Get in Out of the Rain....

Is it really necessary for journalists and weather people to stand out in weather ranging from inclement to down right dangerous to tell us it's raining?  Does anyone else see the irony of a drenched reporter being blasted by wind and debris telling us to stay inside because it's dangerous outside?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/us/tv-news-crew-killed-falling-tree.html

6 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

Is it really necessary for journalists and weather people to stand out in weather ranging from inclement to down right dangerous to tell us it's raining?  Does anyone else see the irony of a drenched reporter being blasted by wind and debris telling us to stay inside because it's dangerous outside?

Another favorite of mine is the reporter driving around in a snow storm telling everyone to stay off the roads.

9 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

Meterologists are true heroes.  Thank you for your service, weather people.  Thoughts and prayers.  

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

Well, today we learned. Not too roast marshmallows in a volcanic fissure in Hawaii.

If you do it in the rain. It is even more dangerous to eat. Film at 11.

Can we fit a dramatization of the Pompeii eruption into the segment??

I want the viewers to literally **** their pants.

Or when the weather is bad, and the story isn't even weather related, no does it have to be reported upon live from the scene. "Jim, I'm standing in front of Buffalo City Hall, where just 5 hours ago...." Five hours ago? Everybody is gone. Go home. No reason you have to be out of the comfort of your studio.

44 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Can we fit a dramatization of the Pompeii eruption into the segment??

Here comes the next edition of 'Survivor'.

What say the next season of 'The Bachelor' involves tossing those bimbos in the volcano until one is miraculously spared.

And you're right...I have little use or patience for reality television.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Natural selection.

I hate how the weather (of all things) has become so sensationalized.

Money.  It all comes down to money.

People watch doom and gloom.  

One of my favorite hobbies is studying the choice of language on the crawlers used by CNN and other TV networks announcing "breaking news".  

The choice of wording is often hilarious, as it is intentionally so dramatic and fear inducing.

• Like (+1) 1