Bold NFL Predictions for 2018

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't remember who it was but someone was just on WGR about an hour ago.  He said it's not out of the question to have the Bills defense talked about in the top 5.  

Tasker exhibiting symptoms of CTE again?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Tasker exhibiting symptoms of CTE again?

It wasn't a WGR guy.  It was one of those Schefter's, LaConfora, Florio types of guys.  

He was talking about how we now have 2 bookend rushers, had Edmunds the best linebacker in the draft (ahead of Roquan) and our course our secondary is still strong.

Double digit sacks for one of our edge guys (im leaning towards Murphy) with Lawson surprising and getting 7 sacks as well. Our re-vamped front seven paired with our deeper secondary will result in us having one of the best defenses in the NFL (unless you ask anyone on the national level.) 

Baker Mayfield starts by game 3. Darnold by game 2. Rosen starts game 1. 

Allen doesn't get a start unless AJ "pulls" a Peterman. 

Direct TV throws me an unprecedented 3rd straight free season when I call them and open the conversation with "when is my contract up".

14 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

-AFC West is the worst division in the league.

Can see this being close as well.  I do think the Chargers are a playoff calibre team but Denver I expect to be really bad again, the Raiders look a combustable mess again and I do see the Cheifs taking a step or two back.  Everyone is focused on the transition from Smith to Mahomes.... but has anyone noticed their pass rush has slowly descended from formidable to anaemic over the last few seasons?

23 hours ago, eball said:

So my definition of "bold" means something that could foreseeably happen but is unlikely (i.e., less than 50% probability) given what we know currently.  On that basis:

- Zay Jones hauls in 50+ catches for 750+ yards and a handful of TDs

- Josh Allen pulls a "Russell Wilson" in training camp and the Bills can't help but have him start the season as QB1

- Pats*** win 10 or fewer games

- Browns finish 8--8

- Fish contend for worst record in league

- Bills win 2 of 3 @BAL, @GB, @MIN

Man if they win 2 of 3, I sure hope it's balt. And LA.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:39 AM, GunnerBill said:

They are on here somewhere... Sammy to be traded for a second round pick was one. Green Bay to miss the playoffs was another. Both NFC wildcards from the South. Can't remember what my other 2 correct were. But I did 4 Bills and 4 non Bills and hit on 5/8. 

So the full list of my correct bolds last year was:

Non-Bills

Denver to have one of the worst 5 records in the NFL, thereby ending up with a top 5 pick 

Green Bay to miss the playoffs

Both NFC wildcards from the South

Bills

Sammy to be trade for a 2nd round pick (I actually predicted 2nd and a 4th but I'll take 2nd and Gaines as a win)

Micah Hyde to have 6 INTs and make the Pro-Bowl (he actually had 5 and made the pro bowl but I am claiming that as a win too)

Okay I have given it some thought.  A lot of good ones already in this thread so I have tried to be different rather than repeating ones we have already had. As always trying to be Bold and yet realistic... 4 for the Bills and 4 for the rest of the league...

Bills

- 3 of the 6 players selected by the Bills in the 2017 NFL Draft are not on the 53 man active roster for week 1 at the Ravens.

- Buffalo's leading receiver (yards not receptions) for 2018 is not currently on the roster.

- A defensive tackle will lead the Bills in sacks.

- Matt Milano will lead the Bills in tackles and snag at least two INTs.

Rest of the NFL

- New England fail to make the AFC Championship game (Not bold enough? Go check the last time they didn't!)

- Three NFL Head Coaches will be fired before week 17.

- Alex Smith will throw more touchdown passes than Patrick Mahomes.

- At least 4 of the 12 teams who made the playoffs in 2017 will have losing records in 2018.