La Canfora: Bills Betting "Big" on Allen and Edmunds

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to La Canfora: Bills Betting "Big" on Allen and Edmunds
33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Whoosh!  That's the sound of you for missing the play on the word BIG. 

Read the second paragraph of the OP where it talks about how much the Bills are counting on them.  Most teams count on their first round picks. The first paragraph was a set up to the second 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Read the second paragraph of the OP where it talks about how much the Bills are counting on them.  Most teams count on their first round picks. The first paragraph was a set up to the second 

Of course they are. Both are key players in th plan for long term success.   NSS and whoosh!

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have none, but you apparently do. 

Mine is simple.  Saying an NFL team is betting big on first round draft picks is roughly akin to saying water is wet.

it's not exactly a revealing article, but then again it is LaCanfora.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Mine is simple.  Saying an NFL team is betting big on first round draft picks is roughly akin to saying water is wet.

That's the title, but there's more beyond in the content with his visit to OBD including the interviews.  Sorry for your deep and painful heartburn.  :lol:

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's exactly that for his position of LB.  That kind of size is not common. 

I'm not even sure what that posters point is.

Everyone has been raving about his size, athleticism and the fact they think he can fill out even more and have good speed for an LB in the NFL. I think he's the one guy we all can be excited about.

His tackles are bigger than him? The !@#$ does that have to do with anything. Every great LB in the modern era played with tackles bigger than him.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm sorry it went over your head, but it's simple headline writing.

Edmunds is big. Allen is big. They are both first round picks, so they are betting "big". They took two really big athletic guys in the first round.

I don't see the point in disparaging him, or making the point into something else like you are. You're reaching.

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

But Sammy isn't "big," which is literally what the author means here. Size AND weight of expectations...

It's amazing how almost half of the three pages in this thread can't grasp that simple point.

Even in a simple, short, relatively positive write up in June, Bills fans can even find a way to B word about the author. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills still have a full draft in 2019 and buckets of cash for free agents to replace Allen and Edmunds if they're really that bad (which they won't be).

How is it such a big bet?

Edited by Golden Goat

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Everyone has been raving about his size, athleticism and the fact they think he can fill out even more and have good speed for an LB in the NFL. I think he's the one guy we all can be excited about.

His tackles are bigger than him? The !@#$ does that have to do with anything. Every great LB in the modern era played with tackles bigger than him.

Edmunds is big. Allen is big. They are both first round picks, so they are betting "big". They took two really big athletic guys in the first round.

I don't see the point in disparaging him, or making the point into something else like you are. You're reaching.

It's amazing how almost half of the three pages in this thread can't grasp that simple point.

Even in a simple, short, relatively positive write up in June, Bills fans can even find a way to B word about the author. 

I think the thrust of his article was not big in size but in impact.  Which is the case for every first round pick.  

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

But Sammy isn't "big," which is literally what the author means here. Size AND weight of expectations...

You should follow other people's conversations before you comment.  You don't want to end up shooting an elephant in your pajamas.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Read my history in the thread before you challenge my reading comprehension.

21 hours ago, Lurker said:

Like all first round pics pan out?   Sammy Watkins says hello...

What I replied to originally.

Ol D B,. This is not the first time I've had an argument with you that show cases your reading comprehension...  "Skills"