Summit Predictions

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The North Koreans are laughing at Trump. They played him for a fool and are urniating on him as the "negotiations" end 

you do realize this is all negotiating tactics, right? i mean you of anyone ought to know that everything is to be played in the court of public opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tibs takes the word of Kim and the DPRK's state media over all else, because listening to state-sponsored media and elevating them to oracle status is how he rolls. :lol: 

Wasn't he telling us for weeks how Kim is a murderer and a dictator who shouldn't be trusted... I guess he meant unless the message is anti-Trump, then it doesn't matter who's delivering that message, it should be believed! 

That's how liberals suddenly came to embrace known liars like these: 

Image result for clapper and brennan

Despite it going against the core principles of liberalism. 

Do you still believe a deal was done months ago?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Haven't seen a single thing to make me think otherwise yet. 

Everything on track. 

Pompeo saying talks were productive and North Korea saying we are demanding too much and being gangster like sounds like the opposite of a deal already being done in my opinion. 

I love the fact that they have stopped nuke tests and rocket launches though. Being tough and making demands sounds like a better foreign policy than taking the backseat like we did under Obama. 

30 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Pompeo saying talks were productive and North Korea saying we are demanding too much and being gangster like sounds like the opposite of a deal already being done in my opinion. 

I love the fact that they have stopped nuke tests and rocket launches though. Being tough and making demands sounds like a better foreign policy than taking the backseat like we did under Obama. 

Remember the full context. There's not only an internal war at home going on between the administration and coup plotters (who wish to taint anything he touches, including peace deals), there's also an escalation of the trade battle with China (who still has its hands inside the DPRK, especially its state sponsored media). Rhetoric is to be expected, as is posturing - especially in light of the above. 

But we've also seen: 

1. Hostages returned. 

2. One on one talks with Trump and Kim (that extend beyond the summit), by phone and have been going on for months. 

3. Remains of fallen soldiers are already being returned, with more to come. 

4. DPRK has moved back its artillery forces, begun dismantling anti-american/anti-western propaganda outlets. 

5. Already working on the third of multiple "summits" to work on the details. 

6. No nuclear tests or missile tests in 8 months. 

No one backed away from the table. No one said the denuclearization deal is in danger or off. All that's happened is rhetoric - filtered through two different state sponsored media industries (here in the US and abroad). 

This is a (dis)information war above all else. The disinformation comes fast and heavy from all sides. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remember the full context. There's not only an internal war at home going on between the administration and coup plotters (who wish to taint anything he touches, including peace deals), there's also an escalation of the trade battle with China (who still has its hands inside the DPRK, especially its state sponsored media). Rhetoric is to be expected, as is posturing - especially in light of the above. 

But we've also seen: 

1. Hostages returned. 

2. One on one talks with Trump and Kim (that extend beyond the summit), by phone and have been going on for months. 

3. Remains of fallen soldiers are already being returned, with more to come. 

4. DPRK has moved back its artillery forces, begun dismantling anti-american/anti-western propaganda outlets. 

5. Already working on the third of multiple "summits" to work on the details. 

6. No nuclear tests or missile tests in 8 months. 

No one backed away from the table. No one said the denuclearization deal is in danger or off. All that's happened is rhetoric - filtered through two different state sponsored media industries (here in the US and abroad). 

This is a (dis)information war above all else. The disinformation comes fast and heavy from all sides. 

Good stuff, and very encouraging to say the least. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Good stuff, and very encouraging to say the least. 

Just for the record, I'm always willing to reassess my positions/opinions/understandings based on new information. If Kim starts lighting off missiles, or Pompeo says they've reached an impasse - I'll acknowledge that the information was false and I was wrong. Never above that.

But I do expect a lot of posturing (for various reasons) between now and the finish line. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

Wait, what?

China and the US are in a trade war as of this week. Kim's visited China twice now, including immediately after the Trump/Kim summit. China has always had a big say in what positions the Kim dynasty takes on the public stage and the machinations behind the scenes. As much as the DPRK has been a puppet state of various western interests, China (especially Chinese organized crime) has always had its hand deep in Kim's pockets. 

I think a lot of the public push back from the DPRK (which has not deterred or altered the continuation of talks mind you), was done on China's behalf. The US media will run with it, use it as arrows against Trump - which gives Xi a card to play in the ongoing trade war. Basically, remove the tariffs and progress with Kim (publicly) will go on as before. 

Note too that China was instrumental in imposing the sanctions which brought the DPRK to the table... until the last two months before the summit when the trade war talks were ramping up. The summit being canceled was (imo) prompted by Xi more than Kim or anything Bolton said. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The North Koreans are laughing at Trump. They played him for a fool and are urniating on him as the "negotiations" end 

We laugh at -- and urinate on -- you. What's your point?

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Because you hate a sitting President you are gonna side with NK? A big nuclear threat to SK, Japan, Hawaii and our WC.

Is your hate really this deranged?

Look, you can hate Trump all you want, but to side with the NK dictator is just disgusting.

By the way, you won't be laughing if you wake up in a nuclear holocaust one day.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

By the way, you won't be laughing if you wake up in a nuclear holocaust one day.

Depends on the body count - he might find it downright hysterical.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the liberal media is hoping and wishing Trump can't make a deal with NoKo?

It's almost like they act like totally predictable bumps, obstacles and dissembling by our enemies mean there's no hope ever.

Nah. must be just me.

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

you do realize this is all negotiating tactics, right? i mean you of anyone ought to know that everything is to be played in the court of public opinion.

Lol, calling NK is just mocking them and laughing at Trump. They are saying "Negotiate this" 

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

A nuclear incident = Gleeful Gator's House of Comedy.

No, NK is not a nuclear threat, remember?? 

Ha ha ha