NY state attorney general resigned 5-7-18

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Umm...

but it came out in the media in 2018, so all is forgiven for those who enabled and ignored  and were basically gun-molls for this guy

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

but it came out in the media in 2018, so all is forgiven for those who enabled and ignored  and were basically gun-molls for this guy

Row, walk this story out a bit more. I'm still digesting it but it seems at first blush as if Schneiderman went after Trump (and Trump Uni) because Trump knew dirt on him. And Trump then waited until just the right moment to detonate Schneiderman's entire career. 

It's the timing of it that's interesting. If this is true, and it may not be, that means Trump could have played this card at any point along the way when Schniederman was leading the "resistance" ... but he waited until now. Why now? 

(because we're entering the end game)

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Row, walk this story out a bit more. I'm still digesting it but it seems at first blush as if Schneiderman went after Trump (and Trump Uni) because Trump knew dirt on him. And Trump then waited until just the right moment to detonate Schneiderman's entire career. 

It's the timing of it that's interesting. If this is true, and it may not be, that means Trump could have played this card at any point along the way when Schniederman was leading the "resistance" ... but he waited until now. Why now? 

The curse of identity politics, they have to run after every loose thread, and this one is a real and legit thread

Trump knows how to play the NYC game of media and political to perfection.  They misunderestimate him.

I read Spy magazine during the late 80s, taught me all the ways Trump handled the media and the parade of fools he ran across.  My favourite scoop was a black-tie party where the host placed Montblanc pens at each setting,  and the host having to tell Liz Smith, gossipeuse, to return the handful of other people's pens she had scooped up and put in her purse.

Edited by row_33

Just now, row_33 said:

The curse of identity politics, they have to run after every loose thread, and this one is a real and legit thread

Trump knows how to play the NYC game of media and political to perfection.  They misunderestimate him.

:lol::beer: 

That's a new TBDism, isn't it? 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol::beer: 

That's a new TBDism, isn't it? 

better than Charo telling someone on The Love Boat "you misconscrew me"

the greatest hoisting of Liberaldom was their claiming Reagan was brain-dead and a puppet without thought from 1965 until Iran Contra, so he was able to say "I don't remember" to every question

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It makes me wonder how far back Trump was recruited into the game.

17 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Trump may have been the only sober person at about 1,000 huge decision-making events in NYC from 1976 to present.

David Geffen had the same sobriety in LA during his rise through the music industry.

12 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I believe he was read into the plan by MI in early 2015 - but I think Trump was preparing on his own for years. 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Trump may have been the only sober person at about 1,000 huge decision-making events in NYC from 1976 to present.

David Geffen had the same sobriety in LA during his rise through the music industry.

Geffen had other demons. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I believe he was read into the plan by MI in early 2015 - but I think Trump was preparing on his own for years. 

Geffen had other demons. 

Geffen was probably the ONLY person at the big label negotiating tables who wasn't strung out on some drug and/or booze for many years.

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

And the dumb !@#$ still managed to go bankrupt three times.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Geffen was probably the ONLY person at the big label negotiating tables who wasn't strung out on some drug and/or booze for many years.

You're not wrong... But he was strung out on something (imo) much worse. But that's a story for a different day. :beer: 

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're not wrong... But he was strung out on something (imo) much worse. But that's a story for a different day. :beer: 

a false diagnosis of terminal cancer? 

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

making $$$ wasn't his top priority, and he went through a lot of business cycles, he's been around 40 years...

On 5/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, DC Tom said:

umm... actually not dumb, smart for taking advantage of dumb, completely legal 

bankruptcy laws.