President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If Obama was suspected of being a traitor, like some see Trump as, I wouldn't want him picking the judges who will diretly preside over his issue either. 

Some did see Obama as a traitor.  And you're complaining his judicial nomination didn't get rubber-stamped by the Senate.

You are so full of ****, you really need help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Cinga said:

You're such a disingenuous type aren't you? No hearings on Garland and correctly so since they only followed the "Biden Rule". But how 'bout Sotomayor or Kagan? The Reps had every chance to throw a temper tantrum then but didn't.... I wonder why and don't even claim they were such outstanding characters. Hell, Kagan had never even served as a judge!

As for your dishonest question of recusal, let's play a game... Since Ginsberg, Sotomayor, and Kagan have all spoken out publicly against Trump, shouldn't they have to recuse themselves from ANYTHING associated with him?

100% correct, in context and no reply necessary. 

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Senate?? That's funny! Obama won the election, what about that will of the people? You make a silly argument. You just think Republicans will is the will of the people 

The President nominates, silly boy, and former President Obama did just that. No outcry, no wailing at the Washington monument, and I agree with you 100% that the will of the people was served in that regard.  I say that in spite of the fact that I was not a fan of then President Obama. It's unfortunate that in this case, the nomination was akin to winning the popular vote, which might provide some lasting sentimental memory, and may well go on the shelf next to the Best Smile-Right Fielder trophy from a winless little league season, but it means little in the grand scheme of things.  

But this boils down to understanding the rules for confirming a nominee, and it's vital for you to understand that's a crucial part of the process. I can't help you if you think nominee = confirmation. Read a book sometime. 

On the other hand I am ok with calling the Obama nominee "Special Nominated Honorary Justice Merrick Garland" if it would ease your pain. 

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

As for your dishonest question of recusal, let's play a game... Since Ginsberg, Sotomayor, and Kagan have all spoken out publicly against Trump, shouldn't they have to recuse themselves from ANYTHING associated with him?

No, nice try, but exercising freedom of speech is completely different from being picked for your job by a person who might have issues before the court. 

By your standard, Gorsuch couldn't judge Trump either because he spoke out, also, neither could Roberts, who swore him in. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The President nominates, silly boy, and former President Obama did just that. No outcry, no wailing at the Washington monument, and I agree with you 100% that the will of the people was served in that regard.  I say that in spite of the fact that I was not a fan of then President Obama. It's unfortunate that in this case, the nomination was akin to winning the popular vote, which might provide some lasting sentimental memory, and may well go on the shelf next to the Best Smile-Right Fielder trophy from a winless little league season, but it means little in the grand scheme of things.  

But this boils down to understanding the rules for confirming a nominee, and it's vital for you to understand that's a crucial part of the process. I can't help you if you think nominee = confirmation. Read a book sometime. 

On the other hand I am ok with calling the Obama nominee "Special Nominated Honorary Justice Merrick Garland" if it would ease your pain. 

I'm not against his nomination, I just think he should recuse himself on issues involving the guy who picked him 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm not against his nomination, I just think he should recuse himself on issues involving the guy who picked him 

But you want a blanket preemptive statement of recusal, before a case gets to the court, before there's even a case.

That's now how the federal court system works.  First you need a case, then the case has to go through all the lower courts, then the case has to be filed with the Supreme Court, then the court has to decide to hear it (which happens in about 1% of filings).  Then there's something to recuse himself from.

Plus...you're demanding a blanket preemptive statement of recusal based on patronage.  Which is even more retarded.  By that argument, Ginsburg should have recused herself from Bush v. Gore.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But you want a blanket preemptive statement of recusal, before a case gets to the court, before there's even a case.

That's now how the federal court system works.  First you need a case, then the case has to go through all the lower courts, then the case has to be filed with the Supreme Court, then the court has to decide to hear it (which happens in about 1% of filings).  Then there's something to recuse himself from.

Plus...you're demanding a blanket preemptive statement of recusal based on patronage.  Which is even more retarded.  By that argument, Ginsburg should have recused herself from Bush v. Gore.

Prog-Fascists don't do reason or facts. They don't even realize they're prog-fascists half the time because: EMOTIONS!

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-Fascists don't do reason or facts. They don't even realize they're prog-fascists half the time because: EMOTIONS!

They also don't do rules or procedure.  They think governance requires the Nietzschiean ubermensch, which is what makes them fascists to begin with.

• Like (+1) 2

Asked if Trump could pardon himself, he wouldn't answer. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

They also don't do rules or procedure.  They think governance requires the Nietzschiean ubermensch, which is what makes them fascists to begin with.

Who is them? You got names?