Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 6 - Officials at Practice Today to Cover Rule Changes

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This doesn't make any sense. Of course Trip is as cute as he looks. That's what "cute" is. How someone looks. Now, if Thad had said "Trip is tougher than he looks" or "Trip isn't as cute as he looks; in fact, he's a jerk," THAT would make sense. 

(disclaimer: I have never met Trip and do not know whether or not he is a jerk. I'm sure he's a nice kid. And he sure is cute.)

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it's 500 miles and then fall down at the door.

You gotta walk ANOTHER 500 miles before falling down at the door. Come on.

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 quick takeaways from Day 6 of Bills training camp

The intensity was cranked up for the quarterbacks on Day 6 of Buffalo Bills training camp from St. John Fisher College.

Prior to the start of practice, head coach Sean McDermott announced it’d be the first time the group consisting of AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman and rookie Josh Allen would see two-minute drills and third-down situational play.

How did the trio handle it? That and more in our three quick takeaways from Day 6 of Bills training camp:

Brian “Houdini” Daboll

Big day for defense

Quarterback saga continues

51 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That completion % is not as bad as it looks. They were running a lot of two minute drill stuff today. From reading the play by play Tweets, QBs were throwing balls away on purpose and spiking the ball. I remember one screen pass where they said Allen drilled the ball into the RBs feet because it was blown up.

The sacks a bad sign of things to come with the O-line though. Ugh.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

That completion % is not as bad as it looks. They were running a lot of two minute drill stuff today. From reading the play by play Tweets, QBs were throwing balls away on purpose and spiking the ball. I remember one screen pass where they said Allen drilled the ball into the RBs feet because it was blown up.

The sacks a bad sign of things to come with the O-line though. Ugh.  

Agree. All things considered the OL has me way more worried than the QB performances. Hopefully we can pick up a decent camp casualty on the line.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The theme I am seeing from Thad Brown is not that he hates Allen.....it is that he wants Allen to be great immediately so he EXPECTS consistant great throws

Unfortunately rookie thoooooo

He's reporting on what he sees both good and bad.  In any event, he's just one set of eyes among many and it's nothing to get exercised over.  :beer:

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The theme I am seeing from Thad Brown is not that he hates Allen.....it is that he wants Allen to be great immediately so he EXPECTS consistant great throws

Unfortunately rookie thoooooo

Criticizing the writers for a small market football team? Relax people! He's just some guy doing his job and he has some thoughts he's jotting down on Twitter.

I can't believe I live in a world where Thad Brown's tweets' word choices are part of the Bills pre-season discussion. 

Many thanks to the voices reporting from camp, and 26 (and others) who repeat those tweets here. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"Ramon Humber ran off field visibly upset at one point; might have been 12 on the field."

There's no crying in football. What kind of pansy ass team is McDermott running here? Did Ramon run over to the "safe tent"? I'm so done with this team.

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Criticizing the writers for a small market football team? Relax people! He's just some guy doing his job and he has some thoughts he's jotting down on Twitter.

I can't believe I live in a world where Thad Brown's tweets' word choices are part of the Bills pre-season discussion. 

Many thanks to the voices reporting from camp, and 26 (and others) who repeat those tweets here. 

Well, it's those "word choices" that speak directly to his understanding of the game and, by extension, his very credibility as a reporter. Sorry, but you can't "report" a deliberate throwaway by a QB as a "brutal incompletion" and not expect to be taken to task for it. 

• Like (+1) 2