[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I just checked and Nylander is not going to be at the prospect camp. But that doesn't change the fact that if he can develop that it would certainly be a boost for the team, even if it materializes later on. 

You don't find it odd that he's not participating, yet less than 24 hrs prior he was on the developmental camp roster? 

— The Carter Hutton sweepstakes hasn’t received quite the hype as the John Tavares talks, but for teams looking for a goalie, he’s the best available. And the finish line is getting close. According to an NHL source, Hutton visited Buffalo on Wednesday and has narrowed his options down considerably from the double-digit number of teams that reached out to him. That he was in Buffalo is a sign of how interested he is in that possibility.

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

He is their #1 center prospect, and one of the top 2 prospects in their system (I'd say #1). 

I wuld say hes roughly around a Casey Mittelstadt level prospect, give or take, so it would be a good get. 

I would be surprised if they parted with him. 

Where did you hear these rumors? Is it a reliable source? 

Man, I would love that Parayko trade. He is exactly who I've been hoping for in a trade with St. Louis, and that's exactly the type of return I'd be looking for in a ROR deal.

I would be pretty surprised if they also sent a 1st back with Parayko though. I'd be perfectly happy with Parayko for ROR 1for1... Sobotka wuld be a nice add to help fill ROR's spot this season. I'd d Parayko and Sobotka for ROR and McCabe and d be happy about it.  

Now that Robert Thomas trade...that needs another piece from the Blues (in my opinion). That trade I would want their 1st, and maybe even another +.

Jake Allen isn't much better than a cap dump at this point. He sucks and is signed for 3 more years. If we are taking on Allen and paying ROR his $7.5M lump sum bonus check on top of that... yeah, St. Louis should definitely be adding something else. 

A trade with St. Louis wouldn't happen until after July 1st IMO. 

I can't see the Blues owner paying that bonus money a couple days after getting ROR. He's not exactly known as a big spender and has a pretty strict internal cap (from what I've read). 

With Buffalo paying the bonus money, I think that Parayko deal (even without the 1st) would be a fair trade in my book. After July 1st, ROR is only owed $25M in real dollars over the last 5yrs of his deal. That is dirt cheap for a guy who would pretty much be their #1C (allowing Brayden Schenn to get more favorable o zone starts etc). I know his cap hit is $7.5M, but the Blues are never a Cap ceiling team anyway (iirc). I think/hope the real dollars paid may be more important to their owner (and GM).

I just hope Botterill gets a good return on ROR if/when he is traded. 

That stuff about a 1st and a couple 2nds (or a 1st, 2nd and prospect) scares me. I have no interest in trading ROR for a few draft picks that will likely be in the 20's or later. Those picks have a pretty low percentage of ever turning into as good a player as ROR is. Plus, we don't exactly have a tried and tested scouting dept right now. This was their 1st draft and #1 was a no brained... I haven't seen enough of them yet to know whether or not to have confidence in their ability to turn up a good player in the later 1st and 2nd rounds. And what would a return of all futures like that say to the fans?

A ROR trade will tell us a lot about Jason Botterill as a GM. It's not like the Kane deadline deal, where he didn't have any real leverage and only had 1 legit offer from the sound of it. 

Botterill holds the cards in a ROR trade. There are 5yrs left on his deal, and Buffalo doesn't have anyone to fill his role. They don't Have To trade him this season, or even next. ROR also has a very good reputation around the league. It's not a Kane situation. 

He has to get a good return for ROR. The Sabres can't afford to absorb any more bad trades. 

I consider the source reliable.  If we trade O'Reilly to the Blues, Pareyko simply has to be part of the return.  The rumor this morning is Pareyko, Sobotka, and a first.  I would take that deal too.  I don't think you can ever have enough draft swings, especially in the first round.  Pareyko fills an enormous need, Sobotka is a serviceable bottom six, PK guy, and it would give us 4 first round picks over the next two seasons.  I don't think Botts squanders the draft capital like GMTM did.

I don't see how Allen is any part of the deal, even though that was the initial rumor.  It really didn't make sense from the Blues perspective unless they were going to re-sign Carter Hutton.  Moving Allen means they have pretty much no goalies that have NHL experience in their entire organization.  On top of that, Allen has been wildly inconsistent and might be at the very bottom of his value.

I wouldn't trade ROR for only picks unless it was at least 3 firsts.  I was all about letting Vanek go to Edmonton for 4 firsts - there aren't any players in the NHL worth 4 firsts, so if anyone is willing to part with that kind of bounty, I would be all over it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

You don't find it odd that he's not participating, yet less than 24 hrs prior he was on the developmental camp roster? 

He didn't participate yesterday either. 

He is still at development camp (sabres even had him live on Facebook for a Q&A yesterday), but he just has a minor injury. After what happened with his injury last season (aggravating it and making it worse, which caused him to miss months instead of weeks) I think Buffalo is just being cautious. 

We don't know when the injury happened either. It could have just happened in the last couple/few days for all we know. 

Plus, He's not the only prospect being held off the ice with a minor injury. 

14 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He didn't participate yesterday either. 

He is still at development camp (sabres even had him live on Facebook for a Q&A yesterday), but he just has a minor injury. After what happened with his injury last season (aggravating it and making it worse, which caused him to miss months instead of weeks) I think Buffalo is just being cautious. 

We don't know when the injury happened either. It could have just happened in the last couple/few days for all we know. 

Plus, He's not the only prospect being held off the ice with a minor injury. 

From The Athletic:

Sam Reinhart could be at center of Buffalo's plans for next...

*Alex Nylander, who joins Mittelstadt as the Sabres’ top forward prospects, won’t skate during the camp because of a lingering injury.

“Everything at this point is precautionary,” Greeley said. “He’s here. He’s doing all the off-ice workouts.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I consider the source reliable.  If we trade O'Reilly to the Blues, Pareyko simply has to be part of the return.  The rumor this morning is Pareyko, Sobotka, and a first.  I would take that deal too.  I don't think you can ever have enough draft swings, especially in the first round.  Pareyko fills an enormous need, Sobotka is a serviceable bottom six, PK guy, and it would give us 4 first round picks over the next two seasons.  I don't think Botts squanders the draft capital like GMTM did.

I don't see how Allen is any part of the deal, even though that was the initial rumor.  It really didn't make sense from the Blues perspective unless they were going to re-sign Carter Hutton.  Moving Allen means they have pretty much no goalies that have NHL experience in their entire organization.  On top of that, Allen has been wildly inconsistent and might be at the very bottom of his value.

I wouldn't trade ROR for only picks unless it was at least 3 firsts.  I was all about letting Vanek go to Edmonton for 4 firsts - there aren't any players in the NHL worth 4 firsts, so if anyone is willing to part with that kind of bounty, I would be all over it.

The iteration that had McCabe going over there made the most sense to me.  If they're moving Pareyko, they're going to need something coming back on the blueline.  Maybe they would make that replacement on the free agency market, but I think they'd much rather get the guaranteed return of depth from the trade itself.

3 hours ago, GG said:

Not really. He might have a minor injury he is healing from that is not worth the risk of playing at this venue. 

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am saying right now Nylander in trade with ROR. 

I am saying right now that Nylander will not be included in a ROR trade. He has been somewhat of a disappointment but he is so young that it would be foolish to let a player go who has so much skill. Why be so eager to shed a young talent who is not even 20 yrs old yet? Players develop at different rates. Even if he starts the season in Rochester it is too soon to make a conclusive judgment on him. I don't know if he will turn out to be a good NHL player. But I want to give him the time for him to demonstrate whether that he can or can not play with the big club. Trust me, being patient won't hurt you. You may be pleasantly surprised with the eventual outcome. 

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am saying right now Nylander in trade with ROR. 

There was a guy by the name of Dan Buffa who covers the Blues who says that Nylander will indeed be dealt to the Blues along with ROR.  He was just on WGR. 

Buffa also stated that Blues' prospect Robert Thomas is not on the ice at their development camp as he is also going to be part of the deal. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yeah, I trust Jeremy Rutherford a whole lot more than Dan Buffa. 

According to St. Louis fans, I guess that Dan Buffa isn't even a radio show host. He contributes once in a while to the radio show. They said he's a film critic, unpaid blogger and Uber driver. Basically just a knowledgeable fan with no snide sources according to them. 

Edited by BillsFan4

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, I trust Jeremy Rutherford a whole lot more than Dan Buffa. 

According to St. Louis fans, I guess that Dan Buffa isn't even a radio show host. He contributes once in a while to the radio show. They said he's an unpaid blogger and Uber driver. Basically just a knowledgeable fan with no snide sources according to them.  

WE have too many centers now to trade our second best player for a C prospect. Get a Top 4 D and some winger help.