Daboll: Blocking Scheme, Approach to the Game

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully the players can run all the schemes.

Maybe this is why they retooled the line as our guys really preferred the power blocking.

That.......or one lineman retired due to medical concerns and another retired, unretired, and then threw a dumbbell at a government spy who was in his playground.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

in theory this is good...we'll see how good they can implement and execute it week to week. 

reminds me of Rex's defense. Sometimes more is not better.

Thats a good analogy... hopefully doesn't come to fruition.  The other one that it reminds me of is Hackett wanting to run a very fast, no huddle w/ EJ at QB

17 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

reminds me of Rex's defense. Sometimes more is not better.

You compensate for that mind numbing immensity of the Ryan Brothers defensive genius by just putting 10 players on the field.  To not do so would just be too unfair to the opponents.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it can be  some of both but this is how Pats strategize offensively, especially in the run game and personnel groupings. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a team or unit that other teams have to scheme against rather then the Bills having to scheme against what they do all the time? By saying they will be flexible and scheme week to week according to the opponent is almost saying they are just going to go out and try not to lose and let them dictate how the game is played

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a team or unit that other teams have to scheme against rather then the Bills having to scheme against what they do all the time? By saying they will be flexible and scheme week to week according to the opponent is almost saying they are just going to go out and try not to lose and let them dictate how the game is played

It’s not almost saying that at all. It’s called complex game planning. Some teams do more intricate scheming toward matchups than others. Pats are famous for it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

AKA the K-Gun offense.  If only they had kept handing off to Thurman in XXV...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s not almost saying that at all. It’s called complex game planning. Some teams do more intricate scheming toward matchups than others. Pats are famous for it.

The Pat's do it cause they can, because teams have to game plan for them.

You can plan or tweak your schemes occasionally if you know the team your playing has weaknesses in areas, but an offence should be dictating the play, not being reactive to the defences. 

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Fair enough...

But what if the Bills had hired Belichick eighteen years ago instead of Gregg Williams, and the Bills had won multiple Super Bowls over the ensuing years and been the most dominant team in the league for more than a decade, do you really think you'd feel the same way about our coach Belichick?

If he had been cheating repeatedly I'd think Ralph would have the ethical backbone to fire him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Pat's do it cause they can, because teams have to game plan for them.

You can plan or tweak your schemes occasionally if you know the team your playing has weaknesses in areas, but an offence should be dictating the play, not being reactive to the defences. 

Not sure you understand what he’s saying. He is game planning. They can dictate play in the game, by the way they approach the matchups each week.http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Why-Brian-Dabolls-approach-is-making-a-difference-in-Buffalo/112eb1ad-e809-4c21-b69a-709194ea9fd5

Additionally, Daboll sees value in changing the speed at which the offense operates, something New England's offense has done for years.

"You have to dictate tempo offensively," he said. "But there's also a part of scheming and seeing what the defense gives you and trying to attack those weaknesses."

That's the part of Daboll's approach to offense that excites Clay the most. NFL offensive coordinators know it's a matchup league and often look for those mismatches each week. Clay however, sees Daboll as a play caller who makes it his top priority.

"He definitely does a good job of coaching the quarterbacks to find the mismatch," said Clay. "He coaches reads too, but he thinks mismatches first. The quarterbacks are going to give us chances. That's the exciting thing. (Daboll) thinks matchups first and that's something that will help us this year."

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I prefer that you do your thing and not so much worry what other people are doing. I'd rather we have our own identity than to have an identity based off of what some other team is doing.

you make a good point, but i think their could be a balance in there. "this is what we want to do, and this is how we are going to accomplish it". i think there is something to be said for a nice blend of both.

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Likely older n you.

Remember the Lamonica trade?

I remember crying and feeling sorry when the nice man in need of a shave said on live tv "you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around any more."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013