cornell '77 could rival it.

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

I've got the Europe '72 box set, all the shows in their entirety, it's a lot of fun to listen to...they were really on top of their game in 72, and like you mentioned 77.  I am now listening to the Jerry Garcia - Before the Dead collection, it's like you are sitting in a room with a bunch of musicians and experience them working through songs....really good stuff

Look up Jerry on "Live at Keystone." Incredible music.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually just read something about that the other day, got distracted before digging deeper into it.  Thanks for reminder and recommendation

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

Look up Jerry on "Live at Keystone." Incredible music.

27 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Europe'72 is my go-to for 5 songs....