Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice 5 - Closed to the Public

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

All changes from the previous day are in bold.

day5offense_1533048588801_93825143_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

day5defense_1533048588767_93825142_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

Has Siran Neal cracked the 2nd team yet? He seemed like a good under the radar pick - but if he can't even practice with the second team... eek

Buffalo Bills training camp recap: day 5 provides more fireworks, solid offense

On the fifth day of training camp, the Buffalo Bills continued rotating their quarterbacks while providing some encouraging signs overall about the offense. While the defensive secondary has been the focus of much praise from fans and pundits alike, and the wide receivers have been almost universally maligned, the wideouts won the majority of the battles today.

Our recap today is brought to you by the reporters in attendance at today’s practice, since the session was closed to the public. Thank you to all the beat writers working to bring rabid fans like us the kind of coverage Bills Mafia deserves!

Just now, donbb said:

Has Siran Neal cracked the 2nd team yet? He seemed like a good under the radar pick - but if he can't even practice with the second team... eek

It could be that they plan on using him as a gadget player and are waiting for him to become familiar with the Defense first.

Nothing about shaq? Had a nice opportunity with murphy out today too. Great.

Allen missing short easy throws scares me. It seems like that could plague him, you scratch your head one minute and then he comes back with a beauty. 

That is really frustrating. Its still early though

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Just now, whatdrought said:

It could be that they plan on using him as a gadget player and are waiting for him to become familiar with the Defense first.

Perhaps - I could see him as the top practice squad candidate for a red shirt year if the regime is thinking this way.

Just now, donbb said:

Perhaps - I could see him as the top practice squad candidate for a red shirt year if the regime is thinking this way.

Hard to imagine him sitting untouched on the practice squad for a year. The fact of the matter is that we have a very good starting safety tandem, and decent depth. Other teams would likely see him as an improvement over their depth. 

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Glad to hear it. I hope they all do well.

This is something we never really heard in the past.  I didn't start really reading training camp reports until JP Losman was here.

He was supposedly looking good in camp.  Outside of that, it's generally not good reports about our QB's.  Shocker right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, donbb said:

Has Kelvin Benjamin been the offensive camp MVP through this practice? From the reports I've read, it seems that way.

Disagree. Sounds like he did have a few nice catches, but it also sounds like he had just as many tough drops. Can't have easy drops from our WR 1. Not terribly worried, but I wouldn't call him day MVP. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  

IMO, his camp performance so far has been better than EJ Manuel ever was.  You never really heard Manuel making great throws every practice.

Allen is still missing targets he should hit but also making a lot of great plays.  Definitely encouraging.

Good point.  I remember rooting so hard for EJ but you never saw an "EJ just made an amazing throw" tweet.  It seems the phrase of TC is "The Josh Allen Experience" -- which means some head-scratching misfires but plenty of awe-inspiring plays.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Good point.  I remember rooting so hard for EJ but you never saw an "EJ just made an amazing throw" tweet.  It seems the phrase of TC is "The Josh Allen Experience" -- which means some head-scratching misfires but plenty of awe-inspiring plays.

I was always waiting to hear the reports where Manuel looked good or looking good.  Very rarely did you hear/read those.

So disappointing.

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hard to imagine him sitting untouched on the practice squad for a year. The fact of the matter is that we have a very good starting safety tandem, and decent depth. Other teams would likely see him as an improvement over their depth. 

I agree. Siran Neal was added for depth right now.

Gotta think that Special Teams is in his immediate future right now, but I believe he will get his opportunities on defense at some point.