Manual Transmission Thwarts Carjackering

/dev/null

I had to learn to drive a stick when I met my wife. She drove a powder blue Ford Pinto. It had a sunroof, but no AC, and we lived in the south. Her father told her if she could wait a few weeks, he could get her something nicer, but she just needed a car ASAP! She drove it forever! (We were poor and cheap.) Sometimes a little patience pays off! There were some hot days where I was hoping it would get blown up! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I had to learn to drive a stick when I met my wife. She drove a powder blue Ford Pinto. It had a sunroof, but no AC, and we lived in the south. Her father told her if she could wait a few weeks, he could get her something nicer, but she just needed a car ASAP! She drove it forever! (We were poor and cheap.) Sometimes a little patience pays off! There were some hot days where I was hoping it would get blown up! 

Hopefully not rear ended!

I would love a stick again. 

My two dream cars if I win Powerball.......

1. Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in the "special" yearly color. Yes I know it's not a stick but it's what I want, leave me alone.

2. Honda Accord 4-cylinder with a stick. I'd have both vehicles for the rest of my life.

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I would love a stick again. 

My two dream cars if I win Powerball.......

1. Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in the "special" yearly color. Yes I know it's not a stick but it's what I want, leave me alone.

2. Honda Accord 4-cylinder with a stick. I'd have both vehicles for the rest of my life.

You need to win the Powerball for these?

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Steve O said:

I'm 61, never owned anything buy manual transmission. For one thing they just take a little bit of the boredom out of driving. For another, as has been alluded to, it reduces the risk of theft by 90%.

I used to own a manual transmission car, but got tired of driving it in traffic.  Neutral to first, back to neutral, then to first and second (getting somewhere now), but alas no...back to first.