Is it safe to say...

With Jason Peters, and Justin Bannan both on the o-line at some points last year..do you think mcnally was experimenting for this season? Plus with Mcfarland from last year and Gandy our pick up this year..and the draft coming..I think its safe to say that MM and TD have plenty of faith in Jim Mcnally to fix this o-line problem in house..

Thoughts?

With Jason Peters, and Justin Bannan both on the o-line at some points last year..do you think mcnally was experimenting for this season? Plus with Mcfarland from last year and Gandy our pick up this year..and the draft coming..I think its safe to say that MM and TD have plenty of faith in Jim Mcnally to fix this o-line problem in house..

Thoughts?

277616[/snapback]

Appears to be the case. Apparently, we move forward by moving back?

It seems we are relying to heavily on JP's legs and pocket presence, his legs we can count on, his presence is something learned and it wont help to try to learn under constant pressure.

I dont understand the tactics at all.

Lets say we get Baas, OK now we have an upgrade at LG, we still dont have an upgrade at LT unless someone believes Teague or M Williams plays LT better than Jennings, I dont see THAT as being true.

Id would have preferred to stay put at LT and draft a LG or even downgrade at LG instead of the reverse. Thats SCARRY.

Thoughts?

277616[/snapback]

I highly doubt we'll use what we have. The offseason is long.

Thoughts?

277616[/snapback]

Maybe it's just me, but the thought of Bannon or Peters being starters on the OL in 2005 is as far fetched as it gets. Bannan played a handful of plays at guard in a goal line situation....OK. Peters was so bad at blocking from the TE position that he got cut and now he is going to play the key position on the OL where his main responsibility is to BLOCK. I agree with Todd. The off season is long and somewhere down the line players will be brought in via draft, FA or trade before you see Bannan or Peters starting on opening day.

That being said, do they have potential to be OL starters in a couple of years? Only McNally knows and time will tell.

We still have the draft, which is deep in o-lineman

and we have June 1 cuts.

Be patient.

277851[/snapback]

Deep in INTERIOR OL, not so much tackles. Barnes, Barron, and Brown are the class of the OT class. From that point on, they're a step or two down.

The June 1st cuts are one reason why I wouldn't push the panic button at this point.

Are you telling the members of the Stadium Wall to be patient?

I think TD will get Shelton at some point with Az. Maybe when the draft starts or something to that effect.

277886[/snapback]

Let's say they get Shelton - do folks consider that an upgrade, downgrade, or a wash? I personally see it as somewhat of a wash - we gain in run blocking ability but lose some in pass pro. In my mind right now, bringing in Shelton is probably the best scenario, as our options are dwindling. We won't get any of the top OT's in the draft who can step in and start, and I think Shelton is better than Teqgue at LT. This move would allow us to keep Teague at C, where he's adequate. Then we can get a Bass or someone in the first day of the draft to step in and provide an immediate upgrade at LG. I'd also like to see a C selected so that he can be groomed.

So by training camp, I think the best we can hope for is:

Shelton-draft pick-Teague-Villarial-Williams

Just my humble opinion. If at any point it looks like we're going to be lining Bannan or Peters up as starters, I will have violent flashbacks to the Jerry Crafts decision :doh:

I would like to be patient, but now it seems that we are relying on the draft to fill our needs. How can we fill LT, LG and C in one draft?

I could have understood pursuing a reasonably priced guard and then using the first pick on a LT. That would be economical, since a free agent LT would be too expensive with our current cap situation. Of course this scenario could also mean that JP will get mushed since starting a rooke LT is never a good idea.

I would like to be patient, but now it seems that we are relying on the draft to fill our needs.  How can we fill LT, LG and C in one draft?

I could have understood pursuing a reasonably priced guard and then using the first pick on a LT.  That would be economical, since a free agent LT would be too expensive with our current cap situation.  Of course this scenario could also mean that JP will get mushed since starting a rooke LT is never a good idea.

278410[/snapback]

You're forgetting about the June 1st cap cuts. Don't knock it; the New England Patriots were able to get some pretty decent players after the cap cuts. All is not lost, contrary to what you read here on the Stadium Wall.

I would also like to point out that there are in fact a few free agents still roaming around out there.......

Roberto Garza - OG

and

Victor Riley - OT

are a couple of guys that might produce......

278458[/snapback]

The "hurry up and sign these guys" posts are forthcoming.

Thoughts?

277616[/snapback]

I don't think so. There is still the College Draft and

the June 1st cuts to go through. There should be plenty of options for the

bills to pursue that missing LG and LT players.

Thoughts?

277616[/snapback]

I think the Bills will look to the Draft to Upgrade the O-Line...But I imagine the Depth Chart at LT will read #1 - Jason Peters...#2 - Trey Teague at the start of Camp, and we'll just see what happens... :doh: