[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Sabres haven't won 4 in a row since 2014...come on, boys!

FYI, they're currently on pace for 100 pts., which would have netted them the #1 WC last season.

give me 2 points out of next 3..i am happy

3... i am ecstaic and booking hotels in Buffalo in mid-April!!!

And man, the Eastern Conference is gonna be a dogfight this year. I have not really studied the "advanced numbers" for teams outside of the Sabres..so have no idea if someone who was expected to be bad like the Rangers.SEns, Red Wings are winning with crazy high shot percentages ot save percentages etc..so not sure if you can expect a slide back from anyone.

Any of you crazy number guys any help on that? 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

And man, the Eastern Conference is gonna be a dogfight this year. I have not really studied the "advanced numbers" for teams outside of the Sabres..so have no idea if someone who was expected to be bad like the Rangers.SEns, Red Wings are winning with crazy high shot percentages ot save percentages etc..so not sure if you can expect a slide back from anyone.

Any of you crazy number guys any help on that? 

I read an article on the Athletic a few days ago that looked at teams who have started quickly, trying to predict which ones will backslide...thankfully they didn't think the Sabres are one of them!

The Jets (11-5-1) didn't do full line rushes as part of Friday's pre-game skate, but based on Thursday's practice, the lines are expected to look similar to the way they finished the 3-1 win over the Washington Capitals.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Petan-Roslovic-Perreault

Morrissey-Trouba
Chiarot-Byfuglien
Morrow-Myers

• Like (+1) 1

Sabres at Jets Preview

by Scott Billeck / NHL.com Correspondent

Sabres Projected Lineup

Jeff Skinner -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart

Carter Hutton

Injured: Scott Wilson (ankle), Matt Hunwick (neck)

Jets Projected Lineup

Nikolaj Ehlers -- Mark Scheifele -- Blake Wheeler

Laurent Brossoit

Scratched: Brendan Lemieux, Sami Niku
Injured: Dmitry Kulikov (upper body)

Status Report

Berglund returns after being a healthy scratch against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday. … Morrissey was fined $8,467.74 for unsportsmanlike conduct on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sabres at Jets Preview

by Scott Billeck / NHL.com Correspondent

Sabres Projected Lineup

Jeff Skinner -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart

Carter Hutton

Injured: Scott Wilson (ankle), Matt Hunwick (neck)

Jets Projected Lineup

Nikolaj Ehlers -- Mark Scheifele -- Blake Wheeler

Laurent Brossoit

Scratched: Brendan Lemieux, Sami Niku
Injured: Dmitry Kulikov (upper body)

Status Report

Berglund returns after being a healthy scratch against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday. … Morrissey was fined $8,467.74 for unsportsmanlike conduct on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie on Wednesday.

Housley just can’t help himself. The second line listed above has the makings of a disaster; slow, slower, slowest. Please prove me wrong, Phil.

What did Rodriguez do to piss off the coach, anyway? Makes no sense to me to remove a player that can skate and generate offense. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Housley just can’t help himself. The second line listed above has the makings of a disaster; slow, slower, slowest. Please prove me wrong, Phil.

What did Rodriguez do to piss off the coach, anyway? Makes no sense to me to remove a player that can skate and generate offense. 

He should be in every game IMO.

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My only guess is that Larsson is being showcased.  He hasn't earned to be playing over Rodz

9 minutes ago, GG said:

My only guess is that Larsson is being showcased.  He hasn't earned to be playing over Rodz

Larsson is #1 on the team in short handed ice time per game, doubling the amount of time Rodrigues gets.  That's your answer right there.

1 hour ago, GG said:

Could be. But Larsson has been a surprise and has solidified a solid fourth line (before Housley took Berglund off it) and he’s a good penalty killer. I think all the competition lit a fire under him. 

The player who hasn’t earned anything so far is Thompson. He’s a liability on the fourth line (hello Berglund) and certainly doesn’t generate offense like Erod. I just don’t understand Housley at times. He tinkers just for the sake of tinkering it seems to me. 

I happened to catch Hamilton’s report this morning on WGR and the way he described practice is concerning. Elie as an 8th dman on a pair with Nelson? Erod just leaning on his stick off to the side for most of the practice? He said he’s observed this routinely and asked the question, how does it benefit Elie or Thompson (when he’s a scratch) to be defensemen in practice? Why would you have Erod not participating in anything but drills? 

I hope Botterill has Quenneville on speed dial.

Edited by K-9

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Paul Hamilton, Howard Simon and Jeremy White from WGR all made the same point that the demotion of Rodriquez is perplexing. Rodriquez may not be the best finisher but in the games he has played his line has been very active causing the opposition to respond to them more than they responding to the other line. 

With respect to the Sobotka-Bergulund-Pominville line my guess is this third line was put together because of its collective size trying to counter a very big team. However, I'm with you that I would rather see Rodriquez playing. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Paul Hamilton, Howard Simon and Jeremy White from WGR all made the same point that the demotion of Rodriquez is perplexing. Rodriquez may not be the best finisher but in the games he has played his line has been very active causing the opposition to respond to them more than they responding to the other line. 

With respect to the Sobotka-Bergulund-Pominville line my guess is this third line was put together because of its collective size trying to counter a very big team. However, I'm with you that I would rather see Rodriquez playing. 

Good point about adding more size as the Peg do have some bigger players. But in today's league, speed kills and I'd rather have Erod's speed in the lineup and Berglund back on that effective fourth line with Larsson and Girgs. 

Hopefully, Housley will make a fool of me.