Shady on verge of cementing HoF status?

Shady on verge of cementing HoF status?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is lesean McCoy a HoF?

On 6/4/2018 at 1:42 AM, Utah John said:

The criteria sports writers use to evaluate a player's career are silly.  A great player might never play on a great team.  That's not his fault.  His accomplishments should be be given MORE weight if his team doesn't make the playoffs consistently, because it indicates he's not riding on someone else's abilities to get things done. 

Barrry Sanders played on awful teams.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Very true. My only worry is being THE guy with the worst receiver group in the league, a below average offensive line, and an inexperienced QB. Opposing defensive coordinators will load the box against this Bills team. There is no way you can allow Shady to beat you, as he is the Bills only weapon. It doesn’t seem like a recipe for big numbers.  It’s tough to imagine Shady averaging more than 4 ypg this season imo.

I hope that you’re correct because he will definitely be given plenty of opportunities. I wish I were more confident that it will translate to big numbers. Staying healthy will also be a big challenge for a back his age carrying a huge workload. 

So you mean exactly like last year?

McCoy has basically been our only weapon since he has been here. I guess Watkins was a weapon here, but he was always injured or under utilized.

McCoy will be McCoy. He's special because he CAN be the only weapon and still produce. He'll always have those negative yardage plays, but he'll get those big 20-30 yard runs two plays later.

Edited by MJS

11 hours ago, MJS said:

So you mean exactly like last year?

McCoy has basically been our only weapon since he has been here. I guess Watkins was a weapon here, but he was always injured or under utilized.

McCoy will be McCoy. He's special because he CAN be the only weapon and still produce. He'll always have those negative yardage plays, but he'll get those big 20-30 yard runs two plays later.

Exactly my point. I’m not convinced that a couple more years of those stats are going to get him in the Hall. McCoy is a special player, but he’d be putting up monster numbers elsewhere. McCoy’s production last season was nothing short of incredible, considering what surrounded him. Unfortunately, I think that Hall voters might want to see bigger numbers. He isn’t going to rush for much over 1K in Buffalo. 

8 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Exactly my point. I’m not convinced that a couple more years of those stats are going to get him in the Hall. McCoy is a special player, but he’d be putting up monster numbers elsewhere. McCoy’s production last season was nothing short of incredible, considering what surrounded him. Unfortunately, I think that Hall voters might want to see bigger numbers. He isn’t going to rush for much over 1K in Buffalo. 

If McCoy gets to 12,000 plus yards it would be odd for him not to be in the HoF.

43 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

1300 yds led the league last year so over 1000 is still a very good year. I am not sure what numbers would get him in but a couple more 1000 yard seasons would have to put him in strong consideration. McCoy contributes more in the passing game than most rbs as well. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

If McCoy gets to 12,000 plus yards it would be odd for him not to be in the HoF.

That’s not the marker it used to be though. Edge James has over 12000 in 11 seasons and is 12th all time among backs in scrimmage yds with just over 15000 and has anyone even heard a whisper of talks for him and the HOF? 

Shady most definitely has some serious work ahead of him. 

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That’s not the marker it used to be though. Edge James has over 12000 in 11 seasons and is 12th all time among backs in scrimmage yds with just over 15000 and has anyone even heard a whisper of talks for him and the HOF? 

Shady most definitely has some serious work ahead of him. 

Yeah, not sure why Edge isn't in, but I can only assume that most of the voters think he benefited greatly from Manning.

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah, not sure why Edge isn't in, but I can only assume that most of the voters think he benefited greatly from Manning.

His numbers were staggering for a good span. 

Then you have a guy like gore. Really only ever elite in one season when he posted 1600 rushing. The rest just very solid over and over and over again.... now over 14,000 rushing. 

I mean what do you do with a guy like that? Consistency has to count for something but he was rarely considered a top 5 back in his generation. He’s like the art monk of rb’s. Hard to deny the raw numbers 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

His numbers were staggering for a good span. 

Then you have a guy like gore. Really only ever elite in one season when he posted 1600 rushing. The rest just very solid over and over and over again.... now over 14,000 rushing. 

I mean what do you do with a guy like that? Consistency has to count for something but he was rarely considered a top 5 back in his generation. He’s like the art monk of rb’s. Hard to deny the raw numbers 

Yeah, good question about Gore.  You pretty much have to put him in.

6 1000 yard seasons with 2 additional 800 plus yard seasons that were only held down under 1000 yards due to missing 4 games both of those seasons. That's in addition to over 3000 receiving yards.  

McCoy has been one of the best starting running backs for 8 straight seasons. That to me is HOF worth regardless of what he does to end his career. What more do you want than nearly a decade of a player being one of the best if not the best at his position? Is one more good season the difference?